• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Avengers

Latios Master

11 Year PC Member
Years
4e2c4cf705707.jpg

I got this idea from someone else on the internet who made a team based on The Avengers, which has a movie coming out next year. I thought it was a cool idea so I decided to try it as well. I'm using completely different Pokémon compared to the other team that I saw. Four of these Pokémon were members of my previous team that was called Dragon Tank, if any of you remember that thread from the spring. Each Pokémon has a resemblance to the members of The Avengers.

Spr_5b_479W.png

#479 Rotom-W (War Machine): Electric/Water, Timid, Levitate, Item: Choice Specs
EVs: 252 SpA / 6 SpD / 252 Spe
Trick
Hidden Power [Ice]
Volt Switch
Hydro Pump

248.gif

#248 Tyranitar (The Hulk): Rock/Dark, Adamant, Sand Stream, Item: Choice Band
EVs: 252 HP / 38 Atk / 220 SpD
Pursuit
Crunch
Earthquake
Stone Edge

121.gif

#121 Starmie (Captain America): Water/Psychic, Timid, Natural Cure, Item: Leftovers
EVs: 6 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Rapid Spin
Ice Beam
Thunderbolt
Surf

It's not blue, but it's a star, which is on Captain America and his shield. Rapid Spin helps get rid of entry hazards that would really hurt Archeops. Two members of my team are weak to Fire, so Surf is a huge need.

212.gif

#212 Scizor (Iron Man): Bug/Steel, Adamant, Technician, Item: Life Orb
EVs: 6 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Bullet Punch
Swords Dance
Brick Break
U-Turn

The closest thing you can get to Iron Man. An adamant nature, a Life Orb, and Swords Dance raises it's attack to insane levels. A Life Orb also reminds me of Iron Man's chest. Bullet Punch is a STAB move that also gets boosted by Technician. Bug Bite and Superpower are preferred to X-Scissor and Brick Break, but getting them is a problem.

462.gif

#462 Magnezone (Thor): Electric/Steel, Timid, Magnet Pull, Item: Air Balloon
EVs: 6 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Hidden Power [Fire]
Thunderbolt
Volt Switch
Flash Cannon

Good at trapping and killing Steel-types with Magnet Pull and Hidden Power [Fire]. Thunder Bolt and Flash Cannon are good STAB moves. Volt Switch has STAB and is good for scouting.

567.gif

#567 Archeops (Hawkeye): Rock/Flying, Jolly, Defeatist, Item: Flying Gem
EVs: 6 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Quick Attack
Acrobatics
Rock Slide
Earthquake

It's not a hawk, but it'll work. I know a lot of people hate it, but it's one of the best Pokémon that I've ever used, IMO. Flying Gem + Acrobatics= KO most of the time. Rock Slide is STAB. Stone Edge is a riskier alternative. Quick Attack could be the difference between getting a KO or not.

I would appreciate any suggestions.

EDIT: I added Rotom-W and Tyranitar.

Last edited:

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
The only thing I'd suggest is to use Bug Bite over X-Scissor on Scizor/Iron Man. Bug Bite benefits from Technician, making it slightly more powerful than X-Scissor. It could be also useful for stealing pinch berries.

tente2

"Outta my way, dammit!"
Years
Creative idea for a team, but Haxorus isn't the largest stretch by far (Starmie as Captain America? SERIOUSLY?!?!?!)

Anyway, rating the actual team, my main concern is that Sunny Day (or worse, Drought) teams can potentially sweep this. Since you don't run weather, it's going to be easier for them to set up their own weather. Like you mentioned, three of your team members are weak to Fire, and most teams include Tangrowth or a similar Grass-type that can Solar Beam Starmie, (in addition, Surf is going to be halved) creating a 4-Pokemon weakness to Sun teams. 2x Earthquake can counter this, but it's still something worth considering.

Another issue, this time with Sandstorm, is that with only one immunity (Archeops) and a 4x weakness (Magnezone), and only one super-effective move on the entire team (Surf) you could potentially get sweeped by Excadrill and the likes. This is especially threatening because your wall (Magnezone) has a 4x weakness to Ground, which is alarming considering how frail the rest of the team is on average (Archeops, Starmie, Weavile, Haxorus)

I think you managed to pull off the "Avengers" theme pretty well while creating a realistic competitive team. (I don't even know what the Avengers are, nor half the superheros you mentioned:P)

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
Years
Infernape wrecks most of this team. (Magnezone, Weavile and Scizor)

And then a powerful Pokemon like Salamence, Mamoswine etc can just come in and decimate the other 3.

But since you're building a team around heroes or w/e that I don't know about it's hard to suggest members. Weavile isn't that good anymore since Conkeldurr arrived. Weavile doesn't do anything to it and Conkeldurr can just use Mach Punch for a sure OHKO.

Since you have 3 Pokemon weak to fire you could try putting Heatran or Scarf Chandelure in somewhere. Heatran would give you a nasty 4x Ground weakness and a Fighting one whilst Chandelure would give you a Fighting immunity and Fire immunity but a bunch of other weaknesses to work around.

Tyranitar could work over Haxorus. That's if you replace Weavile with something like Landorus who brings a Fighting Resistance with it.

dreyko

Isolated System.
Years
id like to just reinforce that your team is very weak to fire type moves and a drought team will give you lots of problems.

and for your scizor i would reccomed putting pursuit on it so that you hit pokemon that try to switch out especially latios and latias. superpower is also highly recommended over brick break but if you cant get it, its ok. and if you cant get bug bite on scizor you could always go for u-turn. it helps to scout and pivot.

furthermore, and adding on to the sand storm weakness, excadrill will be a major problem for your whole team. because of its sand rush ability its speed will double in the sand and it will be able to outspeed everything onnyour team. it can hit starmie super effectively, with x scissor, it hits scizor and magnezone with EQ, weavile and archeops with rock slide. the only pokemon on your team that wont take a super effective hit his haxorus, but it will still take massive damage considering its defense is mediocre.

EDIT: i would also suggest dual chop > dragon claw because it can break subs and continue to do damage. also on weavile you could consider low kick to hit tyranitar harder, since he is a major threat to weavile.

anyways i hope this helps =)

Last edited:

pokelooker

Staraptor guy
Years
awesome idea

As the title suggests, i think this is a really cool idea. being a novice trainer i wont give you any advice stat wise or recommend to give different items. i have but one suggestion, hulk surely should of been conkledur, don't you think?:)

Latios Master

11 Year PC Member
Years
As the title suggests, i think this is a really cool idea. being a novice trainer i wont give you any advice stat wise or recommend to give different items. i have but one suggestion, hulk surely should of been conkledur, don't you think?:)

I thought of him, but I wanted someone who was green, although Haxorus is more yellow than green. He's still a possibility, though.

I considered Lucario as Captain America, but I already had two Steel-types and needed a Water-type.

Another Pokémon that I think could be a good Thor is Thundurus.

I can't get Landorus unless I borrowed a Tornadus or bought Black.

Thank you for all of the suggestions.

G-Virus

The B.O.W. King
Years
How about Garchomp for Captain America? He has a star on his forehead and is also blue! You can use the 252 EVs in Atk and speed for him with the moves Swords dance, Outrage, EQ, and Stone Edge.
For Hulk you could try Machamp since it's actually a lot more fitting.
You can also use Braviary for Hawkeye and give him 252 EVs in Atk, 198 in Hp, 28 in Def and Sp.Def, and 4 in speed.

.MiKeY

Tank Operator
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 27, 2016
Because Garchomp is ubers, I think he wants an OU team.

G-Virus

The B.O.W. King
Years
I thought Garchomp was unbanned from ubers. Then again I don't really care about the new ubers list since it's ridiculous that they took stuff like Darkrai and Latios off there. Aw well. This is getting off track.
What you could do to help with your type weaknesses is have another pokemon that can learn water and ground type moves.

Vrai

can you feel my heart?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Oct 24, 2022
I thought Garchomp was unbanned from ubers. Then again I don't really care about the new ubers list since it's ridiculous that they took stuff like Darkrai and Latios off there. Aw well. This is getting off track.
What you could do to help with your type weaknesses is have another pokemon that can learn water and ground type moves.

What are you talking about...? Garchomp was removed from the ban list when the fifth generation rolled around, then was determined to be overpowered again and rebanned. Darkrai was rebanned in the first round, months ago. Latios is OU, but more or less every tier list agrees that Latios and Latias are OU, so...

I would appreciate any suggestions.

Hi. Cute team.

My primary concerns are more or less what everyone else said, particularly concerning your Fire-type weakness and weather weakness in general. You have three Fire-weak Pokemon but also three Fire resists; the only issue is that your Fire resists aren't exactly... idek, reliable. Starmie is probably the best Fire resist you have because Haxorus would prefer not to switch into something that would potentially burn him as well as being choiced limits him etc, and obviously you don't want to switch Archeops into anything if you can avoid it. :( Secondly, if Magnezone goes down for any reason, you're really susceptible to Scizor. Starmie has difficulty doing any real damage especially if it's a specially defensive variant, and it can simply set up/recover with Roost.

I think the first thing you need to do is find a replacement for Weavile. He's really... not very important for your team in general, to be honest. Doesn't do anything effective/promoting team synergy, imo. I'd like to say you should use Rotom-W; it helps by giving you a solid Fire resist, as well as providing a fair check to Excadrill/Scizor (make sure to avoid U-turn and Bug Bite!) and just is a very solid Pokemon in general. It could be War Machine, maybe? /totally just googled 'list of avengers members' :x

I'd also like to suggest you use Tyranitar > Haxorus. It's got insane special bulk and more or less helps you massively with sun teams who would otherwise be very hard to deal with, plus it gives you another solid Fire resist and gives you an opportunity to set up SR. Another possibility is Heatran; it has little difficulty with any common Sun abusers except Sawsbuck and random Earthquake on Venusaur and friends. Specially Defensive Heatran would probably be the best set, also giving you a solid switch-in to Lati@s. Lastly, a more defensive build on Starmie might be of interest; you obviously want to keep rocks off the field for Archeops so keeping Starmie alive as a pivot is very important. Recover is also an option, as is HP Fire to lure Ferrothorn switches.

Good luck with your team. Dunno what else to say! :x

Latios Master

11 Year PC Member
Years
Thanks for the suggestions, Vrai. What would be the best movesets for Tyranitar and Rotom-W? Rotom-W does make a good War Machine.

Years
  • Age 16
  • Seen May 28, 2019
Thanks for the suggestions, Vrai. What would be the best movesets for Tyranitar and Rotom-W? Rotom-W does make a good War Machine.
I'm up for Specs/Scarf Rotom >>>>>> Starmie as lead and Band TTar to check Latios who can wreck through this team.
c/p'd from smogon
[SET]
name: Choice
move 1: Volt Switch / Thunderbolt
move 2: Hydro Pump
move 3: Hidden Power Fire / Hidden Power Ice
move 4: Trick
item: Choice Scarf / Choice Specs (I prefer specs.)
ability: Levitate
nature: Timid
evs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Always use Volt Switch on Rotom-W, especially if you're using this as a lead. Rotom-W is a very great scouter and can hit hard enough. With Zone, I don't think you'll need HP Fire, so go with HP Ice.

[SET]
name: Choice Band
move 1: Stone Edge
move 2: Crunch
move 3: Pursuit
move 4: Aqua Tail
item: Choice band
nature: Adamant
evs: 252 HP / 36 Atk / 220 SpD
This TTar set is so underrated I don't even know why. It can takes hits and deliver a huge blow. This guy even OHKOs Latios with Pursuit even if it doesn't even switch out. But if you want SR, I recommend this to check Latios.
name: Specially Defensive
move 1: Stealth Rock
move 2: Crunch
move 3: Pursuit
move 4: Superpower
item: Leftovers
nature: Careful / Adamant
evs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpD

Cute team btw. <333 Marvel.

Latios Master

11 Year PC Member
Years
Thanks for the movesets, Spinosaurus. I added them to my team with one minor change. I replaced Aqua Tail with Earthquake on Tyranitar. Aqua Tail is difficult to get.

EDIT: I replaced X-Scissor with U-Turn on Scizor.

Last edited:
Back