• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen B2W2 Travel Journal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shubshub

Master of The Y
Years
4th January 2013 Travel Log #1
Spoiler:

5th January 2013 Travel Log #1
---------------------
Spoiler:

Years
Since my last post, I changed my team a bit, and I'm currently doing nothing but level grinding for my Sigilyph, who is falling behind the rest of my team. Also training the Litwick I hatched from an egg that I traded from Black.

Also caught myself a Frillish in Virbank City to add to the Pokedex.

My team is:

503.gif

Samurott ♂ Lv38
Hasty nature
Torrent
Somewhat stubborn
- Surf
- Revenge
- Water Pulse
- Razor Shell

448.gif

Lucario ♂ Lv33
Jolly nature
Steadfast
Quick to flee
- Force Palm
- Quick Attack
- Screech
- Bone Rush

607.gif

Litwick ♀ Lv31
Hasty nature
Flash Fire
Somewhat of a clown
- Flame Burst
- Shadow Ball
- Hex
- Toxic

530.gif

Excadrill ♀ Lv31
Naive nature
Sand Rush
Capable of taking hits
- Dig
- Rock Slide
- Hone Claws
- Metal Claw

561.gif

Sigilyph ♀ Lv26
Sassy nature
Magic Guard
Somewhat vain
- Psybeam
- Air Cutter
- Tailwind
- Fly

407f.gif

Roserade ♀ Lv30
Timid nature
Natural Cure
Impetuos and silly
- Giga Drain
- Leech Seed
- Magical Leaf
- Venoshock

Last edited:

Shubshub

Master of The Y
Years
6th January 2013 Travel Log #1
----------------------
Spoiler:

Woah haven't made a Post in a Few Days Been at My Friends House

But Anyway here goes

9th January 2013 Travel Log #1
----------------------
Spoiler:

OffRoadSP

Still working on Sun & Moon...
Years
January 4, 2013

Dream World 2: Swablu, gained a level. Found: Gurdurr that knows Mach Punch.

On Join Avenue, Alex's Ring became Alex Colosseum! I took Grimer there for some more attack training. Also, Leah's Kitchen became Bistro Leah, so I stopped there with Grimer after its workout for one of Leah's increasingly popular Power Lunches.

After that, I did some training. Between Nimbasa City and Castelia City, there are so many trainers to battle with and work out my Pokémon. After that, it was time to rest my Pokémon at the Pokémon Center, and time for me to go to work for 2nd shift.

Medal Rally: Rookie Rank 69/94
New Medals: Battle Repeater

January 5, 2013

Dream World: Serperior. Found: Castform that knows Water Pulse; Nincada that knows Endure. This leaves only one more Pokémon to find in the Pleasant Forest!

January 6, 2013

Dream World 2: Bronzor. Found: Boldore that knows Curse.

I spent some time on Join Avenue, which is now Rank 21. I also earned a medal for all the souvenirs I received from the visitors that come there!

Medal Rally: Rookie Rank 70/95
New Medals: Good Souvenir Getter

January 7, 2013

Dream World: Emboar. Found: Wurmple that knows Snore; female Onix with the ability Weak Armor.

January 8, 2013

I finished training the last of the current rotation of my Pokémon. Now it was time to decide who was coming with me to challenge Elesa at the Nimbasa City Gym. The old gym was now simply a roller coaster where several trainers gathered to battle as the rode the coaster. The gym itself apparently moved to where Elesa does her fashion shows. When I went in the other day, I saw a challenger battling her on the catwalk. He lost. I decided that I need to bring in some ground-type support. Grimer should do just fine, because as well as knowing Dig, it also knows Rock Tomb to handle Elesa's Emolga, if she still uses it. I do have Sandshrew and Trapinch from the Desert Resort, or Onix from the Relic Passage. Although throwing something different in the mix might be nice too. Hm. I ultimately decided on Sandshrew, Umbreon, and Grimer.

I went out to Route 16 to do some training, and after a trainer battle, my Sandshrew evolved into Sandslash!

"Sandslash, the Mouse Pokémon, and the evolved form of Sandshrew. Sandslash curl up, then roll into foes with their spikes. These spikes are made up of hardened hide and can inflict severe damage."

194. Sandslash
Spr_5b_028.png

Dream World 2: Swinub, gained a level. Found: Vanillish that knows Ice Shard.

January 9, 2013

Dream World: Samurott. Found: nothing new; Seel that knows Sleep Talk.

Years
  • Seen Oct 2, 2020
Played a bit more B2. I've somehow ended up with a (temporary) team of all neutral natures.

My Snivy is Hardy. It was just what I ended up with, and I had planned on resetting if I wasn't satisfied, but I don't mind neutral for a starter, and it's female, which is always a good thing in a starter and it seems to have at least above average stats, so it's fine. Then the first thing that I ran into that I had any interest in catching was a Purrloin, and the first one I caught was Quirky. There's no reason to keep a neutral nature with a Purrloin - Adamant or maybe Jolly would be the way to go. But it's a Purrloin - it's not going to stay on my team all that long anyway, and honestly, "quirky" is fine as a description of a Purrloin, so I just went with it. Next I caught a Mareep, and it was Bashful. I immediately liked the idea of a "bashful" Mareep, and the more I thought about it, neutral would be okay. I had been hoping for Modest, but it does learn some interesting physical moves so... yeah, sure. Then next was a Riolu and.... it was Hardy. That was really the point at which I decided it was weird. Riolu learns mostly physical moves, so I was hoping for Adamant, but it does learn some nice special moves too, and "hardy" seems a good description for what I want a Lucario to be, and if nothing else, I can always come back and search out another one that's Adamant, if I decide that's what I really want, so... okay. So I've now got a current team of four, all of which have neutral natures.

I'm probably going to catch an Azurill too, just because it's been so long since I've seen a water type that's not named Samurott or Swanna, and I haven't used one since the physical/special split and I'm looking forward to seeing what a Huge Power Azumarill Aqua Tail can do. I'm hoping for Adamant, just for that much more Atk, but at this point, I'm expecting something neutral, which I guess would actually be okay...

OffRoadSP

Years
January 10, 2013

Shortly after midnight, I went to the new gym to challenge Elesa!

Nimbasa Gym Challenge 2
Vs. Elesa

I walked across the catwalk as the music played and the crowd cheered. I have to admit I love what a lot of the gym leaders have done with their gyms since my last set of visits. Finally, I took my position on the battlefield, which, much like the Virbank Gym, was basically a stage for this gym's fashion shows.

"Well, Steve, you seem to have the same sparkle about you," Elesa said. "I can't wait to see whose star shines brightest!"

"I think you'll be impressed with the new tricks I have up my sleeve," I responded.

"Well, last time your Blitzle evolved into a stunning Zebstrika." Elesa has a good memory. "Let's see what happens this time! Emolga, the spotlight's on you!"

"Emolga, I remember that well." I pulled out my Great Ball. "I was ready for that. Grimer, maximize!"
My shiny Pokémon took the field.

"Talk about sparkle!" Elesa exclaimed. "For a poison-type, your Pokémon is shining so brightly from being raised so well!"

"Thanks, Elesa!" I then saw the judge give the signal to begin.

"This three-on-three official gym battle will be over when all three of either side's Pokémon are unable to battle. Only the challenger may substitute Pokémon. Begin!"

"Grimer, use Rock Tomb!" I called my attack first, but Emolga was faster.

"Emolga, dazzle them with Volt Switch!" Emolga hit Grimer with the electric attack, and then disappeared only to have Flaaffy take its place. Flaaffy got hit with the Rock Tomb, and lost a little speed from being trapped in the rocks.

"Oh yeah, Volt Switch. I forgot about that," I said. "And I see you have a Flaaffy now. Ok. Then let's try something else. Grimer, use Sludge Bomb!"

Flaaffy tried to dodge, but got hit with the poison attack.

"We'll just have to slow you down too," Elesa said. "Flaaffy, use Thunder Wave!"

"Grimer, dodge it!" But it was too late. Grimer was paralyzed from the Thunder Wave attack.

"Now, Volt Switch!" While Grimer was recovering, it got hit by another attack, and now it was Emolga on the field again in Flaaffy's place.

"Man, your Flaaffy knows that move too?" This is going to get hard to predict. "Grimer, Sludge Bomb again!"

"Nice try, but we're just going to keep your head spinning with another Volt Switch!" Our opponents switched places yet again! Good thing I focused so much on Grimer's special defense and endurance, because so far it's taken quite a few attacks and, though weakened, still has some strength left. Meanwhile, Elesa used the opportunity to give a Hyper Potion to her Flaaffy after being hit by another Sludge Bomb.

"Grimer, Rock Tomb, let's go!" Hopefully slowing it down will help, but the stat drop is erased once it gets switched out.

"Using the same old trick won't help you," advised the gym leader. "Flaaffy, free yourself with Volt Switch!"

"That's just what I was counting on!" I called excitedly. "Grimer, Rock Tomb, quick!"

Grimer launched the rock-type attack just as Emolga took the field, and it was super-effective, and enough to knock it out!

"Emolga is unable to battle," said the judge, "Grimer wins!"

"Great job, buddy!" I congratulated my Pokémon.

"Griiiii-mer!" yelled my Pokémon victoriously.

"Emolga, return, you shined like a true star out there." Elesa switched it out for the last time. "Now, Flaaffy, the spotlight's back on you!"

"Grimer, take a rest, you earned it." Since it was paralyzed and down to very little health, I figured it was done for the day. I tossed out my Dusk Ball. "Umbreon, maximize!"

Umbreon looked ready to go. "Use Screech!"

"Flaaffy, dodge and use Thunder Wave!" Elesa's Pokémon dodged the attack, and paralyzed Umbreon! But…

"Right where I want you!" I smirked.

"Flaaffy, what's wrong?" Flaaffy was paralyzed as well!

"Courtesy of my Umbreon's ability, Synchronize!" I explained. "Now, Umbreon, Faint Attack!"

There was no dodge the attack, as it never misses, and it did massive damage to Flaaffy!

"Flaaffy, quick, Volt Switch!" Volt Switch hit for a little damage, then it swapped places with Elesa's final Pokémon.

"Uh oh. Zebstrika!" I kind of figured that was coming. "Umbreon, return!"

"Zebstrika, Pursuit, hurry!"

The dark-type attack hit as Umbreon switched, but didn't hurt too much. Still, I wasn't expecting that.

"Sandslash, maximize!" That should stop her Volt Switch finally. "Use Magnitude!"

"Zebstrika, dodge and use Quick Attack!" Unfortunately, the Magnitude 4 did very little damage, but fortunately, so did our opponent's Quick Attack.

"Come on Sandslash, another Magnitude!" Once again, Magnitude 4. How can I be so unlucky? Oh, and to top it off, Zebstrika's Quick Attack this time was a critical hit. Man. No luck!

"You can do this, Sandslash!" I tried to cheer it on, as it took a third Quick Attack from Zebstrika. "Use Magnitude… and let's make this a good one!"

This time it was Magnitude 8! And enough to knock out Zebstrika!

"Zebstrika is unable to battle," the judge called. "Sandslash is the winner!"

"Zebstrika return," Elesa called it back. "Your shine is as brilliant as ever, but we lost."

"Ready to do this?" I asked. "No more Volt Switch-ing. Time to go head to head!"

"I've got to overcome this situation! Come on, Flaaffy! Let's not let our fans down!"

"Umbreon, you're up again!" Both Pokémon took the field again, and both were still paralyzed. Flaaffy looked in rough shape, so…

"Quick Attack, Umbreon, do it!" My Umbreon charged right into Flaaffy, and it collapsed!

"Flaaffy can no longer battle. The gym leader has no more Pokémon. The winner of this gym match is Steve!"

"Flaaffy, take a rest," Elesa said softly. "Their brilliance in battle knocked us out. Well…"

I looked up on the monitor, and saw the cameras focused on me. Elesa came over to address me.

"You've become an even more wonderful trainer than I expected. Your sweet fighting style swept me off my feet! Take this Bolt Badge!"

The crowd cheered as Elesa presented me my fourth Unova gym badge!

I took my Pokémon to the Pokémon Center, and then turned in for a few hours of sleep.

Starry Windy

Everything will be Daijoubu.
Years
I'm currently have my side-quest tasks, from raising Join Avenue rank, trading with Yancy, routing from Lacunosa Town to Undella Town, battling Cynthia the Sinnoh Champion, and collect more in-game Pokedollars by selling Pearls, Mulches and Berries.

My Team as of now:
Altaria and Infernape at Level 100
Zebstrika, Golduck, Sunkern and Audino are around level 67's.

EJ

everything is purple
Years
  • Age 31
  • FL
  • Seen Mar 19, 2022
Made it to Mistralton, training my Litwick and Seviper just north of the city. Anticipating the battle against Skyla.

Years
  • Seen Oct 2, 2020
And yes, actually, the first Azurill I caught was Bashful, continuing the creepy string of neutral nature pokemon in this playthrough. So I turned the game off, chanted a rite of exorcism over it, and tried again.

It took about 8 or 10 Azurills before I got a good one - Brave nature and decent stats (hard to tell when they're that low a level, but they're at least not notably bad). Then I hung around Floccesy Ranch for a while, getting the grass to shake and trying to scare up a Dunsparce (yeah, I know, but I like it anyway). But then.... I discovered the Habitat list on the Pokedex. I hadn't planned on "catching 'em all," since I already caught and trained and evolved pretty much everything in White. I was just going to catch the ones I thought I might actually use and the ones I just like, but the power of a new game feature compels me - I'm going to have to catch 'em all. So first I went back down to Route 20 and caught the ones I'd ignored the first time through - Patrat, Pidove and Sunkern - then I went back to Floccesy Ranch and caught a Psyduck, then went back to hunting for a Dunsparce. Spent I-don't-know-how-long running back and forth, then checking out a bit of shaking grass only to find yet another Audino (though Azurill and Riolu both evolved along the way, so that's something), and finally got lucky and not only found one, but found one with Serene Grace and Lonely nature. Then it was down the hill to the dark grass on Route 20 to catch a Venipede. And the first one I came up with was Adamant, so that was great. Fought the trainers along the way and went on to Virbank City.

It's probably noteworthy that GF actually put a Poison gym in the game, but they made sure that you couldn't even have a Ground or a Psychic before you got there. They even rearranged Lucario's moves so that it doesn't learn Bone Rush until level 29. That just illustrates, to me, how much of a disadvantage poison types have - in order to make a poison gym viable, they had to make sure that you have nothing SE against poisons.

Went through town and talked and collected stuff, then went down to the Complex and started filling in the Pokedex. Caught a Magby, didn't even look at it and boxed it. Caught a Koffing, didn't even look at it and boxed it. Then I settled in to catch a Growlithe and a Magnemite. It took a few hours of catching and resetting, but I finally came up with a Modest Magnemite and a really nice Serious Growlithe. Then fought the rest of the trainers and collected the rest of the items, and now I'm grinding the team before going into Roxie's gym. Currently - Growlithe, Magnemite, Lucario, Marill, Venipede and Mareep. Snivy's sitting this one out - Grass in a Poison gym just isn't going to hack it.

Edit for another:

Blew through Roxie's gym. It was honestly sort of disappointing, and I'd even already lowered my expectations. It was okay, I guess, but the music wasn't that impressive (and really should've been, what with the theme of the gym and all) and there was no pattern or puzzle to it. Then went out and talked and it was off to Pokestar Studios. That was... okay. It's a bit tedious, so I only did the first set (the alien movies, 1 through 4), then I got tired of mashing A trying to speed things up and left. Went down to the dock and caught the ship to Castelia.

Ran around town, found all the harlequins, fought through the Battle Company (fewer trainers than in BW - sort of a shame), went out to Liberty Garden, poked around, came back, then down into the Sewers.

The double battles with Cheryl in Eterna Forest in DPPt were probably the best and most convenient grinding opportunity in any of the games, at least until Audino. I hoped that the same would be true with Hugh in the Sewers, but somehow it wasn't. Probably mostly because all it is is Zubats, Rattatas and Grimers, and there just aren't enough experience points to be had from them. I wandered around for a while and ground Servine up to 20 and Growlithe and Marill up to 18 (and Marill evolved to Azumarill), but that was about all I could take, so we fought the grunts and Hugh left. Then I went back down on my own and poked around some more in the Sewers and in Relic Passage. Nice to get Lefties this early in the game. Caught everything in the Sewers - Grimer and Rattata just went straight into the box and will certainly never come out, but I spent a long time finding a nice Jolly Zubat. Crobat is one of my all-time favorites. Caught some Woobat or another in Relic Passage - straight into the box - and am currently wandering around there, hoping to run into a Drilbur and wondering what the other thing is that's down there, since the Habitat list is still incomplete.

Team at the moment - Servine, Lucario, Magnemite, Azumarill, Growlithe, Zubat.

Last edited:
Years
Since my last entry, I went through Route 7, Celestial Tower, Lentimas Town, Strange House and Reversal Mountain. I even changed up my movesets a bit and picked up a Dusk Stone to evolve my Lampent into Chandelure.

I also caught two new Pokemon on the way - a Skorupi and Elgyem.

Currently on Route 14, training against wild Audino. Also might think of switching my movesets again for the Opelucid Gym.

My team is:

503.gif

Samurott ♂ Lv43
Hasty nature
Torrent
Somewhat stubborn
- Surf
- Revenge
- Strength
- Razor Shell

448.gif

Lucario ♂ Lv40
Jolly nature
Steadfast
Quick to flee
- Force Palm
- ThunderPunch
- Swords Dance
- Bone Rush

609.gif

Chandelure ♀ Lv43
Hasty nature
Flash Fire
Somewhat of a clown
- Flame Burst
- Shadow Ball
- Energy Ball
- Will-O-Wisp

530.gif

Excadrill ♀ Lv41
Naive nature
Sand Rush
Capable of taking hits
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- Hone Claws
- Metal Claw

561.gif

Sigilyph ♀ Lv38
Sassy nature
Magic Guard
Somewhat vain
- Psybeam
- Air Cutter
- Reflect
- Fly

407f.gif

Roserade ♀ Lv38
Timid nature
Natural Cure
Impetuos and silly
- Giga Drain
- Leech Seed
- Energy Ball
- Venoshock

Starry Windy

Everything will be Daijoubu.
Years
Going to my usual route as usual, I dueled with Cynthia again. She's tough as usual, that she managed to take my Altaria down this time (good thing I have tons of Max Revives, used it once). And I saw Wailord in Marine Tube after about two months. And I've making a parade in HeartLand (my Join Avenue) to celebrate its title as "Terrific Avenue" because it hits Rank 50. Currently resting in Icirrus City, have decided to evolve my Sunkern to become Sunflora.

My teams as of now:
334.gif

Bluheart ♀ Level 100
- Sky Attack
- Dragon Pulse
- Fly
- Flamethrower

392.gif

Chimmy ♂ Level 100
- Flare Blitz
- Acrobatics
- Close Combat
- Flame Wheel

523.gif

Zebstrika ♂ Level 72
- Flame Charge
- Pursuit
- Discharge
- Wild Charge

055.gif

Gold-1 ♀ Level 71
- Aqua Tail
- Hydro Pump
- Confusion
- Water Pulse

192.gif

Shine ♂ Level 71
- Giga Drain
- SolarBeam
- Double-Edge
- Seed Bomb

531.gif

Soother ♂ Level 75
- Take Down
- Surf
- Double-Edge
- Secret Power

Last edited:

blue

gucci
Years
Just reached The Virbank Complex and I must say I love this little City!

My team is something like Sniny Lv. 15, Mareep Lv. 14 & Growlithe Lv. 13.

Years
  • Seen Oct 2, 2020
Wandered Relic Passage some more, then decided to get serious about catching a Drilbur, so I went back up and got some Repels and came back down to stir up some dust swirls. After a lot of catching, checking and resetting, I came up with a nice Adamant, then went back out to poke around the sewers a bit more, since I wasn't sure I'd been everywhere I could go. And discovered that the guy standing in front of the other stairway was gone. So I went up and found the garden and started hunting through the grass. Rattatas, Pidoves, Cottonees (caught one, didn't pay attention to it), and lo and behold, an Eevee. Nice. Oh, and a Buneary. Male though...

Ended up filling in the Habitat list, but it took a while. Got a really nice Impish Lopunny and a couple of Eevees (I'll have to breed for more, but that's fine). And a male Whimsicott, which means I can get a female Ferroseed and breed a Ferroseed with Leech Seed. And I Audino-ground pretty much everyone up to about level 20. Then it was time for Burgh's gym.

I had picked up somewhere along the way that his gym had a different design, but that was all I knew. I like the design, and there are a couple of amusing bits. Blew through the gym though - mostly Growlithe and Zubat (who evolved to Golbat after the last battle). Then went and stocked up on Fresh Waters and Casteliacones and set out for Route 4.

The new Route 4 is definitely an improvement on the old one. I'm not sure about the breeder just outside the tunnel though - I guess it's nice to have an easily accessible rematch whenever I want it, and Servine and Petilil (which I got in trade for the Cottonee I wasn't that hot on anyway) certainly like fighting a Drilbur and a Marill, but mostly it just meant that I forged on to Nimbasa about as quickly as possible, so that I wouldn't have to deal with her every time I needed to go to a city.

Join Avenue seems interesting. Have to see how that plays out.

Picked up everything and battled all the trainers, then set about catching stuff. Standard routine - save, catch, check, reset-if-necessary, repeat. Took the first Trubbish I got, just because it's only pokedex filler. I got a Jolly Darumaka on about the third one, but it took forever to find an Adamant, Shed Skin Scraggy. Finally found one though, and a nice one at that, then went back into Nimbasa for a while. Fought the Subway bosses with Rosa (kind of cool to see the other trainer in the game - I prefer when that happens) and talked to everyone and such, and saved there. Next up is... maybe the stadiums, or the amusement park, or back out and around to Desert Resort. I'm thinking Desert Resort....

QuickSilveri

Veteran
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Feb 17, 2017
Finally completed the EV training of my last two Eeveelutions to lvl100. Took easily a week to get it as close to perfect as possible. (242-248 id guess) Brought my lvl100 count up to 151. Now on to the next poke.

Regards, Chris

Years
  • Seen Oct 2, 2020
Went out to Desert Resort and fought the trainers and turned circles for a while. Caught some pokedex fodder and a really nice Modest Sigilyph and a really nice Adamant Trapinch, and filled in that habitat list. Then went back into town and picked the team for Elesa's gym and took them into the stadiums, for the extra bit of experience. Then on to the amusement park.

It was sort of odd to go through both gyms. I guess GF didn't want to waste the old one just because there's a new one? And how did Clyde get between the two of them faster than I did? Or are there actually two Clydes? Or, I guess eight... umm... nine?

Anyway, the team at that point was pretty much Trapinch and the others who didn't do much. I used Sandile a bit, just because, but between Bulldoze and Rock Slide, Trapinch really didn't need the help.

Elesa's new gym is really pretty cool. I liked it. Not a lot of challenge, but it was okay. Trapinch handled pretty much everything, with a bit of an assist from Sandile. Then it was on to.... okay, let's go out onto Route 16 for a bit.

Spent a LONG time on Route 16 and in Lostlorn Forest, and I'm still not done. I haven't even gone the rest of the way out Route 16. I just fought the first couple of trainers and went into the forest, and have been working on that habitat list since.

I was curious to see what else was there and was thrilled when a Roselia popped up - one of my all-time favorites. Caught a nice one - Bashful, IIRC, with Natural Cure (that's the important part). Caught a female Combee who's since evolved into a Vespiquen. Other evolutions along the way - my Golbat, from the Zubat I caught in the Sewers, evolved into a Crobat and my Swadloon, from the Sewaddle all the way back at the beginning, evolved into a Leavanny. I really don't get why people complain about happiness evolutions. Caught a really nice Serious Heracross too. Adamant would've been better, but standing toe-to-toe with a Heracross and doing all that wearing it down far enough to catch it without fainting it business is risky, so I'll settle for that. At this point, all I really need to catch is a Panpour. I don't have a Roserade or a Whirlipede, but I'll get those out of the Roselia and Venipede I already have, and I don't have an Emolga, but I'm not in a big hurry for that, since all I'm looking for is a female, so I can breed Air Slash onto a baby for the one I might actually use in the game. Once I get the Panpour, that habitat list is a gimme, then it'll be back out to Route 16 to settle in for what might be a fairly long plod to catch exactly the Gothita I want - near perfect special attack, good speed, nothing notably bad and Modest. And to see what else is on the Route 16 list.

Oh, and... after running past him a dozen or so times, I finally stopped and helped Hugh out with the Plasma grunts. Heracross showed them a thing or two and sent them on their way.

Treecko

the princess without voice
Years
Finally was able to get Black2 today. So now my journey on Black2 begins!!

I picked Rosa cause I think she looks better.
RosaChallenge2.png
(Spheal with it.)

Name:Erin
Starter Pokemon: Tepig​

So my journey started when my mom told me to go find a girl named Bianca cause she would give me a starter Pokemon. So I went out to find her. On my way, I found my good old friend Hugh who was with his sister. She seemed really excited when I told her I was getting my Pokemon today. Practically jumping for joy. Hugh was an anxious one , he wanted to get out of town to find new trainers to battle since he already had his starter with him. We searched through Aspertia City looking for Bianca. I couldn't find her anywhere only I figured it would be best to find her on the lookout. Hugh followed me and sure enough she was there. For an assistant for Professor Juniper, she sure was ditsy. But sure enough, she let me pick a starter. After some thinking I finally looked at Tepig and made him my partner. Soon after , Bianca handed me a Pokedex and told me to fill it out by catching as many Pokemon as I can. Just as Bianca was done speaking about the Pokedex, she also suggested that me and Hugh test our wits in a Pokemon battle. Hugh was very excited that he was finally able to show off the Oshawott he hatched from an egg. Wait?? AN EGG?? Wish I thought of that. But anyway, the battle was pretty easy. Hugh was surprised that his Oshawott lost. So being frustrated with his lost, he ran off to get stronger and train. After that awkwardness Bianca decided to give me a tour of the Pokemon Center. She showed me around telling me about the box, and Poke Mart. All of this I knew about. Good thing is that she gave me ten Pokeballs as a gift. Once we left the Pokemon Center, my mom and Hugh's sister showed up. She heard about the journey I was going on and wanted to give me a gift to help me. I received the Running Shoes! Now I can run and move faster. Hugh's sister gave me an exciting gleam in her eye as she handed me a Town Map. She seemed very happy that I had a Pokemon and wanted me to take good care of it. As soon as I was free, Bianca suggested I head down to Route 19 so she could show me how to catch a Pokemon. I looked around town for a bit before heading out. I looked at the map and noticed I had two. Wondering why I had two , Hugh's sister asked me to deliver one to her brother. Once I was ready, I went out to Route 19. Just as I went inside the gate to the route, the nice attendant there gave me a Potion. And soon I was at Route 19 where Bianca was waiting. After a little bit of talking, she will showed me how to catch a Pokemon. She demonstrated by catching a Purrloin with a Lilipup. Soon after she suggested I go forward to Flocessy Town and deliver that map.

Before arriving to Flocessy Town, I was stopped by the legendary man named Alder. Noticing my Tepig needed some good training he told me he'd help boost my Pokemon up. Alder gave me a confused look his face as if he saw ghost and then proceeded to ask why I had two maps. After explaining myself, he recalled seeing a boy with an Oshawott not to long ago head to Route 20. So I dashed off to Route 20 with out much thinking. In the route I found various Pokemon trainers who wanted to battle me. They were no match for my Tepig and he grew to level 8 and learned Ember!. Not knowing where Hugh would be, I looked all throughout the route. One hiker even stopped me in the middle of my search to tell me I couldn't go pass there till I got my first badge. Wow, r00d. I finally spotted Hugh near Flocessy Ranch. He wanted to see how much tougher I've gotten and we sparred off again and battled. I was a little worried we'd lose caus eI figured his Oshawott learned Water Gun by now. I didn't have any other Pokemon besides Tepig so I was afraid of losing, but luckily we won! Hugh was sad he lost and wanted to apologize to his partner. Just then a couple of people came by. They appeared to be the owners of the ranch and guess what they were. The owner and his wife was surprised by all the excitement going on at their ranch and our battled filled them with energy. Feeling young, his wife handed me and Hugh Potions. But they were soon saddened after that cause they said they lost one of their Herdier somewhere in the Ranch. This angered Hugh greatly as he was then determined to find it. He dragged me along reluctantly. I figured, sure why not, they're could be good Pokemon and trainers there.

Searching for Herdier, I did happened to run into a few trainers who I battled and won against. This leveled Tepig up to level 11 so I went searching for a second Pokemon to train. I was lucky to have found a Riolu, something that is very rare. I was lucky and caught it on the first try. Naming it Riley, I felt pretty content and returned to looking for the ranch owner's Herdier. As I trench further into the grove with Hugh trailing along, I heard a faint barking. I was certain that was Herdier and followed the sound of it's voice. While tracking down where Herdier's bark resonated from, I happened to see a man with weird clothing so seemed to have found the owner's old mutt.. He had orange hair and was kind of dressed like a ninja. I approached him dauntingly hoping he wasn't a threat. Upon approaching the ninja-dude, Herdier barked a loud cry. Hugh must of heard it cause he ran off to get it's owner leaving me to deal life the intimidating guy in black. Great going Hugh. This guy claimed to be a member of Team Plasma a group who is known to cause fear in the hearts of those who stand before it, then asking if I heard of it. I wasn't really familiar with them so I answered no and he proceeded to tell his story. They apparently took over Unova 2 years ago in to liberate Pokemon. I wasn't entirely pay attention and didn't really care. This frustrated him along with the fact he got lost chasing Herdier and me catching him trying to chase. In his anger, he tossed and item at me. Baffled as to why someone would do that, I picked up the Pokeball and in which inside was a TM number 21 or called Frustration. Then the Plasma Grunt ran out in "frustration". (good metaphor there Game Freak) Hugh came soon after with the owner of the ranch who thanked me for finding his Herdier. I then remember I had to go see Alder so after being thank by the owner and his wife, I dashed back to Flocessy Town.

I meet back up again with Alder at Flocessy Town. Judging my Pokemon , he noticed we've grown alot stronger and decided I didn't really need training . But instead we could assist him with somethings. I followed him into what looked like a training school. Inside was two young students; a girl and a boy. The girl believed that she would be helping me training but it turned out I was teaching her and the boy. I battled both of them as part of their training. The girl had a Pansage which was easy for Tepig's type advantage. Although the boy had Panpour, a Water type, or my type disadvantage, I still won. Soon after the battles Alder explained to me the type matchups I already knew , healed my Tepig and I was soon on my way out. Just the moment I was out a creepy man in a white coat and weird glasses was staring at me. he said "don't tell anyone" and gave me a discreet-looking box. Unsure he was a pedo or not I gave him a "okay?" look. Good thing he explained himself and said that it was a Metal Box used to collect Medals. Oh boy I heard of these. You get a medal for every little achievement you do. The guy gave me 15 medals that what was called Hint Medals and one called the First Step medal. He even said that he will give me more medals if I came to the Pokemon Center. I still don't trust him, but I went to the Pokemon Center anyway since I needed to buy some items. I bought what I needed and healed my Pokemon. As expected, the creepy glasses medal guy was there. I was scared crapless he would hurt me , but I managed to approach him. To my surprise, he just gave me more Hint Medals and a Medal called the Sweet Home Medal. I was feeling relieved and headed back to Aspertia City where I stopped at for now.

Long first entry though hopefully the rest are shorter.

Here's my team/party as of now
498.gif

lv 12
Moves
Tackle
Tail Whip
Ember
Odor Sleuth

540.gif

lv. 6
Tackle
String Shot

447.gif
(nicknamed: Riley)
lv. 8
Foresight
Quick Attack
Endure
Counter

Alot has happened in Black 2 since my last post. In fact I restarted my game. It just felt weird being the girl even though I've done it before. Beside's Nate's design is starting to grow on me.
Anyway, here's me now:
Nate_Xtransceiver.png

Name: Aaron
Nature: Hardy
Trainer Type: PKMN Ranger
Starter: Tepig
498.gif

Anyway, I pretty much have the same team as last time except a few changes. Caught up with where I pretty much last saved in the last game, plus I did some extra. The last gym I beat was Elesa and man, gotta tell you I love how her newly remodeled gym. I mean DAT MUSIC Going through it makes me feel very confident and full of energy. Best gym music ever. Anyway, I easily took her down with my Krokorok and his earthquake. No longer having two Emolga CONSTANTLY USING VOLT SWITCH made it easier to beat her. After that she gave me a Bolt Badge and Volt Switch. On my way out she asked me to walk with her down the catwalk. Walking down the catwalk with Elesa was actually pretty cool. I'm such a diva now. After that battle, me and Hugh faced up against Team Plasma. Soon after the battle Hugh explained to me his emotional story of how Team Plasma stole his sister's Purrloin 5 years ago. After the sad-story , I headed to route 5 where Bianca should me a cool place called the Hidden Grottos. I managed to fail to catch the Mincinno there cause I accidentally ran away. T__T After venturing through the Route and running into the Heartbreaker Charles , I finally made it to Driftveil City. Upon my arrival, I noticed an interesting scene. A Team Plasma member was trying to get a weird guy in a knight outfit to steal Pokemon with him. Turns out the knight dude was an Ex-Team Plasma member who has now changed for good. Just then Hugh shows up and beats the crap out the Team Plasma member taunting the Ex-Plasma. Also learned that Team Plasma split into two groups: ones who side with Ghetsis (we'll call them Neo-Team Plasma) to take over Unova and ones who side with N to save Pokemon. (Ex-Team Plasma) The Ex-Team Plasma invited me to their new home next to the Gym to hear their story. At their base , I was greeted by one of Ghetsis' former henchmen, Rood. He challenged me to a battle to test my skills. After winning the battle, Hugh came charging by looking for the Neo Plasma who ran off. Rood figured we were friends and invited both of us inside. Once inside , Rood made a proper introduction only to then be interrupted by Hugh. Think these guys were still part of Team Plasma, he was pretty frustrated at Rood and the ex-Team Plasma for stealing his sister's Purrloin. Rood explained to him that they are former Plasma and apologized for whoever stole Hugh's sister's Purrloin. Hugh didn't accept his apology and demanded Rood to tell him where his sister's Purrloin was at. Rood seemed unsure and told him that someone from Neo-Plasma probably still has her Purrloin. Still mad, he stormed off to the Gym. In return to listening , Rood gave me a Zorua that once was owned by N who apparently went off to a far away land.

I decided to level up N's Zorua a bit at the Small Court and Big Stadium in Nimbasa. Then after that I spent some quality time in Join Avenue. I've been doing way too much of Magenmite chaining so my Avenue is currently at Rank 6. After that we went back to Driftveil City. I wanted to grind a bit before battling Clay so I went ahead to Route 6 battled the first few trainers there. I also ran into Charles once again, taught me about Triple Battles. After my first triple battle, we did more grinding in Route 6. Along the way we got a call on the lost Xtransceiver from Yancy. She seemed curious about the type of Pokemon I liked. She thought it was neat that I liked cool Pokemon. I also happned to find the Hidden Grotto there where I caught a Foongus with a Regenerator ability at lv. 20. I also caught another Foongus at level 30 who thought they were wise by disguising their-self as a Pokeball. Clever guy. I am now at Driftveil City where I last saved and next time I play I will train a bit more and then battle Clay!

Current team:
499.gif

Pignite ♀ lv. 29
Naive nature
- Arm Thrust
- Rollout
- Strength
- Flame Charge

197.gif

Satchel ♂ lv. 29
Careful nature
- Assurance
- Covet
- Quick Attack
- Bite

180.gif

Cirno ♂ lv. 29
Naive nature
- Take Down
- Charge
- Confuse Ray
- ThunderPunch
184.gif

Miho ♀ lv. 30 (If you get the reference for the nickname, then you're awesome.)
Serious nature
- Aqua Tail
- Return
- BubbleBeam
- Double-Edge

448.gif

Riley ♂ lv. 28
Mild nature
- Rock Smash
- Force Palm
- Endure
- Counter

627.gif
(traded over an egg from White version)
Rufflet ♂ lv. 29
Careful nature
- Wing Attack
- Slash
- Sky Drop
- Aerial Ace

I've been switching between Azumarill and a my Krokorokand using Miho only when Surf is needed. (Though I may make Azumarill other a permanent member if Surf is needed more than I think. Or replace it with something like Jellicent. )
Here's Krokorok info
552.gif

Irwin ♂ lv. 31
Rash nature
- Dig
- Swagger
- Sand Tomb
- Rock Tomb

It all depends which I want on my team more and which is better. But for now, Azumarill is in my team mainly to help me beat Clay easier.

QuickSilveri

Veteran
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Feb 17, 2017
Hey all. A few major accomplishments on my part in the last few days!

I completed the Unova Pokedex with All the pokemon caught in my PC box! This is the 5th (maybe 6th?) time in the series I have been able to complete the "local" dex, and and now i am moving to complete the national dex for the fourth time. Wish me luck.

Also, I caught my first shiney! this is huge since I have been playing the game for so long without ever encountering one. Turns out that it grows fast and looks utterly badass when it evolves (needed to trade to do so, but my friend got some perks out of the deal). Since then I have raised the Accelgor to lvl100 and I is making some bigtime splashes in the online metagame. Add my FC below and hmu if you want to battle it firsthand.

Good Luck to all.

Regards, Chris

Years
Since the last entry, I managed to get my 7th badge. Defeated all of Drayden's Pokemon in one-hit KOs from Lucario's Ice Punch. I then took on the Plasma Frigate, and headed to Humilau City and battled Marlon (with Lucario and Roserade starring in the fight) and got my 8th badge. Next I took on Black Kyurem, defeating it in just two hits (with only Excadrill lol) then proceeded to take down both Ghetsis and eventually Colress before heading to Victory Road and the Pokemon League.

I do need to slap in some extra training before I take on the Elite Four.

My team is:

503.gif

Samurott ♂ Lv57
Hasty nature
Torrent
Somewhat stubborn
- Surf
- Revenge
- Strength
- Razor Shell

448.gif

Lucario ♂ Lv56
Jolly nature
Steadfast
Quick to flee
- Force Palm
- ThunderPunch
- Swords Dance
- Bone Rush

609.gif

Chandelure ♀ Lv56
Hasty nature
Flash Fire
Somewhat of a clown
- Flame Burst
- Shadow Ball
- Energy Ball
- Will-O-Wisp

530.gif

Excadrill ♀ Lv58
Naive nature
Sand Rush
Capable of taking hits
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- Hone Claws
- Metal Claw

561.gif

Sigilyph ♀ Lv57
Sassy nature
Magic Guard
Somewhat vain
- Psybeam
- Air Cutter
- Reflect
- Fly

407f.gif

Roserade ♀ Lv55
Timid nature
Natural Cure
Impetuos and silly
- Giga Drain
- Leech Seed
- Energy Ball
- Venoshock

OffRoadSP

Years
In the morning, I sent Umbreon and Sandslash back to Professor Juniper, and began a new rotation for some more training. The first group I took was Lucario, Magnemite, Grimer, and Skitty. Since I had gone west on my first journey, I figured I'd head east this time, so proceeded onto Route 16.

I made my way to the gate that leads to the Marvelous Bridge. Just as I was about to take the elevator to the bridge, Professor Juniper stepped off! She said she just got done studying a group of wild Swinub and Piloswine that made their habitat in a cold northern region of Unova called the Great Chasm. She also said that while she was there, she found a Pokémon egg in one of the caves! She asked me to take care of it, and I gratefully accepted it. She also told me about a new Pokémon tournament that was going to be help in the Unova Region called the Pokémon World Tournament. She said it's being held near Driftveil City. I decided I would turn around and head towards Driftveil City then, and check out what this tournament is all about.

Later that day, after work, I was out training on Route 16, when the Pokémon egg Professor Juniper gave me earlier started to hatch. It was a Cleffa! It seems to make sense, as the Pokédex says that Clefairy make their habitat near the Great Chasm.

195. Cleffa
Spr_5b_173.png

Dream World 2: Slakoth, gained a level. Found: female Scraggy with the ability Intimidate.

January 11, 2013

Dream World: Watchog. Found: Aipom that knows Fire Punch; Anorith that knows Cross Poison.

January 12, 2013

I'm heading out to Hawaii for work again this week. I prepared for the long flight, and took my Poké Balls with me. While at a layover in one of the airports, my Cleffa evolved into Clefairy!

196. Clefairy
Spr_5b_035.png

January 13, 2013

I did some training with my team around the hotel in sunny Honolulu. They've all become fairly strong. And my Magnemite evolved into Magneton! I then took all my Pokémon to the local Pokémon Center for a check-up, and then sent them back to Professor Juniper's lab.

"Magneton, the Magnet Pokémon, and the evolved form of Magnemite. Magneton mysteriously appear when more sunspots dot the sun. The stronger electromagnetic waves from the three linked Magnemite are enough to dry out surrounding moisture and can stop TV sets from displaying properly."

197. Magneton
Spr_5b_082.png

Dream World 2: Jigglypuff, gained a level. Found: Sawk that can use Thunderpunch.

I decided to take a walk around Waikiki with Grimer, and also had four other Pokémon sent to me: Magby, Elekid, Swinub, and Glaceon. I also realized I haven't used the Dream Radar in quite a while, and who knows what kind of Pokémon might be in the Interdream Zone in Hawaii! So I fired up the machine and looked around. In addition to the usual things I found, I also found some quickly moving spheres of light. Each one turned out to be a Staryu, and I found 5 of them! When I got back to the hotel, I uploaded the data from the Dream Radar to Professor Burnett, and asked her to send me one of the Staryu. So I received the Dream Ball for the sixth member of my current Pokémon team!

"Staryu, the Starshape Pokémon. Staryu can regenerate their bodies instantly, as long as their red core remains, even if their bodies are torn apart. These cores flash at midnight."

198. Staryu
Spr_5b_120.png

I continued walking the streets with my Pokémon, and found a cruise ship docked nearby that was very much like the Royal Unova. I found and battled all seven trainers with primarily my Elekid and Magby, and as a reward, I received a Rare Candy.

Here's an update on Green Grimer Avenue, since I try to refer people to the various shops every day and some shops have made some significant upgrades, such as Ben's Emporium attaining maximum rank! Also, I had some great luck at Alexa Museum, because one of the Chunks I bought from her ended up being a Big Nugget!

The Green Grimer Avenue
Shops:
1. Happy * Janus (Raffle Shop Rank 9)
2. Ben's Emporium (Market Rank 10)
3. Alex Colosseum (Dojo Rank 8)
4. Bistro Leah (Café Rank 8)
5. Alexa Museum (Antique Shop Rank 8)
6. Angi's Garden (Flower Shop Rank 8)
7. Gallery Norman (Antique Shop Rank 4)

January 14, 2013

Dream World: Watchog. Found: Kecleon that knows Reflect Type; female Zangoose with the ability Toxic Boost.

January 15, 2013

Dream World 2: Professor Juniper and Fennel were exploring Route 18 not far from Nuvema Town, and they said that they had discovered a group of Tropius making their habitat there. Musharna had used Dream Mist on some of them, so they were wandering the Windswept Sky in the Dream World. So when I entered the Dream World with Sunkern, we had found them there. One had struck me as interesting as it knew the move Silver Wind. Between that bug-type move and its normal grass and flying-type moves, it might be a good addition to the team. And, it would come in handy for using Fly, just like I did back in the days of Hoenn. When I awoke, Fennel said that Sunkern had gained a level, and the one Tropius we befriended went to the Entralink Forest. Also, the Tropius on Route 18 had awoken as well.

January 16, 2013

Dream World: Simisage. Found: Relicanth that can use Earth Power! That leaves only two more Pokémon in the Sparkling Sea to find. We also found a Luvdisc that can use Mud Sport.

January 17, 2013

Dream World 2: Flaaffy, gained a level. Found: Elgyem that knows Barrier.

January 18, 2013

Dream World: Simisear. Found: nothing new; Tyrogue that can use Feint.

January 19, 2013

I'm on my way back home from Hawaii once again. On the way during my layover in San Francisco, I rotated my Pokémon at the Pokémon Center terminal in the airport. I had Jolteon, Slakoth, Koffing, and Vaporeon sent over to me. While I was traveling, my Slakoth evolved into a Vigoroth!

"Vigoroth, the Wild Monkey Pokémon, and the evolved form of Slakoth. Vigoroth have fast heartbeats that are tenfold that of people. Because of this, their blood is so agitated that they can't sit still for even a moment."

199. Vigoroth
Spr_5b_288.png

Then, once I was back at the Pokémon Center in Nimbasa City, I received a medal towards the medal rally thanks to all the gifts I've received on Green Grimer Avenue.

Medal Rally: Rookie Rank 72/97
New Medals:
Great Souvenir Getter

Dream World 2: Psyduck, gained a level. Found: Alomomola that knows Mirror Coat.

January 20, 2013

Dream World: Simipour. Found: nothing new; Relicanth that knows Sleep Talk. (Ironic, that Relicanth eludes me for the last year and a half, and then I catch both with each of the special moves within a few days of each other!)

Professor Burnett contacted me and said that she had detected an anomaly in the Interdream Zone. Apparently, something had followed me back from Hawaii. She said based on her studies of the Therian Formes of Tornadus and Thunderus that it may very well be Landorus! I had amassed enough Dream Orbs over the last few months that she was able to fully upgrade and power up the Dream Radar. So that left only one thing to do… to find Landorus!

It did not take long to locate it after turning on the DRS (Dream Radar System, as Fennel has dubbed it). The newly upgraded beam was a huge help in weakening the elusive creature. But in the end, I was able to capture it, and now Burnet has all three Therian Forme legendary Pokémon!

"Landorus, the Abundance Pokémon. From the forces of lightning and wind, Landorus creates energy to give nutrients to the soil and make the land abundant. Lands visited by this legendary Pokémon grant such bountiful crops that it has been hailed as 'The Guardian of the Fields.'"

200. Landorus
Spr_5b2_645T_s.png

Now that my legendary hunting is complete, it's time to get back to my training. I have a lot more exploring to do in Unova, and a lot more Pokémon to catch before any new ones get discovered! Since the Entralink Forest is just north of Nimbasa City, I went there to find the Tropius I befriended in the Dream World the other day. I caught it to make it the sixth Pokémon in my group.

"Tropius, the Fruit Pokémon. Tropius fly by flapping their broad leaves. Delicious fruits grew from around their necks because they always ate the same kind of fruit. They give this sweet fruit to hungry children."

201. Tropius
Spr_5b_357.png

On the way back, I wanted to stop in the Lostlorn Forest. I remember a few of the trainers in the Castelia Gym who had Combee that they said they caught in the Lostlorn Forest. While I explored the area, I found that there were a few other Pokémon that I hadn't seen in Unova before!

"Roselia, the Thorn Pokémon. Roselia use the different poisons in each of their hands separately when they attack. The stronger their aroma, the healthier they are. Their scent deeply relaxes people."

"Pinsir, the Stagbeetle Pokémon. Pinsir grip their prey with their powerful pincirs and will not let go until the prey is torn in half. What they can't tear, they toss far."

I looked around for quite a while, trying to find a Combee with a little red mark on its head denoting the fact that it is a female. After finding several male worker Combee, I finally found and caught a female one! And after even more searching, I finally found a Pinsir to battle. I took quite a bit of weakening by my team as well as Vigoroth using Yawn to put it to sleep, but I did manage to capture it in the end.

202. Combee
Spr_5b_415_f.png

203. Pinsir
Spr_5b_127.png

Both Pokémon were sent to Professor Juniper since I already have six Pokémon with me. After that, I returned to Nimbasa City to do some training in the Sports Domes.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back