• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What To Do With Useless Pokemon?

jcl

Years
  • Seen Jul 25, 2014
What do you guys do with useless Pokemon (such as Dunsparce) that clog up your PC? I know that abandoning them is a possible solution but I always feel really, really bad doing that.

Years
  • Age 55
  • Seen Nov 13, 2014
I just leave em in the PC. when PokeBank comes out, ill just dump em there and let em rot

jcl

Years
  • Seen Jul 25, 2014
Aww that's kinda mean. Sorry if this sounds like a noob question but what is Pokebank?

BakingBluePotatoe

The Red Death Alchemist
Years
The PokeBank/Pokemon Bank is a 3ds app coming out in december to transfer Pokemon from older games, as well as be basically be a Cloud Storage Box system (like Pokemon Box/Pokemon Ranch) for the yearly fee of 5$ a month

KittenKoder

I Am No One Else
Years
Keep them for trades. Someone is always looking for a pokemon that you don't like, always. I breed and trade them just like all the others, I just don't use them in battle. Though honestly, I don't find any pokemon useless because of that.

BroChickaBowWow

mlg uber rng shop coming soon!
Years
i just dump all the useless ones in 1 box. when all the other boxes get filled up, i release 'em. or use gts trade center. although that never works haha.

Princess Diana

the people's princess
Years
  • Seen Oct 9, 2023
The PokeBank/Pokemon Bank is a 3ds app coming out in december to transfer Pokemon from older games, as well as be basically be a Cloud Storage Box system (like Pokemon Box/Pokemon Ranch) for the yearly fee of 5$ a month

Or you could trade them over Wonder Trade if they really are a hassle. :P

Altair1

Willpower
Years
I keep them in a box called 'Extra' and that's if I have a double of that Pokemon. I organize my Pokemon in boxes by their National Dex number...

Hatsuharu

☆ princess of despair ☆
Years
Since Wonder Trade exists in X and Y, I always always send 'em over to someone. I know what you get back might not be that good, the possibility of getting a Pokemon you actually want is better than just releasing unwanted Pokemon.

Palmer-Granate

The Champion Jester
Years
Useless? If by that, you mean 'partners I seldom use', I just leave em in the PC, the lowest levels, when I sort my pc (excluding the earliest editions, cuz sorting is frustrating when you withdraw/deposit for 10 min straight) I put all the lowest levels at the front, and sort from there. The further down the Boxes you go, you'll end up seeing my legends and my strongest partners, excluding the lucky six I use on an all-too regular basis.

KawaiiFutureFriend

Friend of the People
Years
Well, I'm going to have to say that I love using the underused and really awful Pokémon as my main team members. I dunno, call it some weird part of me, but I love using terrible Pokémon, I consider it a challenge and a real huge amount of dedication worth giving.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
I only catch Pokemon I plan on using. I may not use them immediately, but I do try to use them at some point in the game, whether for HMs or Pokedex purposes. That being said, I don't really end up with "useless" Pokemon in my PC.

Orifiel

Priestess
Years
I evolve them to last stage then leave them to PC.
Still, before leaving them to PC, they were useful. So, no hard feelings.

KawaiiFutureFriend

Friend of the People
Years
I evolve them to last stage then leave them to PC.
Still, before leaving them to PC, they were useful. So, no hard feelings.
There we go, finally someone else kinda does what I do! I don't feel so left out. Just remember that Feebas evolves into an amazing Milotic. I always wanted a Milotic. Maybe one of these days I'll use Feebas. Either way ... somehow I got sidetracked and your post reminded me about that. So thanks~

Back