• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Help Thread: Patching & Emulation

Pekin

Wigglytuff is and has always been on acid.
Years
Righto, quick question here - Is it possible to trade between two games on no$gba? (On the same computer, of course) - I would love having a Porygon-Z on my team during my Normal-type mono.

Trap-Eds

Dig a hole, dig a hole........
Years
I just downloaded Pokemon Silver on my VBA emulator. I also have Pokemon Emerald on VBA and since I've had trouble with the save file on that-it's fixed now, thank god-I was just wondering if I save my game on Silver, will that affect my Emerald save file in any way? 'Cause if my Emerald gets deleted AGAIN-I think I'm gonna lose my mind.

Ashachu

The evolved form of Ash!
Years
Im using VBA, and i cant get Pokemon Emerald to start, it turns just to a white screen, not anything else.
I've tried the thingy with flash 128k and 64k, automatic... Doesnt work...

Whats wrong?

Dashi_sato

New ROMhacker
Years
Hey i reaaally need someones help.
I want to play pokemon romhacks on my gba. What is the basic flash cart and writer/linker thing i need to buy? Someone please give me a link.
you can pm me
thanks

Xine

I LIEK U
Years
umm.....does anybody know if there's a way to trade between ROMs ?

i use Desmume and i know the wi-fi connection are disabled.... DX

DJCherryTempo

The Reserved Observer
Years
Is there a version of the VBA emulator that can actually speed up the GBA Pokemon games? I always get a supersonic speed from Red, Blue, Yellow, and the rest of the GBC ones, but its superslow for the GBA ones...

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
i'd like to know whether there is a way to trade between two .gbc or two .gba roms with vba? I heard that there's a tool for that, but I'm not THAT sure...^^
It's called VBA Link if you mean that.

175.gif

Last edited by a moderator:

NiKaNoRoU

we are but particles
Years
i'd like to know whether there is a way to trade between two .gbc or two .gba roms with vba? I heard that there's a tool for that, but I'm not THAT sure...^^
From the Emulation FAQ:
Q. Is linking between emulators possible?
A. Well just recently, there's been a breakthrough (for Windows users) and now you will be able to trade between two open emulators on your computer.
You can get VBALink here.
Steps:
1. Open however many windows as you want players (two for Pokemon trading), maximum four.
2. Load the ROMs in the emulator windows you wish to load up.
3. Import save files you wish to load into those windows.
4. Select Options: Emulator and uncheck "Pause when inactive window".
5. Edit the default joystick for each emulator window and edit the controls so that each default joypad is different. Otherwise you'd find yourself controlling all four windows with the same controls.
6. Start doing your linkages. Try to avoid clicking any menus, windows or anything else that pauses the emulation or lags it that it almost halts. This will interfere with any connections established with other windows and the link will terminate.

Depending on how fast your computer is, the speed of each VisualBoyAdvance window may be somewhat slow if your computer is slow. This shouldn't affect the links, however, but you might find a bit of lag.

ElBurrito

[COLOR=#0543a8][FONT="Press Start 2P"]I'm not just
Years
Does anyone know how to get advanced text to work for emerald? when i open advanced text and load emerald theres no text to edit. Is there a missing file i need?

DJCherryTempo

The Reserved Observer
Years
Ive had to redownload it several times, and there really isnt a speed up function for GBA ROMs. GBC ROMs already start out at sonic speeds, but GBAs dont....

Back