• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Shiny Gold!

Ikwaylx

Man with 10000 pronounciations
Years
Well, in order to get saving working properly (Because I want to go to Kanto.) I switched to Flash128k. However, I still get the Save error coming up..

Am I screwed, or is there another way to fix this?

Years
  • Seen Aug 17, 2008
zel= god of roms
this thing is awesome i love this hack
and i had a question did you scratch the ho-oh on the title screen cuz it looks really good

Ikwaylx

Years
Hrm, never mind about my question. I suppose I have to start over from the beginning now.

Curses! I already restarted once :P
Edit: no.. It still won't save.

Years
  • Seen Sep 11, 2011
Hrm,I know..and I have a question,too.
After you releasing the B6,can I load the save of B5 ?
and I suggest that add the battle fronter like Emerald in SG will be more interesting as well as exciting..
add the more story in kanto or jhoto.we are interested in the new story, unknown things and mysterious events!!
That's all.

Magnius

Pokemon Music Hacking Guru
Years
  • Seen Feb 17, 2014
Yeah, you are right, the Satoshi (Ash in American and European translations) character, it's just the Anime version of Red, the original PKMN player character.
Actually Satoshi/Ash and Red are different(Red is a character from the manga series). Just informing you.

Ramengan

16-foot Poliwag
Years
  • Seen May 1, 2011
Wow, Zel. Amazing hack. Played through it all, now just catching and evolving extra pokes to kill time before the next release. Hope I can keep this save in the next beta, but if not, oh well.

I like the # of steps day/night idea. If it's not in there, though, that's alright.
The timed events got a bad first impression on me, but then I realized I could make several balls in an hour and boost a Pokemon's happiness easily through repeated haircuts. :D
The only glitches I've found were the Lavender Town ones, but I see they've all been addressed.
Lots of big, suspicious rocks blocking the path. Looking forward to seeing what's behind them in the next betas!

Random Question: Is there a way to get the "Stick" item for Farfetch'd? I happen to have two, one shiny (yays), and I want sticks for them. I tried stealing from wilds to no avail. They may have one and be rare, but according to Bulbapedia, it's only accessible in Vermillion in FireRed, and I can't find it there since it's all changed. If someone has a stick, can you tell me that it is possible? Maybe I just haven't looked hard enough. If not, can you, Zel, add it in somewhere? If you could add it as a held item for wild Farfetch'd, that'd be awesome. Certainly not a big deal, but I'd appreciate it.
whew, long question.

Hrm,I know..and I have a question,too.
After you releasing the B6,can I load the save of B5 ?
I'm just guessing here, but depending on how much is changed from beta to beta, it may or may not be possible. Archive your save file if you care about it, and save somewhere "safe" (I'm guessing Jhoto will be stable and remain the same, mostly. Try PC in Violet City or something). Load up the new beta, and if it works, great! If not, just start from a new file. It is a really fun game, so that shouldn't be too bad. ;)

i cant save in this game for some reason, i tried what the it said by going to options>emulator>whatever, but when i go to options theres nothing that says emulator,

(i have visualboy advance version 1.7.4)

Are you sure it's not there? You could try a later version (mine's 1.8.0-beta 3). I took a screenshot of what it should look like, if you need to see.

Also, has anyone before caught/bred six zigzagoons just for the Pickups? I fear I'm having too much fun with this hack.

Last edited:

Ramengan

16-foot Poliwag
Years
  • Seen May 1, 2011
Sent you a PM, blackpen.

I hope there's more bug-catching contests in the future. I was dumb and saved after wasting my first 2 chances by getting Everstones. Now I only have 1 Sun Stone and 2 pokemon to evolve. :/
Also liked the legendaries appearing on the map. Only ran into Entei so far, and it ran before I could even battle it. I deserved that, though. I actually decided to stop and save as soon as I saw it, THEN approach it. I don't know what made me think that would actually work.

Years
really nice hack!! grats to zel. i hope you finish it quickly.
if we could keep our saves until the finished game and used it there, this would be amazing.

Years
  • Seen Sep 11, 2011
...I know...to be honest,I have ever seen such a excellent hack roms,so I am evey concerned about shiny gold as well as the Chinese pokemon fans do~~I tried to play other hack roms about gold,however, all of these cant make me satisfied!
Hrm...I hope that there will be more new story and more interesting things in shinygold !
PS:my English is so so....please pardon me to the mistakes~

alureon

Alureon the Pokemon Master
Years
  • Seen Aug 8, 2009
Random Question: Is there a way to get the "Stick" item for Farfetch'd? I happen to have two, one shiny (yays), and I want sticks for them. I tried stealing from wilds to no avail. They may have one and be rare, but according to Bulbapedia, it's only accessible in Vermillion in FireRed, and I can't find it there since it's all changed. If someone has a stick, can you tell me that it is possible? Maybe I just haven't looked hard enough. If not, can you, Zel, add it in somewhere? If you could add it as a held item for wild Farfetch'd, that'd be awesome. Certainly not a big deal, but I'd appreciate it, whew, long question.

Zel was wondering if you would add the Stick (Farfetch'd) with the, Light Ball for (Pika), Metal Powder (Ditto), Soul Dew (Latios/Latias), Deepseascale, Deepseatooth (Clampearl Sp Atk, Def), Lucky Punch, Lucky Egg (Chansey) Thick Club (Marowak) with a decent drop rate if not in the game. I wonder if the other hold items would be available through purchases. Zigzagoon pickups are cool, some free items yea.

Ikwaylx

Years
The game still won't save properly, even when I deleted all the .sav files and changed the emulator save type to flash128K

Should I redownload pokemon firered? or the patch? I need some help here because I want to enjoy the game knowing that I can beat the Elite 4 without being forced to restart the game afterwards.

dirk123

Organization XIII
Years
1. Use the correct VBA setting (which you have done)
2. Delete the .sav file (which you also have done?)
3. Start a new game.

Don't use any of your old save stats or you will have the save problem again!!!

smashmaniac2008

GONNA SMSH YOU INTO TINY BITS!
Years
Can you change golds backsprite to make him look forward like Red did in FireRed/LeafGreen because he looks fat sideways.

Back