• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Rate my VGC team: Closest to inmortal

Tsukimaru

Double battles veteran
Years
*note: i posted this exact same thread in smogon, so i´ll just paste what i posted there :P

Greetings. Right after 5th gen appeared in japan, with new attacks and stuff, i realized an strategy that was thought as impossible in 4th gen, but i got to make it. I played Japanese version so i could test it out and worked, so let me show you my own version of "Wondertomb"

the team is this:

Shedinja
Shedinja_NB_variocolor.gif

@ Focus Sash/Lum berry
Trait: Wonder Guard
EVs: 252 Attack / 252 Speed
Adamant Narute (+Atk, -Sp.Atk)
- X-Scissor
- Shadow Sneak
- Mimic
- Endure/ Protect

Lopunny
lopunny.gif

@ Red Card/Sitrus Berry/No item
Trait: Klutz
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Speed / 6 SDef
Jolly Nature (+Speed, -SAtk)
- Circle Throw
- Entrainment
- Mirror Coat
- After You

Whimsicot
547.gif

@ Red Card/ Big Root
Trait: Prankster
EVs: 252 SAtk / 252 Speed / 6 HP
Timid Nature (+Speed, -Atk)
- Safeguard
- Giga Drain
- Hurricane
- Taunt

Seaking
119.gif

@ Rindo Berry (not tested yet)
Trait: Lightningrod
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Speed / 6 HP
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Waterfall
- Megahorn
- Agility
- Soak

Infernape
Infernape_NB.gif

@ Life Orb
Trait: Blaze
EVs: 252 Speed / 252 SAtk / 6 SDef
Timid Nature (+SATK, -Atk)
- Heat Wave
- Hidden Power (Ice)
- Fake Out
- Vacuum Wave

Spiritomb
447.png
Spiritomb_NB.gif

@ Expert Belt/ Lum Berry
Trait: Pressure
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SAtk / 6 Speed
Modest Nature (+SDef, -Atk)
- Dark Pulse
- Shock Wave
- Hidden Power (Fire)
- Nasty Plot

The main idea is to make both Lopunny and Shedinja be together at the same moment on the field, so the strategy can go on.

ok, the deal`s this. I have 2 different Leads, Seaking and Infernape, in which i can use infernape as a support for Seaking to make it use agility to be faster than most pokes. right after that, if i get to rise my speed, i would switch infernape with Shedinja after killing or weaken the Grass enemy poke, meanwhile i use Soak on my partner. after this, i would keep sweeping or switch seaking for lopunny with Red card so when it get hit, force the foe to switch, and Shedinja using endure.

My other Lead is Lopunny and Shedinja at once after being sure that the strategy can be done with no problems. From here on, both leads works for the next step

First, Lopunny uses Entrainment on one of my foe`s pokemon for two reasons, first, to make its item useless, and second, to make Shedinja use Mimic(only 3G Tutor) on Lopunny and copy Entrainment.
*I had to undust my old Emerald version in which i had a shedinj already. I just used the tutor for Mimic and migrated it to 5th gen)

Luckily, both will survive the next turn, and here i`ve got 2 different choices:
one is to make Lopunny use After You on Shedinja, so it can use Lopunny`s speed to use Entrainment on the same Lopunny, making it Wonder Guard trait, then switching shedinja or Lopunny depending on the situation, sending out spiritomb, and make the other pokemon use Entrainment on it.
The other option is, that if i`m sure that shedinja wont be harmed that turn, switch Lopunny for Spiritomb, and use Entrainment, so it can have Wonder Guard trait.

After i reach my goal, i switch Spiritomb´s partner for Whimsicot, and make it use Safeguard, meanwhile Spiritomb, now with Wonder Guard Trait, spam Nasty Plot to get its Sp.Attack to the very top and inmune to stat ailments.

once this is done, the other trainer has only 2 choices:
giving up for not having stat-damaging moves, or try to resist most of the carnage and make spiritomb the last standing.

i love this strategy for two reason. first, because it is totally invented by me and as far as i know nobody else uses it as i do, and the other reason is because you get acces to a team that is the closest to Invincible (if not invincible already)

in my oppinion, this is how i rate it

Pros:
*Acces to wondertomb, a pokemon believed as a "legend" or "fairy tale" in legal gameplay
*The probability to win a match after getting the moves done is 99% if everything is in favor, otherwise 95%
*Works in both doubles and triples

Cons:
*Takes certain time to be done (3-6 turns in doubles, 2-4 turns in triples) and leave many opens meanwhile
*Succeptible to some taunts
*Mostly Sp.Attack Based
*Not recommended for tournaments since it depends on too many probabilities

I tested this strategy lots of times in the past, and yes, this is the ONLY way to make a Wondertomb in legal ways. i´m not planning to change most of the team structure since it has worked for me at least 85% of the times. just wanna know if you consider this team something good or not.

*i would thank you if you do not "copy" my team as it is, just the main idea cause i dislike trainees who "steal" teams and call themselves pro.

thx beforehand for rating ;)

Back