• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ultimate Gym Leader Challenge

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
114.gif
Ultimate Gym Leader Challenge
136.gif

Welcome! Tired of being restricted to one game for a certain gym leader? Never fear! That ends now. In this challenge, you can be a Unova leader in the region that started it all, Kanto. You can be your favorite Johto leader in Hoenn. Like Sinnoh leaders, but not Sinnoh itself? Have we got a challenge for you! Keep on reading, trainer, and see what adventures await!​

Rules
1. HM slaves are allowed.
2. This challenge is for all main games. You can pick any leader in any game.
3. Duplicate Pokemon are allowed, however no more than two of the same Pokemon.
4. HM slaves are allowed.
5. You may hack/trade in up to three Pokemon. You don't have to, but this rule is there if you need it!
6. If your leader's signature Pokemon is available in the game, whether in-game or by trading/hacking, you must use it or its pre-evolution. (ex. Jasmine using Onix if you're playing Red) They will be indicated in the list by a * next to its name.
7. You must have a team of no less than four.
8. Some gym leaders have more than one legendary to choose from, however you are limited to only one if you choose to use them.
9. You may trade/hack in evolutionary items if they are in the post-game.
10. Challenge is finished after defeating Rival (RBYG/FRLG), Red (GSC/HGSS), Steven (RSE), Cynthia (DPPt), Alder (BW), Iris (B2W2), or Champion (XY).

The Leaders
Kanto
Spoiler:

Johto
Spoiler:

Hoenn
Spoiler:

Sinnoh
Spoiler:

Unova
Spoiler:

Kalos
Spoiler:

please don't whine and complain about your choices. if you run into a conflict with your leader, game, and pokemon choices, we can work something out, so don't fret!

Sign-Up Form
Username: Sydian
Game: White 2
Leader: Jasmine

Gym Leaders
Spoiler:

Gym Heros
Spoiler:

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Jan 19, 2024
name: cmanblast3
game: platinium
leader: candice
im resigning up for this challenge and continuing my challange. beat gardinia yesterday and im heading out to hearthome.
Update: Beat Fantina, in Veilstone city, going to battle maylene tomarrow! gotta love snow days.

Last edited:

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
Years
Username: LilJzz1234
Game: Ruby
Leader: Brock

Congratz on actually making the challenge :D
I'm sure this one will be very good^^

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
Years
This is a challenge I'm actually going to complete I swear. :|

Username: [supporter]EternallyAnna[/supporter]
Game: Black
Leader: Cilan seriously what did you expect

Last edited:

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Not really an update, but right now, I am working on getting half my team bred. I'm totally using that rule to my advantage so that I'm not having to mono Steel this thing haha. But yeah, I've traded my old W2 team to Black and I'm in Black breeding some team members right now. My end game team should look like this:

208.gif
395.gif
181.gif
468.gif
448.gif
530.gif

Also, I added a rule that clarifies when the end of the challenge is for each game, and I realized that some evo items are in post game or really far off, so I added a rule allowing you to trade/hack them in if need be. And no, you can't hack a Water Stone into HGSS just because you don't like Pokethlon. Only do this if you don't have a way to get evo items before the end of your challenge, ex. Metal Coat in GSC.

TrollShammy80

Loved all Pokemon Since 98'
Years
1-Got to start up my Black 2 started up, today...picked up Oshawott as my starter, did the usual starting story stuff...
2-Capture Purrloin, Lillipup and Pidove
3-Defeated the trainer kids in Alders School
4-Team is 13
5-Cheren is up Next

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
114.gif

Gym Leader Jasmine
White 2
50px-Basic_Badge.png

447.gif

Allison lv. 14 @ Oran Berry
Steadfast | Bashful
[ Counter, Quick Attack, Return, Endure ]

179.gif

Amphy lv. 12
Static | Naughty
[ Thunder Wave, Return, Cotton Spore, Thundershock ]

Spr_5b_Egg.png

x3

501.png

Oscar

Started the game, caught Allison the Riolu as my first party member. After a long time of searching, I caught Amphy the Mareep as my second party member. Cheren was difficult lol. Three times a charm though, right? I just traded in my three eggs with Onix, Piplup, and Togepi. Yay. And now I'm going to Virbank City!

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
Years
I can't have Onix or Steelix in Ruby, I'm also playing the legit cartridge. So can I use different Pokemon as my main one or I REALLY have to get an Onix/Steelix?

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
I can't have Onix or Steelix in Ruby, I'm also playing the legit cartridge. So can I use different Pokemon as my main one or I REALLY have to get an Onix/Steelix?

You don't have to use the signature Pokemon if you can't get it. So you're fine.

6. If your leader's signature Pokemon is available in the game, whether in-game or by trading/hacking, you must use it or its pre-evolution. (ex. Jasmine using Onix if you're playing Red) They will be indicated in the list by a * next to its name.

TrollShammy80

Loved all Pokemon Since 98'
Years
My Planned Team for Cheren...may change

503.gif
508.gif
521.gif

500.gif
510.gif
512.gif

Though of using Porygon...but I wouldn't have way to evolve it ;(....may swap out Liepard for Cresselia if I can get it but I think it's post game I don't remember lol

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
114.gif

Gym Leader Jasmine
White 2
50px-Basic_Badge.png
50px-Toxic_Badge.png

208.gif

Rusty ♂ lv. 18
Sturdy | Quiet
[ Stealth Rock, Earthquake, Smack Down, Heavy Slam ]

447.gif

Allison ♀ lv. 17 @ Silk Scarf
Steadfast | Bashful
[ Counter, Quick Attack, Return, Force Palm ]

180.gif

Amphy ♂ lv. 18
Static | Naughty
[ Thunder Wave, Return, Cotton Spore, Thundershock ]

175.gif

Talihina ♂ lv. 1
Hustle | Serious
[ Charm, Nasty Plot, Thunder Wave, Flamethrower ]

So one of my eggs hatched and it was Onix! I named him Rusty and trained him up a bit, then decided to go ahead and evolve him. Now I really feel like Jasmine! Amphy also evolved. Still not quite deserving of the name Amphy, but we're getting close! And my Togepi hatched, so I named him Talihina and I'll start training him now that I've defeated Roxie. But first...PokeStar Studios... :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back