• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pok?pc Is Back With New Features!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ExtraOrdinary

ExtraOrdinary Team Brain
Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Nov 3, 2008
Dudedude said:
um...Where is the game making system?

My team doesn't agree to present the toolkit for free.
Sorry, but you should PM me if you insist on having the toolkit ;)

Years
ExtraOrdinary, by law, the toolkit must be free. If you didn't post the notice saying that the toolkit was not free in the first post, than it is automatically decreed free. And no, editing your post will nt change the rules.

ExtraOrdinary

ExtraOrdinary Team Brain
Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Nov 3, 2008
Sorry, but I can't do anything betraying my team x__X

In law, toolkit is for programming MMORPGs not only pokemon, so it's not free in law Korean guy.

Barry

Pokémon Trainer
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Aug 16, 2018
ExtraOrdinary said:

In law, toolkit is for programming MMORPGs not only pokemon, so it's not free in law Korean guy.

Well yeah, I agree that it's fine if it's like rpg maker but if it's got anything Pokemon in it without permission, then that's a problem.

Last edited:
Years
ExtraOrdinary said:

Making profit out of franchise you do not own the right to is illegal. No matter what you're making.

Years
ExtraOrdinary, your stuck between two rocks. You can have the risk of going to jail, or you can make the toolkit free. It's your choice.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Feb 11, 2011
It wouldn't be illegal if you removed all nintendo graphics and trademarks. You could sell it and leave it up to the end user to find their own tile sets. In saying that I think you'd find one person MIGHT buy it then just post it for free on a site. I don't think anyone cares about your toolkit if your going to make them pay for it.

DarknessMonkey

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Apr 27, 2009
This is highly ILLEGAL becuase you are selling a name that is already registered (Ex. Pok?mon). I really don't think you can say you made all those tilesets & characters.

mattgcn

Fakemon Lurker
Years
About all that copyright shit...See the other thread by ????? for that disclaimer.

No, wait, its my clipboard:

"The activities of this site fall under "fair use" as defined in 17 U.S.C. ? 107, as they are transformative and noncommercial, do not copy a significant portion of the copyrighted work and have no detrimental effect on the marketability of the copyrighted work."

All of it is true to the Pokemon Online engine. It is all non-commercial, no profit is made, and though this slows need for development, it keeps us safe. The only money we get are sponsoring gifts to keep the site and server up, mainly righ now through google ads, which are perfectly legal. Part 2, though we use lots of Nintendo materials, most of it is our custom, except in names of anything and sprites of old Pokemon. We created new Pokemon, new regions and completely rehauled Johto to a new level. New items and types and such overshadow the old as the game's majority and most of the tiles and art we use are custom built by our own staff. Part 3, this will do nothing to deter the sales of Pokemon games. At all. We'll still buy every new game that comes out, as will anyone else, since it's always good to keep up on the best Nintendo projects. If anything we're advertising, and we're trying to put out a temporary solution for the fans before Nintendo stops being stubborn and does it themselves.

Also, if you're thinking "PO's run out of Canada, US Constituion doesn't apply!", well we can avert that, we're even more lenient up here! If not, we can simply say its "run" out of the country with the best law on it since we're so multicultural. US, Canada, Holland, Australia, NZ or the UK..

The only thing illegal we've done is use ROMs, but if you come searching, you'll find our computers quite devoid of them, and without evidence, no trial can be set up against us."

Fweheheh, so as long as PokePC is majoritarily their own, certain things, like chipsets and coding, ranking above names for importance, and not sold for cash, you all =safe

ExtraOrdinary

ExtraOrdinary Team Brain
Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Nov 3, 2008
Hey kiddos!!

What do you think yourselves?

I'm not selling the toolkit and not presenting here Mr. Korean!!

The toolkit is LEGAL 100% as long as it doesn't contain any copyrighted materials of pokemon, consider it like RPG maker!

Mr. Korean you're wrong and I think you deserve to be punished for insulting a good member in a good community, heard me chaos maker??

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Feb 11, 2011
긩까겷꿃깺 said:
Actuallu, it still would be if he didn't remove the name Pok?PC.
I honestly doubt "poke" is a trademark of Nintendo... :dead: f**kn idiot

ExtraOrdinary

ExtraOrdinary Team Brain
Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Nov 3, 2008
Hey my friend , sphereslayer!!

You forgot to type pocket pcs to be illegal.

Don't u know that N owes "Pocket" monster logo? :D

Years
It may not be registered, but it still refers to Pok?mon.

ExtraOrdinary, you started all of this. here is the proof:
ExtraOrdinary said:
My team doesn't agree to present the toolkit for free. ;)
ExtraOrdinary, if you want all of this to stop, distribute the toolkit for free or rename it and remove all reminance of Pok?mon from it.

ExtraOrdinary

ExtraOrdinary Team Brain
Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Nov 3, 2008
긩까겷꿃깺 said:
ExtraOrdinary, if you want all of this to stop, distribute the toolkit for free or rename it and remove all reminance of Pok?mon from it.

Hey! You are NOT the decision maker here. If you want all of this to stop, get outta this respectable forum and go search for another forum which enables you to insult other members and flaming them :dead:

Edit: I'm not Japanese, just for you information :surprised

Years
  • Seen Jul 9, 2008
i think its your that should leve you said that the tool kit wasnt free so that means you dont belong here cos every thing any 1 has made on here is totaly free and you know what **** it i dont give a **** if i get banned your way out of line there its stealing if you want to sell this crappy software then sell it who cares just not on this forum your nothing but a thief

p.s u can bann me for my post or pm me or warn me i dont care i just hate ppl like this punk who thinks he earn an extra quid or 2 by stealing somthing and making it off for his own it doesnt surprise me ifits rpg maker 2k3/xp and he's edited that

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back