• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

♠ The Art of RNG ♠ | RNG Guides [OLD]

Bring challenges back?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
Ah! That makes more sense, thank you. Does it matter how far in advance or in the past I search the years? Because as of right now I'm searching the year 2020 haha.

Years
One last question, I obtained two Chatot and am using them to advance the frame, but I don't seem to be getting it right. In RNG Reporter it says my Frame is 1 and my Shiny Frame is 484. So the number of advancements I would need to do is 483 correct? I tried both 484 and 483 and neither of the times were successful.

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
Years
One last question, I obtained two Chatot and am using them to advance the frame, but I don't seem to be getting it right. In RNG Reporter it says my Frame is 1 and my Shiny Frame is 484. So the number of advancements I would need to do is 483 correct? I tried both 484 and 483 and neither of the times were successful.
Not quite. The Frame 1 is referring to the IVs. You will have to do way less than 483 chatters.

Your PID (shiny) Frame will be somewhere between 38 and 60. If there are wandering trainers on the route, even if off screen, the PID will advance randomly.

You need to first use the program's Calculate Initial PID button to get this 38-60 number. In one example, my starting frame was given as 43.

Then, you need to figure out the shifted frame (this pid frame may have been shifted because of wandering trainers). Just do some test runs (ie don't do hundreds of chatters each time). Just do a run where you do 0 chatters immediately, and on the next run do 1 chatter, maybe a 2 chatter run, etc, and find the pattern of natures on the generated table. Assuming you hit your seed, you'll find the pattern and determine the shifted starting frame.

What Pokemon are you abusing? Gifts still? I'm rusty, but I hope this helps.

General Summary of Information
— Initial Frame for PID
— The PID, or Personality Value, is responsible for a Pokémon's nature, ability, shiny color, and so on. Click for more details.
This will vary between 38 to 60 from seed to seed. Always use RNG Reporter to calculate the Initial PID Frame for you.

Musica

PPPPPDPPPPP
Years
Has anyone tried finding their parameters for BW2? I've bought the game yesterday, and I tried finding mine in my XL only to find out RNG Reporter doesn't support the DSi yet. I tried with my Lite, but no luck. I had one seed when I expanded the range of my timer0 to 10FF. I got a timer0 of 10F3 and all other parameters were the same.

Years
I figured out what I was doing wrong, I was doing it completely wrong actually, but now it's easier for me to figure it out and I understand what you mean by the initial frame now. I'm trying to RNG a Keldeo, the event, so it'd be a Gift Pokemon in the Pokecenter. The frames shouldn't advance randomly because I'm doing it in the Victory Road Pokecenter and none of the npcs in there are wandering so the frame should only change due to the Chatots. I'll try it again sometime later today, but I see where I went wrong. Thank you all for your help, I'll update later with my progress and hopefully success.

EDIT: Here's my RNG Reporter, as you can see the Pokemon I want is on frame 98, the Timid Shiny. My starting frame is 45.

Spoiler:

Years
So, after trying to figure out all this RNG stuff I finally figured it out, (and I guess it would've helped if I fully read the guide, but I didn't :3).

Anyways, here's my first successful RNG:

638.png

(yes, he's shiny o.o)
Nature: Jolly

I'm not 100% on the IVs, but if I got the timing and everything right then they should be 31 / 31 / 31 / 28 / 31 / 31

Serebii IV calc tels me that they are at least:
30 / 30 / 31 / 28 / 30 / 30

I'm pretty proud of this, getting a nearly, if not flawless Pokemon for my first successful RNG. :) Thank you so much you guys for helping!

Griffinbane

I hate Smeargle.
Years
Serebii's calculator is iffy sometimes. Save your game, pull up Metalkid's calculator, plug in as much information as you can, then level it with rare candies. If you can put in its stats each time it levels, Metalkid can narrow down the IVs and give you something (usually) more accurate than Serebii. Do NOT save, unless you wanted to level him and don't care about the candy.

Years
  • Seen Oct 29, 2012
Finally got my first RNG :D
Well here it is -
lol, cant post an image of him, but its just a shiny boldore xD dont have enough posts yet.

Boldore with IVs of:
HP-31|Atk-3|Def-31|Sp.A-31|Sp.D-25|Spe-31​

Last edited:
Years
TiD/SiD Abuse in B2

Hey guys, nice to meet y'all! I'd like to start by saying that in the first 2 minutes of stumbling upon this site, I instantly fell in love and will now prefer this site over Smogon. This community seems much more... mature and friendly.

Now that that's outta the way, I am in need of some help.

I've got a hold of a retail cart of Black2, and I'm using a DSLite. I've had the HARDEST time trying to calibrate for RNGing, because I didn't want to venture too far into the game without abusing my TiD/SiD FIRST.

So, I've found my parameters, and it seems like I have a Timer0 of 1103 as my most common. Yeah, it fluctuates a bit. I've been trying to RNG myself a certain PID frame for easy flawless shiny spreads, but so far I haven't had any luck.

Either I hit the wrong Timer0, or I can't find ANY Timer0 that I hit to compare my results with.

How... exactly am I supposed to be doing this anyway? I've been using this guide *smogon [dot] com/forums/group.php?do=discuss&gmid=109518* so far.

Crescend

Breeder
Years
I'm back, at long last :D Pokemon white 2 awoke me from my slumber, I finally got the game two days ago. It's going to take a while to beat the game and then relearn RNG'ing all over again though.. >__<

Melinda

[b][i][color=#fff]#teamsonia[/color][/i][/b]
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Sep 18, 2022
This is what I've done on White 2 so far.

012.png
572.gif
012.png

Minccino ♂ | Level 22
Skill Link | 31 31 31 2 31 31
Hidden Grotto

009.png
643.gif
009.png

Reshiram | Level 70
Turbo Blaze | 31 15 31 31 31 31
Dragonspiral Tower​

I only RNG'd this Reshiram because I needed to get it out of the way to get Kyurem so I figured why not. :P

oooDrakeooo

Golden Dragon
Years
Hello everybody! I hope you can help me.

I learned about RNG recently, so far I've only used it to hatch a Modest Eevee (I didn't even RNG'd its IVs :P), which means I don't have much idea of this way of playing games.

I just wanted to know if there's any way to RNG the items my Zigzagoon with Pickup will get. I want tons of rare candies so I can level up my shiny chained Pokés, calculate its IVs, and know my SID using the Chain to SID function on RNG Reporter.

If there's any way to do it, can you tell me, please? Thanks! :)

Gonzo

RNG Sommelier
Years
There aren't any methods to rng Pickup.

But you can learn regular RNG and then open a trade thread here with Rare Candies as your currency ;)

Good luck with future abuses! :)

johnny18

Kiss Me Like It's Do or Die
Years
Is there any ways to do this RNG stuff for pokemon B/W2??
For pokemon black/white, you can RNG both eggs and wild pokemons and the second post from TwilightBlade on this thread demonstrates how to do it for you. For Black2/White2, the concept is the same but you cannot RNG eggs.

Gonzo

RNG Sommelier
Years
timer0s are different and there are 8-16 timer0s per second not up to 3 like in BW. It's just a bit harder. If it's going to be your first RNG, I highly recommend
to start with BW, because it's much easier ;)

Cordelia

Banned
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Nov 21, 2014
timer0s are different and there are 8-16 timer0s per second not up to 3 like in BW. It's just a bit harder. If it's going to be your first RNG, I highly recommend
to start with BW, because it's much easier ;)

Max so far is 18 in my W2... Lol man this is difficult.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back