• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Team Recruitment/Volunteering

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
Game Development Team Recruitment/Volunteering

Thread Rules
  • Provide as much relevant information as possible
    Whether you are recruiting or looking for work, you must provide as much relevant information as possible. If you are recruiting a team member, provide information about your team (who is on it, what they do, etc.) and what game you are (or will) be working on. If you are looking for work, state what you can do and what you're looking to do. In both cases, you should give examples of what you've done previously.
  • Don't repeat your advert
    Once your advert has been made, you shouldn't repost it again later. If something changes (such as a position being filled), you can edit the advert to reflect it - you should not make a new post about it.
    If, and only if, your last recruitment post is at least 6 months old, you may delete the old post and make a new one reflecting your progress and new needs. Ensure that you delete your old post first, to avoid cluttering up this thread.
  • No conversation
    This thread is for adverts only. There is no need for any kind of discussion. This includes answering adverts.

Advert Templates
Below are templates for you to use when making an advert. You must include all the details listed. If you cannot, then you can't make an advert and it will be deleted without warning.

Recruiting a team member
  • Position(s) being recruited for: (be specific, "a spriter" may not necessarily get what you want, perhaps you mean "someone capable of making 4th-gen style sprites for custom fakemon")
  • Team name:
  • Team members:
  • Game title:
  • Current progress made:
  • Link to the game's PokéCommunity thread OR At least 4 screenshots unique to your game:
  • Preferred method of contact:
  • Additional information: (optional)
Free agent looking for work
  • Area looking for work: (e.g. sprite artist, mapping, scripting)
  • Relevant examples of your work:
  • Preferred method of contact:
  • Additional information: (optional)

[alink id=main]Top[/alink id]Requirements written by Maruno, Cilerba, and Abnegation.
Some parts rewritten from older threads, by [url-inline=member.php?u=160]Avatar[/url-inline], [url-inline=member.php?u=6053]Neo-Dragon[/url-inline], and [url-inline=member.php?u=73423]Maruno[/url-inline].

Last edited:

Pharetra

zzzz
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Nov 23, 2021
Recruiting a Team Member
Team name: Pokémon Deep Balance
Team Leader: P-Sign
Current Members: Just me.
Current Game title: Pokémon Deep Balance
Current progress made: Two beta's released. Third will follow soon.
Position(s) needed: Character Design (Drawing the trainers and writing about their personality and story) and Spriting
Timezone: GMT+02:00, Central European Summer Time (Amsterdam)
Preferred Method of contact: Windows Live Messenger, Skype, PM, E-mail, you name it ;)
Link to your PC thread: http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=274493
Additional Info: If you need any information, feel free to send me a message. I'd be more than happy to answer your questions.

DaSpirit

Mad Programmer
Years
Recruiting a Team Member

19059580.png

Team name: TBA
Team Leader: DaSpirit
Current Members: Rocket-Dock, xAlien95 (deviantArt), Pokemon-Diamond (deviantArt)
Current Game title: Pokemon RisingEmerald
Current progress made: We are currently in progress of rewriting the game engine. Not much progress is made so far in terms of programming the actual game. We have a working 3D overworld and a textbox engine so far (I started programming 5 days ago).
Position(s) needed: Spriter
Timezone: Any will do. I live in the US, while the other team members live in Europe.
Preferred Method of contact: Skype(preferred), MSN
Link to your PC thread: Link (This project was renamed to Pokemon RisingEmerald and we are restarting it)
Additional info: We are looking for spriters who would sprite anything, including Overworlds, Tiles, and Menus. Right now, we want to change the overall style of the game to make it a unique remake. One of the things we want to do is to increase the resolution, so tiles would have to be 2x bigger. We also want to have bigger OWs as part of the new style. The game is in 3D (similar to BW) and is being created in GameMaker 8. Our team uses a shared folder on Dropbox so we can easily upload resources and a group chat on Skype to keep in contact.
Note: Still looking as of 7/17/12!

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 30, 2023
phoenix.png

Team Leader: Abnegation
Current Members:
Spoiler:

Current Game title: Pokémon: Phoenix Rising
Current progress made: Engine progress: 90% 1st Demo progress: 80%
Position(s) needed: Scripters, Pixel Artists, Tilers
Timezone: London time
Preferred Method of contact: MSN, Skype.
Additional info: I am only looking for experienced and talented artists and programmers. If you're interested please PM me.

Route2.png
Battleyaya.gif
concept.png

http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=253422

FlipelyFlip

Arr teh Pirate
Years
Recruiting a Team Member

Team name: Pokémon Legendary Crystal / Allstars
Team Leader: FlipelyFlip
Current Members:
FlipelyFlip (doing nearly everything)
BoogatieRoll (technical suport for the Updater)
Current Game title: Pokémon Legendary Crystal / Allstars
Current progress made: Beta version will be soon available in German, I'm working on the translations into english, so it will also be soon available in English (:
Position(s) needed:
Spriter for editing Pokésprites and creating a few hybrids (front- and backsprites)
Spriter for charsets and trainer (if someone is able to do both spritejobs, I wouldn't say no :D)
Scripter ('cause I'm sucking at scripting on the Essential kit)
Lector for the English language (Sometimes I don't use the right words to say what I mean in the games)
Timezone: Western Europ Time, London, Lissabon, Casablanca
Preferred Method of contact:
PM, MSN, Skype
Additional info:
It would be cool, if there is someone who want to help me (:

~flipy (:

~Angel~

Lead developer for Pokémon Millennium
Years
Recruiting a Team Member
Team name: Pokemon Enexta Version
Team Leader: Rick1234
Current Members: Me, Rebekah Howard and Jeremy Diver (Facebook)
Current Game title: Pokemon Enexta Version
Current progress made: Barely any. Only one person working on it slows me down. Mapping is something I am making progress on. The story is something that people say is good so I am going to stick with it. New character designs are coming in soon from a friend.
Position(s) needed: Scripter,Design artist, Mapper so on so forth
Timezone: (UTC-05:00) Eastern Time (US & Canada)
Preferred Method of contact: Gmail,Skype, Facebook, Yahoo, Youtube any form of contact.
Link to thread: http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=284028
And additional pictures:
the_title__by_lilligantthegreen-d56y3ju.png

updated_marowna_town_by_lilligantthegreen-d57e4rt.png

female_character_screen_shot__old__by_lilligantthegreen-d56y32k.png

Additional info: Yes barely any game progress has been made. This is why my request is coming in. I wish to get all the positions filled. If anymore info is needed please feel free to ask.

Last edited:

Ramond Hikari

- Lonely Shooting Star -
Years
Recruiting a Team Member

Team name: Pokemon Shooting Star
Team Leader: Ramond Hikari
Current Members: Ramond Hikari, kid1513
Current Game title: Pokemon Shooting Star
Current progress made: Pretty close to the first beta - first gym
Position(s) needed: Scripter, Spriter (rivals, gym leaders, etc.), Artist (Tileset, Title, menu, etc.)
Timezone: GMT +7
Preferred Method of contact: PM only
Screenshots:

Untitled-7.png
wasw.png
Untitled_zps905b284b.png
Special_day_in_Ionah.png

Additional info: I appreciate any help, even the smallest :D

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Dec 27, 2021
Recruiting a Team Member
Team name:
Team Leader: khkramer
Current Members: khkramer, musketeer, littlered
Current Game title: Pokémon Nox Online
Current progress made: Pre-Alpha
Position(s) needed: Scripter, Spriter (Trainers, overworlds)
Timezone: GMT +1
Preferred Method of contact: MSN, Xfire
Link to your active PC thread OR At least 4 screenshots (One of these are required. Posts without these will be deleted)
Additional info: Spriters will be mostly doing trainers and overworld for them.
Scripters need some experience with Client - Server programming. (RMX-OS)

NewRed.png

PC Thread: http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?p=7258963

CapricornPsyche

Psychic Trainer of Capricorn
Years
  • Age 34
  • NY
  • Seen Oct 11, 2012
Team name: Undecided
Team Leader(s): CapricornPsyche, UushiBushii, and WaterMystic277 of deviantArt
Current Members: CapricornPsyche, UushiBushii, and WaterMystic277 of dA
Current Game title: Pokemon Atomic and Nuclear versions. don't worry, were working on one game at a time and trying not to rush anything.
Current progress made: 10% or less on storyline and characters
0% on the actual game itself
Position(s) needed: Spriter, mapper, scripter, Composer of music
Timezone: three timezones, Eastern time US & Canada, Pacific time US, and Austrailia, but we try to meet all together some time durning the night Eastern time.
Preferred Method of contact: Skype, three of us make calls on there all the time, my skype name is psygal (very old name) or PM me on Pokecommunity. P
oh! and here's the thread currently for the game http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=271536

Please show us examples of your work! I'm looking for some experienced people out here, something that is impressive and catching to the eye. If it's low quality work then chances are they will be ignored.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Feb 19, 2015
Recruiting a Team Member
Team name:
Team ToR
Team Leader: Oldbarrel
Current Members:
Oldbarrel- Founder, Mapper, Eventer, Editer, Minor Spriting
Zusuriki- Fakemon Artist
Akuma-Tsubasa- Trainer sprites, minor fakemon sprites
Pkmn.Master- Mapping, Title/Battle graphics
Littlered- Mapping
Typhlosion04- Fakemon ideas/dex entries
Current Game title: Pokemon Time of Rebellion
Current progress made: Already have about 30 maps done, story is done, plot is pretty much done. Have almost all of the starter pokemon, waiting on the last one. Battle and title graphics are done. Hero sprites are done, and 6/8 gym leader sprites are done. Still lots of work to do though.
Position(s) needed: Pixel art (Tiles, Sprites, Overworlds, ect.), Mapping, Scripting (REALLY NEED), Composing
Timezone: Any will do. I find it easier when I can go to sleep and wake up to find some work done. Its good to have people in different timezones. That way things are always being worked on.
Preferred Method of contact: Private message on here, or we have our own chat for team members only.
Link to your active PC thread: http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=281083
Additional info: Need as much help as possible!

Rayd12smitty

Shadow Maker
Years
  • Seen Feb 21, 2016
Recruiting a Team Member
Team name: ProjectMelanite
Team Leader:Rayd12smitty
Current Members:Rayd12smitty, ThePancakeEskimo(Not a member of this site)
Current Game title:Pokemon Melanite Version
Current progress made:Story plot written, entire game and post game planned out, about 10 maps made, many graphics gathered, intro completed, Story playable through receiving starter, following pokemon added, many new public script features added
Position(s) needed:MAINLY NEEDED: Spriter: for over worlds and character sprites, NOT NEEDED, BUT WANTED: Scripter with at least moderate experience, no expert needed, just someone who knows how to edit scripts, and maybe make menu changes and such
Timezone:Any is fine. I am in Central
Preferred Method of contact:PM on PokeCommunity
Forum on PokeCommunity: http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=281150
A few screenshots and maps:

Rb1rk.png

Hometown: Lily Town

XoQXc.png

A map for the Post-Elite four I made when I was bored. It is an underwater city: Ruïn

HrR2Z.png

Picking a starter scene. The pokemon start in poke balls and pop out so you can see them

pI6fv.png

Following pokemon works! This is inside the first gym which is normal type, and led by none other than Joey and his amazing Rattata

Rai Rai

Master of everything!
Years
  • Seen Aug 29, 2012
Recruiting a Team Member
Team name: LostSoulsDev
Team Leader: Me(Rai Rai)
Current Members: N/a
Current Game title: More of a project. Pokemon SoulSilver/HeartGold XP Version.
Current progress made:
Not much.
Tiles: 5%
Scripts: 8%
Maps: 3%
Graphics: 11%
Position(s) needed: I am in dire need of people who are willing to either sprite or rip outdoor and indoor tiles to help move this progress on a bit faster. I'm also in need of that person to be able to sprite a few outdoor/indoor custom tiles in HG/SS Style.
Timezone: GMT+0
Preferred Method of contact: On here or through Deviant Art.
Link to your active PC thread OR At least 4 screenshots (One of these are required. Posts without these will be deleted)
Screenshots of current progress:
Spoiler:

Additional info: I am willing to trade codes that I am able to do if you require anything in return. If you are in need of any detailed information feel free to contact me.

Yume Tsuki

(/ ゚ヮ゚)/彡 ┻━┻
Years
Recruiting a Team Member
Team name: Pokemon Universe Team
Team Leader: Mr. Dark and Urmel
Current Members: Mr_Dark, Urmel, Froslass_Maniac, Bryan, Zatir, Luqman, Kamaran, PartyPrash, Hiteryan, Declan_23, Spirit, Cortex J., Gammal, Lv5Pidgey, Raikt, Shadowfred, Ponge, Roloc.
Current Game title: Pokemon Universe
Current progress made: We're very close to releasing the first public beta. All the stuff that still needs to be done can be found here: http://www.pokemon-universe.com/index.php/topic,4437.0.html
Position(s) needed: Pixelartists
Timezone: GMT+1 (Not really nessecary)
Preferred Method of contact: Add your job assignment here with some of your current work. Our Lead-Developer will contact you.
http://www.pokemon-universe.com/index.php/board,6.0.html
Link to your active PC thread OR At least 4 screenshots
Battle Layout:
Spoiler:

Overworld example:
Spoiler:

Chat and Quest Markers
Spoiler:

Additional info: There is no real deadline to anything, this MMORPG is solely made for the fun of making a Pokemon MMORPG. We do not need pixelart battle sprites. The sprites we will use for battling are vector art. What we need are pixelartists who like to create Tilesets, or like to design clothes and hairstyles for the overworld sprites as this game will have a system in which you can choose Clothes for your Trainer's appearance.

Last edited:

nuzamaki90

Knight of The Volt
Years
Recruiting a Team Member
Team name: Team Knights
Team Leader: Nuzamaki90
Current Members: Just me at the moment
Current Game title: Pokemon True Gale
Current progress made: Close to releasing the first beta, finished the first few maps and scripts so the game goes all the way from the starting town to the first Gym.
Position(s) needed: Region Editor (help with maps), Composers (Music), Scripters (I'm good but seriously not that good), Programmer (help with game mechanics like battle system, moves, ect.)
Timezone: GMT+/-7:00 (I work on this day and night so time doesn't matter)
Preferred Method of contact: on youtube (RasenBurst90), facebook, here lol, chatzy
Additional info: Really want to complete this game and want people to enjoy it. Also, if you have a project you're working on, I can help with that as well.

Screenies
Spoiler:

I-Like-Shiny-Pichu

ClariS <3
Years
Recruiting a Team Member
Team name: BlueYami
Team Leader: Sukiyami (Me), Varion BlueFire (Nintendork15)
Current Members: Sukiyami, Varion BlueFire, Catman
Current Game title: A couple projects, but the only one we are showing currently is Pokémon Eon Version
Current progress made: Check project thread for this, url will be below
Position(s) needed: Spriter, Tiler, Scripter (RMXP preferred, but any others would be much appreciated as well)
Timezone: GMT (England)
Preferred Method of contact: MSN
Link to your active PC thread: http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=286332
Additional info: We only require one of each of the positions listed above (I think we'd prefer one person for each position). PM me or Nintendork15 if you would like to apply, and we will take a look at your sprites/tiles/some demonstration of your scripting ability. Timezone is GMT, but we are online most of the night + day.

Conan Edogawa

One Truth Prevails
Years
Recruiting a Team Member
Team name: No Name
Team Leader: Me
Current Members: Myself, blackevil165, ClearFog
Current Game title: Pokemon Slate
Current progress made: Revamping in process
Position(s) needed: Any help is nice, Spriters desperately needed
Timezone: Any's fine, I'm in EST
Preferred Method of contact: PM
Link
Additional info: I'm currently in the process of revamping all the graphics, so I need some help. Any help would be awesome; Pokemon, Trainers, Tiles, GUI's, it's all needed. PM me if you're interested and I can show you the style.

Years
  • Seen Jan 27, 2013

pokenation_logo.png

Recruiting a Team Member​

Team name: (No Name)
Current Members:
Founder/Engine Programmer: Xavier
Engine Programmer: Polish Civil
Founder/Content Developer: Mika
Mapper: Professor Oak
Current Game title: PokeNation MORPG - http://pokenation.org
Current progress made: The game engine is being programmed and we are not that far from finishing it, so content developers will be needed very soon. - http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=274911
Position(s) needed: Content Developers, content developers can write the story line, quests, populate the map areas, etc. If you need more details pm me :)
Timezone: Doesn't matter, I'm at GTM+0.

Years
Team name: No Name
Current Members: Ultimate Dillon, Myself, Niknaks, Kirby9412
Current Game title: Pokemon Opal Version
Current progress made: Mapping has begun as has creation of fakemon
Position(s) needed: Artist and Spriter
Timezone: Mine is Western Australia
Link to your active PC thread: http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=279366
Additional info: The game is primarily based on Australia so some research may be required.

Years
  • Seen Jul 2, 2014
Team name: Team Prototype
Team Leader: Mateshard005
Current Members: None
Current Game title: Pokemon Unlimited
Current progress made: Just Started

Position(s) needed: I need someone to get there hands on or make them themselves OW sprites in the form of HGSS. You would create or put together Overworld Characters, Animations and Tilesets. They must be in RPG XP format.

Timezone:
UTC/GMT +10 hours (Australia)
Preferred Method of contact: Email or Private Message. Email is: <Email>

capture005.png

capture010.png

capture007.png

capture009.png

Additional info:
This is what my game used to look like, its just that the screenshots of the current version are unavailable. When you contact me, I will get some screenshots of the game. You will have to email me whenever something is completed, as I have a work Journal I am filling out to keep track of the teams actions.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back