• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.
  • Want to share your adventures playing Pokémon?
    Check out our new Travel Journals forum for sharing playthroughs of ROM Hacks, Fan Games, and other Pokémon content!
  • IMPORTANT: Following a takedown request, the following hacks have been delisted from PokéCommunity:

• Pokémon Glazed
    • Pokémon: Giratina Strikes Back
    • Pokémon Flora Sky
    • Pokémon Stranded
    The downloads and discussion threads for these hacks will no longer be accessible, and staff will be unable to return questions regarding accessing this content.

Ruby hack: Pokemon Magikarps Adventures

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Apr 4, 2013
Hey! The hack sounds like it'd very awesome! Magikarp is pretty much my favorite pokemon...

Do you have any idea when you'll have a demo?

Years
@SWC6224 - It will be very awesome! He is an epic pokemon and the next release date will probably be arround the 4th of January, depending on if I encounter any bugs or glitches.

Years
  • Seen Oct 23, 2013
Looks like it'll be awesome. Also, I have lots of idea for storyline ideas :) So if you need any ideas for the plot, PM me if you want :)

Wynchester

Legendary Trainer
Years
If you are still serious about this, I'd be willing to help you with designing storylines. Also, I can do some scripting as well. Instead of making those 3 be the last Magikarps, maybe you should put in a event called the Society of the Ancient. A group that are trying to forcibly return Magikarp to the world except with a frightening increase in their power. Since you have a Magikarp, the try recruiting you and you have to beat 10 of them, for a grand total of 30 Magikarp (at most) and 30 Gyarados (at most), in a sequence of battles with only Magikarp and if you lose, you have to start the event from the begining. Put it in the begining and your Magikarp will then be close to a Gyarados, and nobody would ditch it.

It's a thought.^ But I mean I have millions. I've already thought of an entire game within the 10 minutes I've seen this thread. I'm just a tad lazy to do ALL of the work myself.

Also, is it cool if I borrow the general idea of Magikarp being basis for the plot for one of my game ideas? I have a couple hundred variations I want to try. Yes. I know. That is a lot of Magikarp.

Last edited:
Years
@Sarah Morgan - Stay tuned then, it's second trial beta is comming soon!

@Heracles4 - Sweet as then, I'll pm you in abit to see what you got.

@Wynchester - Ahh that idea would of worked when I needed a new base but, alas, little too late my friend, sorry. But I'd be glad to see what ideas you've got and by all means, just... credit me...? Maybe? Depending how serious you are with the hundreds of hacks.

Wynchester

Legendary Trainer
Years
Well, I'm not gonna make all of them, but maybe I'll make one. And I will credit you.

As far as my services are concerned, they are at your disposal whenever you need them. From reviews I've seen... you at least might want me to proofread things to fix grammar issues and spelling. (Don't worry, I know British terminology. My mom is British and I learned a lot from her and her friends. So I won't change those things unless you want me to.) As far as events and scripting go... if you need to make seemingly random events connect, talk to me. I can find ideas for you.

In fact... Anybody who is making a hack can call on me to help them and I will do anything I can.
X3, however has first rights to my time and services.

Years
Sweet as then, concider yourself hired! I'm just lazy when it comes to proof reading my grammar and all of that. But yeah, scripting I'm iffy with - get some bugs and overlays so if you wanna help out on that?

Years
It was removed due to it being a limited time only beta type thing. Sorry, but there will be another one soon, read the threads above to find out the date.

Wynchester

Legendary Trainer
Years
Yeah, I can do that for ya! Just send me the Beta when you're ready and I can proofread stuff for ya. Also I'm good with scripting. Just tell me what you would like me to do.

Years
Cheers Wynchester, I've sent you a PM with all the shabam in. Good luck is all I can say and hope I didn't screw up too many words due to laziness.

Wynchester

Legendary Trainer
Years
Oh and X3, even though I don't think it is a requirement... Out of respect to those who you used the tools of, be sure to credit their tools and them. And I'm beginning work.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jan 28, 2013
Ancient magikarp? I had always wondered if game freak was ever going to do anything with their description about it being stronger in the past, like A fossil for it or something. but they never did anything with it which depressed me.

I'm definitely interested and will be waiting on this!

Last edited:
Years
@Wynchester - Yeah, I was going to on a trial release (after all the mapping betas and such) and cheers man.

@selet - Well, you don't have to wait too long now... for a opening hour beta (depening if you use the frame skip and talk to everyone), could be a longer beta, but who knows. Anyway, glad your interested, keep checking back to see how development is going and for the lastest news.

Years
Lol nvm about the pics xD

Some of the bugs i had were with text appearing out of the dialogues box im sure you are already aware of that :D

The other bug i encountered was in the heros house, you can walk in the wall if you try to walk in the map

Wynchester

Legendary Trainer
Years
Progress on fixing bugs 80% complete! If you have found any bugs in the game, please message them to me BEFORE I finalize my progress and return the game to X3!

Years
Hey, I havent got it back from Wynchester yet... So I couldn't tell you. But hopefully it should be bug free! Which is always good.

I'll let you know how it's comming along when I get it back and start mapping on it again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back