• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: FrostBite

Korronensu

Scrap Punk
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Feb 28, 2010
Frostbitebanner.png

Hack of:
badge-firered.png

Percent Complete: 10%
Team: ScrapPunk
Rating: Teen

Setting:
The setting is the Ryoko region nearly 1000 years after the occurences surronding Rayquaza in the Hoenn region.

Story:
You are one of only 21 citizens in the world who were chosen to go into Cryogenic slumber when Scientists around the world discovered that a new Ice Age was coming that would change the face of civilization. You were the backups in case mankind's coping strategies failed.

The name of the project was EDENCITY and each member of Edencity was chosen based on their unique genetic ability to survive harsh climates in the case that the world they awoke to was less than hospitable.

In the last days before you were placed in cryosleep, pokemon training fell out of popularity... trained pokemon were released by the millions by trainers who gave up their dream to become champion, and the Elite Four ceased to exist, along with all gyms. Mankind was sobering up... becoming cold and calculating, caring only to survive the coming ice age. Only the religious and superstitious still collected and trained pokemon.

Where trained pokemon used to be used for power production, transportation, hard labor, and experimentation, mankind turned to technology and new weapons and transportation advances were made.

One religion notably outcast itself from this turn in civilization, its members using and coexisting with pokemon as a way of life. This religion called itself Ragnarok after the Norse apocalypse. While they followed the a singular god, they adopted the practices of the Shinto religion and relied heavily on talismans and written enchantments, seemingly having found a way to tap into the power of the elements used by pokemon.

Your brother was a member of Ragnarok, and as a parting gift as you were to go into cryogenic sleep, he gave you a Tyrogue which he had hatched from an egg himself.

Your adventure begins when you exit your cryochamber to face whatever world nature has granted you.

Features:
Spoiler:

Just trust that this is NOT your old pokemon game. Instead of the objective being to beat gyms and the elite four, the challenge is just to survive. There will be MANY side quests and unique elements to make this game a worthy addition to anybody's game collection.

Screenshots:
Spoiler:

Banners:
Spoiler:

WANNA PIECE OF THE ACTION?
If you want to take part in the construction of this game, go to the ScrapPunk recruiting thread and apply for a position. PM me if you have a great idea you would like to see in a new pokemon game. The purpose of this game is to entertain the masses. If the masses will contribute, then this will become something truly great.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Nov 22, 2010
The storyline is pretty cool, but I want to see maybe some of the new fakemon inserted. Put pics of them, if they are finished.

Aljam

[i]Sweepin' ain't easy...[/i]
Years
Good hack Korronensu. Nice recolour of the ow. I made the exact same recolour when I was fooling around with hacking when I first started out. I hope this hack goes a long way.

Korronensu

Scrap Punk
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Feb 28, 2010
Yes. Yes she does. She's a Maruriftu... her looking human is story significant. She's an evolution of Ditto.

Ghost

[b][color=orange]ツ[/color][color=teal][i]In the Ma
Years
this is what i will be mapping for right, also since im assistant i wont map as much

Korronensu

Scrap Punk
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Feb 28, 2010
right??

since hes the main mapper

Right. Since he is the main mapper, you will only do what he wants you to do. I advise you see what other skills you have to contribute to Frostbite. Nobody is simply one thing.

Ghost

[b][color=orange]ツ[/color][color=teal][i]In the Ma
Years
well i skateboard not really hack but my deck snapped.

i know basic scripting

Korronensu

Scrap Punk
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Feb 28, 2010
When I tested the rom, I found out Advance Map had screwed it over (My programmer traced the problem to AMap) so I started over. Doing more tilemap editing this time on top of the normal block editing, so things should look smoother and more natural.

TrickyX

---
Years
  • Seen Aug 7, 2009
Korronensu;4878138]
Just trust that this is NOT your old pokemon game. Instead of the objective being to beat gyms and the elite four, the challenge is just to survive. There will be MANY side quests and unique elements to make this game a worthy addition to anybody's game collection.
It sounds like a good game but this small area made me wonder. What exactly do you mean by "just to survive"? Is it actually going to be possible to die in the game? Mind going more into detail if possible?

Mages4ever

Looking for a Challenge!
Years
  • Seen Aug 22, 2012
Interesting point you brought up.
It sounds like you can "die" but I don't think he really means that you can. Unless there are like multiple ways the game can play out, and depending on what you do, you might drop to a black room, and someone will be there saying "You've died." Elaborate?

Korronensu

Scrap Punk
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Feb 28, 2010
Storywise, it is a fight for survival. That doesn't mean you can die. That would sorta suck + make people not wanna play if you could actually lose the game and have to start over again.

SharpPoint

Suicune used Surf!
Years
SharpPoint's Progress

-July 26, 2009
Maps: Iger Cave Room 2, Underground Garden, Rock Maze 1

Last edited:

Korronensu

Scrap Punk
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Feb 28, 2010
Just a heads up, this game is gonna be rated Teen for language, violence, and gore.

Back