• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Official September CoroCoro Discussion Thread -- Mega Evolutions, New Pokémon, More!

How do you feel about the Mega Evolutions?

• Total voters
Years
  • Seen Sep 1, 2023
I would be totally fin with this if and only if the "mega pokemon" revert back to their original form after battle. It would be cool and that way, we could still enjoy the pokemon we love outside of battle and only "megavolve" them if we choose to do so.

EDIT: Okay, I just checked and Serebii confirms that my theory was correct. Once the battle is over, the pokemon do revert back to their original forms.

Last edited:

DamienHelvian

Legendary Lucario Warrior
Years
I would be totally fin with this if and only if the "mega pokemon" revert back to their original form after battle. It would be cool and that way, we could still enjoy the pokemon we love outside of battle and only "megavolve" them if we choose to do so.

It has been repeatedly stated and confirmed that it is explicitly battle exclusive, and only one pokemon at a time can be in mega form. That and not every pokemon will have such a form.

Keiran

[b]Rock Solid[/b]
Years
This is even more broken than Huge Power Mawile. >.> Double Fake Out...Sucker Punch that can break through sub, sturdy and sash...2 Helping Hands for a teammate. Scizor/Breloom + Technician + 2 Helping Hands = disgusting priority.

HeyLoro

So shiny!
Years
I do like the idea of this since I feel Kangaskhan was always underrated.

It sounds like it will make her more powerful & even cuter than before, which is nice.

BraveNewWorld

The Breaker
Years
So, its baby goes Super Saiyan? Kinda lame. The kid has never done anything before and now it takes a potentially cool aesthetics change from kangaskhan itself.

FlamingRage

Can you feel my rage?
Years
  • Seen Feb 19, 2015
Wow, these mega's are seriously going to break the game. Hopefully they'll ban them in random matchups. Or better yet, make their own tier system so people that worked hard to train them can still use them.

bobandbill

one more time
Years
All these claims that it's broken/breaks the game, and yet we don't know the full details of how it works! Let's have a bit more patience, people - you can't claim it's broken when you barely know anything about the details to begin with.

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
Years
All these claims that it's broken/breaks the game, and yet we don't know the full details of how it works! Let's have a bit more patience, people - you can't claim it's broken when you barely know anything about the details to begin with.

This tbh! A lot of people are complaining that they're broken as hell but no way would they give us something this powerful with no setbacks. They're gonna have major downsides, I'm sure. I think Lucario, Blaziken and Absol are going to be extremely frail. Mawile could possibly be hindered by either a terrible movepool or low speed. Ampharos will probably suffer from speed and defense issues, too.

Kangaskhan, well I've already mentioned what I think it's downside would be.

Years
  • Seen Sep 1, 2023
It has been repeatedly stated and confirmed that it is explicitly battle exclusive, and only one pokemon at a time can be in mega form. That and not every pokemon will have such a form.

"Battle exclusive" could have meant many things, though. For example, it could have been the case that evolving into this form could have only occurred during battle, but that the Pokémon did not revert once the battle was finished.

DamienHelvian

Years
"Battle exclusive" could have meant many things, though. For example, it could have been the case that evolving into this form could have only occurred during battle, but that the Pokémon did not revert once the battle was finished.

It means, only exists in battle, and the word 'temporary' is used a lot. They only happen during battle, and only one per battle. Once it's over, they turn back.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
A mega Hydreigon would be one of the hardest Megas to get if it were made as it already evolves at a very high level...but if they were to make one they should make it a seven headed dragon. Or maybe an eight headed dragon like the Orochi.

Imagine a MegaSlacking...without Taunt...having the same ability it had as a Vigoroth...that thing would demolish in the battle field.

DamienHelvian

Years
A mega Hydreigon would be one of the hardest Megas to get if it were made as it already evolves at a very high level...but if they were to make one they should make it a seven headed dragon. Or maybe an eight headed dragon like the Orochi.

Imagine a MegaSlacking...without Taunt...having the same ability it had as a Vigoroth...that thing would demolish in the battle field.

Most Pseudos would be like that...
Speaking of which, I just thought of something that should never be a mega, Slaking...
Since most of them get new abilities, if it lost its truant ability, AND got stronger.
And the thought of other proper legendaries.... Regigigas, losing its Slow Start ability and getting stronger...

Riv

Years
  • Seen Aug 19, 2013
MegaYanmega
MegaKarp

The names sound ridiculous. Should just be like a normal Pokemon that maybe has a different look once it's a mega, or maybe the nature changes to Mega nature. Just my opinion.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Jan 5, 2018
Now I'm sure most of the evolution and pre-evolution fans wanted will never happen just because they will put a Mega evolution to them. Now it just feel that you need absolutely a Mega pokemon in your team by looking at this, I'm not reall excited about the upcoming Mega either.

Years
Let's talk stones

Locations

I wish these were more like shinies, in that, the only way to obtain one is to encounter a pokemon holding the stone, pre-evo or not, and then some sort of animation or sound to signify the item's presence I think that would make these pokemon more rare and special.

From the info we have, it's hard to tell if the stones are set in stationary places since it says,
"Some of the many Mega Stones seem to be hidden in secret places in the Kalos region. Finding every one of them will be one of the challenges awaiting you in Pokémon X and Pokémon Y!"

I hope they are not like hidden items that are easily discovered by using a simple google search. This could be interpreted several ways though, stationary placement may not be the case. It could be the case that the items are hidden in randomly generated areas. I hope they are able to in a way make the hunt similar in difficulty as encountering Feebas in RSE. That way the trainer might have to look in a particular areas for a stone, but never know the exact location with each runthrough of the game. And, I tell you, I love Milotic, the hunt made me cherish it even more! (except my last run through, in which I encountered one on my first cast of the fishing pole.)

Also, notice "SOME"! GF, you are killin' me with your vagueness, :p

Other requirements
"Only certain Pokémon, under certain conditions, can achieve Mega Evolution. One of those conditions is a special item called a Mega Stone...Other things are needed for Mega Evolution to succeed, and those secrets will be explained later!"

Wondering what other conditions may be needed, I am thinking that it hints to something unique to each Pokemon, not something that is not secret worthy like perfect EV training. For instance, Ampharos learning a specific dragon move or Kangaskan obtaining max happiness. Erm, I can't think of anything that creative at the moment, but you get the gist.

What conditions other than a stone do you think will be required?

Last edited:

DamienHelvian

Years
Let's talk stones

Locations

I wish these were more like shinies, in that, the only way to obtain one is to encounter a pokemon holding the stone, pre-evo or not, and then some sort of animation or sound to signify the item's presence I think that would make these pokemon more rare and special.

From the info we have, it's hard to tell if the stones are set in stationary places since it says,
"Some of the many Mega Stones seem to be hidden in secret places in the Kalos region. Finding every one of them will be one of the challenges awaiting you in Pokémon X and Pokémon Y!"

I hope they are not like hidden items that are easily discovered by using a simple google search. This could be interpreted several ways though, stationary placement may not be the case. It could be the case that the items are hidden in randomly generated areas. I hope they are able to in a way make the hunt similar in difficulty as encountering Feebas in RSE. That way the trainer might have to look in a particular areas for a stone, but never know the exact location with each runthrough of the game. And, I tell you, I love Milotic, the hunt made me cherish it even more! (except my last run through, in which I encountered one on my first cast of the fishing pole.)

Other requirements
"Only certain Pokémon, under certain conditions, can achieve Mega Evolution. One of those conditions is a special item called a Mega Stone...Other things are needed for Mega Evolution to succeed, and those secrets will be explained later!"

Wondering what other conditions may be needed, I am thinking that it hints to something unique to each Pokemon, not something that is not secret worthy like perfect EV training. For instance, Ampharos learning a specific dragon move or Kangaskan obtaining max happiness. Erm, I can't think of anything that creative at the moment, but you get the gist.

What conditions other than a stone do you think will be required?

Ooooh! I wonder if it'll be one of those post-game challenges that earns a trainer star!
At least some of them will be in-game and not just through events, although the other conditions might be...tedious, such as specific natures, abilities, or etc.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
While I kind of wish that the parent Kangaskhan should've had a bit of a change itself, I like the baby' new design and how it fights alongside its mother. I can't wait on the full details of Parental Bond.

Jumpleet

Rise Above The Rest
Years
A little disappointed. I was hoping the baby had another baby in its pouch. Oh well. Anyway, while it isn't the Normal/Dragon type I envisioned, I am happy the Kanghaskid gets his day in the limelight.

Back