• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Booster Pack/"Look What I Just Got!" Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fairy Tale~

Straight Outta Compton
Years
Well, it may be a bit old, it's not forbidden to quote the ancient posts in this thread. It's just unlikely that you'll get a response from the quoted poster because quote notifications will not be a thing here for a while yet.

Please do not mini-mod, Goatman4.

well that is true but realy the first page. and what do you mean mini mod?

Fairy Tale~

Straight Outta Compton
Years
look what i got
$T2eC16NHJIQFHHdmVvzNBSBmTEDWkQ~~60_35.JPG

Years
  • Seen May 2, 2020
Went to a Legendary Treasures pre-release. Nice to see the EX's distributed more freely in the set, even if most are reprints. Manage to nab:

DarkraiEX, MewEX, ShayminEX, and Emolga.

Holos: Victini, Zekrom, Terrakion, and Rayquaza.

Reverse Holos: Solosis (common), Lucario (rare), Cobalion (rare), and Deino (common)

Fairy Tale~

Straight Outta Compton
Years
Went to a Legendary Treasures pre-release. Nice to see the EX's distributed more freely in the set, even if most are reprints. Manage to nab:

DarkraiEX, MewEX, ShayminEX, and Emolga.

Holos: Victini, Zekrom, Terrakion, and Rayquaza.

Reverse Holos: Solosis (common), Lucario (rare), Cobalion (rare), and Deino (common)

me to we are doing 6 booster and making a 40 card deck out of them.

They used the Shiny Collection artwork for MewEX and ShayminEX, I hope?

let me look in to that. hmm ooo nope they are not shiny art.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Apr 26, 2015
So i went to go pick up the new chespin box with the figurine and what not from walmart. Got an awesome pull. The english version of course.
SkylaBoundariesCrossed149.jpg

I almost tripped as i opened the pack on my way home. Now i have a total of 3 FA supporters.

Just opened the online packs and got a FA Iris. wow great buy imo.

Last edited:

Fairy Tale~

Straight Outta Compton
Years
So i went to go pick up the new chespin box with the figurine and what not from walmart. Got an awesome pull. The english version of course.
SkylaBoundariesCrossed149.jpg

I almost tripped as i opened the pack on my way home. Now i have a total of 3 FA supporters.

Just opened the online packs and got a FA Iris. wow great buy imo.

OH MY GOD YOU ARE KIDDING!

@mpharock

...Because Ampharos Rocks !
Years
  • Age 39
  • UK
  • Seen Nov 20, 2013
I just opened 2 Darkrai collector tins (got 2 to get the codes for online will be selling the promo cards on ebay) and i got 2 great pulls from the packs inside got a 2nd copy of Reshiram 113/114 full art work which i will also be selling on ebay plus a Mew Ex 46/124 which i need so pretty happy about all that :)

She_Delphox

Delphox used Mystical Fire!
Years
Ahh the boosterpacks, what a good time in my young child's life ^_^

I remember my biggest pull and "Wow! OMG I can't believe I have this card!" moment was when I went to school some day and a guy who was in my class, was bragging to me about how he obtained a Dark Raichu and that it was Ultra Rare and you will never have one blahblah, aaaand of course it was a attention-lie. But, when my dad gave me some money that afternoon to let me buy my first Team Rocket booster pack (they just came out then), I pulled a Dark Raichu!!! I remember being sooo happy and I didn't even had the patience opening my booster at home, so I did it in front of the store... I was stunned :D Then, the next day I did bring my newest addition to show the kids at school, but because Dark Raichu is in fact a SECRET RARE (I didn't know at the time being the kid I was) and the numbering is 83/82 that same guy said it was a fake and useless card because of that >.> but I knew better and he wanted to trade but I said no... to Everyone! :3 whaha
I really didn't want to trade also because I really like Raichu and I really liked the art and all, the card was just too valuable for me I guess :)

I still have this beloved card in my collection today, with this awesome memory everytime I look at this card :3
10.%20giggle.gif
I really love the first card collections (Base set, Jungle set, Fossil set and Rocket set) mainly because of the awesome artwork, and I have all of these sets complete. I think it is too bad they don't draw the artwork like that in the old days anymore, although the full-art cards are really awesome too!

Other great pulls I remember were Walrein Ex and Mew Ex :3 still have those, I always seem to pull cards of the Pokemon I really like and love and that were awesome to play the game with ;)

Last edited:

@mpharock

Years
  • Age 39
  • UK
  • Seen Nov 20, 2013
If we are going down memory lane i use to always open my booster packs from the base set and jungle and fossil packs right outside the shop too lol
I got well excited one time when i got a venusaur and i also remember the time i got a base set Raichu i got mobbed at school for trades and then i cracked and some kid offered me 8 holo's for it and i traded that is the only trade i regret to this day really.
I don't mind using rare cards now in card games i am running 2 decks right now that use most of the recent booster pack releases those being a Lugia Ex deck and another one being a Darkrai Ex and Darkrai X deck both kick some ass yet both still hold a weakness or two which is why i love the card game few battles ever feel the same :)
Online right now i am trying to build a Darkrai Ex deck but struggling to land a few key cards but this morning i did add 3 colourless energies and 2 Darkrai Ex cards so happy days i guess.

Raikou

bolt-action thunder
Years
  • Age 34
  • NY
  • Seen Nov 12, 2015
I finally broke down and bought the Fennekin box today from walmart. I kept looking at it every time I would pass them. I guess it was a good thing that I bought it. I wound up pulling a Landorus EX!

@mpharock

Years
  • Age 39
  • UK
  • Seen Nov 20, 2013
nice pull ! {:3}

I have decided to sell my Mew Ex on ebay starting prices are £20 + that is easy money for a card i doubt i will ever use and Mew just doesn't do it for me :P

Last edited:

Raikou

bolt-action thunder
Years
  • Age 34
  • NY
  • Seen Nov 12, 2015
nice pull ! {:3}

I have decided to sell my Mew Ex on ebay starting prices are £20 + that is easy money for a card i doubt i will ever use and Mew just doesn't do it for me :P

The first time I pulled a Mew EX, I tried so hard to incorporate it into my Ho-Oh deck. No matter what, I just didn't like the way it ran. I took it out and wound up trading it off for a bunch of older cards that I needed.

Years
  • Seen Apr 26, 2015
I finally broke down and bought the Fennekin box today from walmart. I kept looking at it every time I would pass them. I guess it was a good thing that I bought it. I wound up pulling a Landorus EX!

This makes me want to buy another kalos starter box. Yours had landorus ex and mine had FA Skyla. Great pulls be coming from these.

Years
  • Seen May 2, 2020
Bought a Froakie Box and pulled:

Dragons Exalted:

Rare: Roserade
Reverse Holo: Ninjask (uncommon)

Boundaries Crossed:

Rare: FA Keldeo-EX
Reverse Holo: Taillow (common)

Plasma Blast:

Rare: Drifblim
Reverse Holo: Escavalier (rare)