• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The unexpected spinoff addiction!

Years
Pokemon Pinball. I don't know why I had it, because I didn't buy it and I don't remember renting or borrowing it from someone, but I remember sitting on the bus going to school playing the crap out of this game. I can't even tell you why I enjoyed it. I like pinball, I like Pokemon, but combining them? Yes please!

runner up: I also really enjoyed the Pokemon Trading Card video game. My cousin and I would always link up and battle.

What was yours? I know mine are old .. I've been out of the loop a while, give me a break!

CliCliW

I have a Ph.D in Horribleness.
Years
I've recently gotten back into Pokemon TCG video game but I don't know how I played it as a child! It's impossible for me now!

I tried to play Pokemon Pinball too recently and just couldn't - I hate Pinball so I don't have the patience for it :P

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
I got really addicted to PMD Blue Rescue Team back in December 2007. I would play it every night that I worked with my grandmother in the mall and I didn't want to put it down, haha. Sadly I lost that game, and I haven't had motivation to play any other PMD games. Losing it just made me not wanna move on to bigger and better things I suppose. :(

Altair1

Willpower
Years
Several years ago I got hooked on the Trading Card Video Game, my cousin lent me that and Pokemon Yellow!
Nowadays I'm really addicted to the Pokemon Rumble series, I know it's incredibly repetitive but it's just so enjoyable!! I've only played the 3DS version, I plan to fully complete it once I finish with the mainstream games (I've beaten the story, just need to collect all Pokemon). I plan to purchase the Wii U version as well.

blue

gucci
Years
I think I've replayed every Pokémon spin-off that I own at least once, thinking about it now this gives me the incentive to play Colosseum once more!

Patrick

Ya'll Are Weird
Years
Don't recall the addiction level, but I liked Snap, Pinball, Puzzle League/Challenge and the very first PMD: Whatever the Subtitle for the DS. I'm not good at pinball, but of all the mascot pinball games I played, it definitely kept me hooked the most. I really like the music in it as well.

League/Challenge is a no brainer being a Panel de Pon skin, though tbh I probably played both the Tetris Attack and the Nintendo Puzzle Collection versions way more often. I will say that DS PMD was a game I couldn't get enough of at the time. You have to remember, it was pretty big step for the series to let you play as the Pokemon, all of which actually had characterizations. You darn well better believe I was on top of that game. :D I think I played it with more intent than anything prior, save for my first time playthroughs of Blue and Yellow.

Elaitenstile

I am legend
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Feb 27, 2015
Every spinoff I've played got me addicted. Most is PMD - Red Rescue Team because it was the first Spinoff I've played. I still need to get Rayquaza and that's about it. I've done every thing possible in the game.

Patrick

Ya'll Are Weird
Years
Come to think of it, I never finished PMD. I still have no closure on the Gengar/Gardevoir thing. Haha, oops. So much for playing it with intent.

Blueredemption

Never stop exploring!
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Oct 16, 2023
I got addicted to red rescue but only after 4 years of getting it XD. I had found it in my closet and played it non stop til i finished the story mode. I'm still working on getting all the friends on my team though. Basicly the same thing for the exsplorors arc, minus the 4 year thing. So to sum it up, i basicly fell in love with the mystery dungeon games as a whole, for the most part. The gates to infinity arc just didnt do go up to my expectations

I unexpectedly got addicted to the ranger games aswell, but i have not played them for so long i forgot the story :P

Ari Niko

Sincerity
Years
PMD: EOS was my addiction
52b0f867.gif

The storyline, the special missions, the soundtrack, all of it was so great!
52b0f867.gif

audinowho

Unovan Indeedee
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Mar 1, 2024
Pokemon conquest came out of nowhere and hit me in the face with its awesomeness.

Years
  • Seen Jan 21, 2017
I actually got into the pokémon series via the first PMD game. I really enjoyed it and then moved on to the main series game. Bought the first PMD about 3 times due to losing copies and for it's multiple versions.

The second one I have not played as much, but I really admire the story for being darker without being overly irksome like in B/W. And of course there's the 2nd and 3rd ranger games (the first one had some poorly thought out mechanics) and pokémon Link/Trozei. I even strangley like Pokémon Dash.

Ari Niko

Sincerity
Years
The second one I have not played as much, but I really admire the story for being darker without being overly irksome like in B/W. And of course there's the 2nd and 3rd ranger games (the first one had some poorly thought out mechanics) and pokémon Link/Trozei. I even strangley like Pokémon Dash.

Have you played the third MD game? I haven't been able to finish it because the story just drags on and on and on

Every spinoff I've played got me addicted. Most is PMD - Red Rescue Team because it was the first Spinoff I've played. I still need to get Rayquaza and that's about it. I've done every thing possible in the game.

That's how I feel with EoS Dx
I've done everything but the tower with Arceus... I need that damn drink!

Last edited:
Back