• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Yellow hack: Pokémon Yellow Reborn

Status
Not open for further replies.

miksy91

Dark Energy is back in action! ;)
Years
Hack of: Pokémon Yellow (U) ROM

This is a simple hack of Pokémon Yellow which I've thought of calling either Yellow Plus or Reborn, not sure yet. There is no new storyline but in the end, something new will be going on. I haven't even thought this through so I won't be explaining anything yet either :P

The main idea of the hack is to stay much like the original game but not just having something as boring as stronger gym leaders and stuff as the changes. Instead, you may receive different items in said situations and fight different gym leaders than you'd expect to.

Furthermore, I've done a lot of work for this project - all the information I had when I started was what Map Headers in RBYG are like, and where the offsets for different maps are located. No map editor even supports event editing !

Pictures
45880837.png
73040019.png
28891336.png
83966208.png
96893724.png
37492458.png
15733616.png

Releases
First beta of this awesome hack is up: Download
Additionally, you can get it in Attached Files section.

Last edited:

metalflygon08

BIG PECKS
Years
  • Seen Jul 31, 2016
Would be cool if you included references to GSC events, like have a NPC or Book in the Rocket Warehouse talk about their planned research into the effects of Radio Waves on Pokemon, have Agatha and Lorlei talk about retiring, talk about moving the graves in Lavander, a cool way to tie this game in with it's sequel, like how GSC refferenced RBGY.

miksy91

Years
Would be cool if you included references to GSC events, like have a NPC or Book in the Rocket Warehouse talk about their planned research into the effects of Radio Waves on Pokemon, have Agatha and Lorlei talk about retiring, talk about moving the graves in Lavander, a cool way to tie this game in with it's sequel, like how GSC refferenced RBGY.
That's actually a good idea :)
I could a book or something like that in rocket warehouse.

For now though, Agatha is the gym leader in pewter.
I decided to change the gym leaders for fun :D

Years
  • Seen Dec 14, 2021
I believe this is the first time I have seen a hack of yellow!

Sounds good but I did hope for new scripts!

I will give it a try though!

And the beta goes up to which gym?

miksy91

Years
I believe this is the first time I have seen a hack of yellow!

Sounds good but I did hope for new scripts!

I will give it a try though!

And the beta goes up to which gym?
Scripting happens to require sort of ASM hacking as well in 1st generation.
But there will be new scripts, just a few though.
*Mainly in the end of the game.

Btw, beta has 2 gyms in it.

metalflygon08

BIG PECKS
Years
  • Seen Jul 31, 2016
Hooray! Gyms!

mabye oce you get the whole thing realeased, I could be of service to you,

Spoiler:

Years
  • Age 31
  • NY
  • Seen Feb 12, 2016
Actually, Coolboyman was able to change the backsprites in Brown, so maybe you could ask him?

miksy91

Years
Actually, Coolboyman was able to change the backsprites in Brown, so maybe you could ask him?
What do you mean ?
The battle sprites or something else ?

I won't even bother trying to change the battle sprites and I know how to change the "picture number" bytes and stuff.

NatureKeeper

She is a member of Skeetendo! What do you expect...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back