• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Pokémon] ~>{*Shiny Hunters Club}<~

Years
It's been a while... Schoolwork has really disrupted much of my time hunting, but apparently I used up an entire week to obtain the shiny charm... With this new thing at hand, I promised myself I'd start hunting after the break... But temptation struck... Due to being forced on bedrest for breaking my back, the temptation has broken through!!! Currently at a hunt for Frillish, and according to the Trainer Card.... 1142 REs so far...

Well, good luck to everyone else who is out there. Hopefully this shiny charm will do us some good?

I'm... so... happy... and... depressed at the same time.... Ugh... My first RE'd shiny didn't go well... Fishing spot had to pop up randomly and I wasn't watching...
Spoiler:

She has a Bashful and appeared after 10 REs after my dinner break... I wasn't looking when the fishing spot appeared... When I stared down I was like "Odd... Purple... YESYESYES, Wait... NOOOOOOOOOO!" And there you have it... First RE'd shiny on first day... I'd say if it was for Frillish, it would be about.... 1842 REs...

I feel so spited!!!! I'm gonna triple DS RE now! Frillish!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:

Aaryn

I Want a DS!!!
Years
Little update to keep in touch. Not much time to play actually but oh well, I'm getting along.

I got myself a Wii U. Any og you guys got one so I can add you?

Sableye~

Back to PC~
Years
  • Seen Jan 4, 2018
Update:
I've hatched around 45 Treecko eggs. 3 females (or maybe it's 2) obtained and no shiny one yet. T:

But I'm going to keep trying. By the time I hatch all of the ones I have on hand, It'll have been 90 eggs.

Years
Update:
I've hatched around 45 Treecko eggs. 3 females (or maybe it's 2) obtained and no shiny one yet. T:

But I'm going to keep trying. By the time I hatch all of the ones I have on hand, It'll have been 90 eggs.

Don't worry, you'll get it eventually... Masuda shinies don't show up that quickly, and the longer it takes to find a shiny... The more worth it has.

Years
YES!!!! After 2 months, it FINALLY decided to show up:

Congrats! Shiny Skarmory is so pretty with that green colour! And I'm glad you made up for your lost shinies, I hope your next shiny will be just as good!

She has a Bashful and appeared after 10 REs after my dinner break... I wasn't looking when the fishing spot appeared... When I stared down I was like "Odd... Purple... YESYESYES, Wait... NOOOOOOOOOO!" And there you have it... First RE'd shiny on first day... I'd say if it was for Frillish, it would be about.... 1842 REs...

I feel so spited!!!! I'm gonna triple DS RE now! Frillish!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm not sure if your happy or disappointed but congrats on getting the shiny Alomomola, I haven't seen it in it's shiny form yet! And I hope a sparkly, shiny Frillish grabs your rod soon :3

As for my shiny hunts, Charmander is now on hold at 220 eggs, Snover was MEANT to be started today but I've become hooked on REs right now so I've done 1186 in 2 days. I don't think that's too many, but I'm hoping if I keep it up I might get a shiny by Christmas, whether it's Snover, Charmander, Marill or even something else at Village Bridge!
Good luck everyone else, nice to see some shinies appearing right after sharing my luck buckets, I guess I can spare a LITTLE more, but I'll need the rest back!

Years
  • Seen Jan 10, 2013
Just a short update.

Mudkip is one of my current main hunts, standing at 5100 SR's. However, there is a problem: the batteries are dying on both of the games (Ruby and Sapphire). The natures of the Mudkips are repeating themselves, as though the battery is dry, when it is not. A trustworthy source told me that meant the batteries are dying. I'm not sure if you can get shinies at this point (I'm sure you can), but I'm still reseting. (If anybody knows anything about this, could you please let me know?)

The exterior of Dragonspiral Tower is my second main hunt. I am at 4700 RE's. I hope to get a shiny before December ends, for this hunt was started as a holiday thing! I'm duel hunting on Black and White (the originals).

After these hunts, I will probably go back to my Blitzle hunt, which I put on hold after I got a shiny Pidove a long while ago. If I get Mudkip, I will probably do Route 110 in both of them, which I also started earlier.

Anyways, good luck on everyone's hunts, and congragulations if I missed anyone's shinies!!

Sableye~

Back to PC~
Years
  • Seen Jan 4, 2018
Just a short update.

Mudkip is one of my current main hunts, standing at 5100 SR's. However, there is a problem: the batteries are dying on both of the games (Ruby and Sapphire). The natures of the Mudkips are repeating themselves, as though the battery is dry, when it is not. A trustworthy source told me that meant the batteries are dying. I'm not sure if you can get shinies at this point (I'm sure you can), but I'm still reseting. (If anybody knows anything about this, could you please let me know?)

The exterior of Dragonspiral Tower is my second main hunt. I am at 4700 RE's. I hope to get a shiny before December ends, for this hunt was started as a holiday thing! I'm duel hunting on Black and White (the originals).

After these hunts, I will probably go back to my Blitzle hunt, which I put on hold after I got a shiny Pidove a long while ago. If I get Mudkip, I will probably do Route 110 in both of them, which I also started earlier.

Anyways, good luck on everyone's hunts, and congragulations if I missed anyone's shinies!!

Yup, that still will work because the shinies aren't time based. (:
According to the internet, that is. I still am trying to get a hold of a Gen III game.

Shiny Mudkip are cute, aren't they? I have one on hold from a person on here. If you'd like I can clone it and send you one...?

Years
  • Seen Jan 10, 2013
Yup, that still will work because the shinies aren't time based. (:
According to the internet, that is. I still am trying to get a hold of a Gen III game.

Shiny Mudkip are cute, aren't they? I have one on hold from a person on here. If you'd like I can clone it and send you one...?

Yes shinies aren't time based, but they are affecting when the battery runs dry, I 'm just wondering if they can be affected before the battery runs dry.

And about the Mudkip, I appreciate the offer, but I want to hunt this on my own. Thank you though :D

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
Years
I am starting to search for pokemon for the Shiny Challege, I figured my best bet would be trying route 13 on White 2 because there are about 4 total pokemon that are red or green. I would hunt for a Grimer in Sewers, but the water is drained atm. So I don't know if I will try for a Grimer before the challenge ends.

pokewalker

If it ain't Dutch,it ain'tmuch
Years
I'm back folks! However I'm not into hunting atm since it's too time consuming I just thought of letting you guys now for those who were wondering where I have been the last year or so ;)

Latios Master

11 Year PC Member
Years
Welcome to the club, sky wolf and WobbuffetWynaut!

Congrats on the shiny Skarmory, Flydro!

Congrats on the shiny Alomomola, miloticfan54!

Welcome back, pokewalker!

This week's random hunt is... Houndour!

I'm still on Marvelous Bridge on Black 2.

Years
Update to Frillish hunt: About 3000 REs and the thing still refuses to shine... I'm more than fired to keep continuing but well... after spending so much time in the hospital shiny hunting... I'll give it a rest for now because I need to go to school... If this doesn't shine today, I'll temporarily put it on hold for my vacation after the exams... I guess... I'm the only patient back at the waiting room sitting and avidly tapping at three DSes...

Good luck to everyone else's shinies... Especially SR ones! Hope you guys get it soon!

Flydro

doobz
Years
Congrats! Shiny Skarmory is so pretty with that green colour! And I'm glad you made up for your lost shinies, I hope your next shiny will be just as good!

Congrats on the shiny Skarmory, Flydro!

Thanks yall! I'm still excited about it lol, I'm sure it'll wear off in a few days as I get used to it being on my team. My laptop needs a new charger (too lazy to drive and go buy one right now) so I can't post the pics yet but I'll get em on here eventually.

I know I said that I wasn't in a rush to do another hunt, but my new target is readily available at this point in the game. After catching Skarmory and defeating Clair in Soul Silver, my new hunt will be for shiny Dratini! While looking at shiny dragon types, the Dragonite looked like a good choice for my first shiny dragon. There's something about the green shinies I guess. Now I'm back to another SR hunt, my usual method. Hopefully my luck continues and the shiny Dratini will show up quickly! If anyone would like to do a race then let me know.

Good luck to all on their hunts!

Years
  • Seen Dec 13, 2013
well, im still around, but now i have a few things to say:

1: .......two months......that's how long it's been since my last shiny. ive never had a drought this long. not that im not hunting, it's that my games arnt producing

2: 12k encounters is nothing. wait til you go above 14k for your third Patrat

3: ive gotten a new camera for early Christmas, so HOPEFULLY i can start making videos with it soon....as long as i know how to use it

NightOfRemorse

my anxieties have anxieties
Years
Congratulations on the shiny Skarmory and Alomomola (and any other shiny in case I missed one)! I've been hunting for a green shiny for December since last week, and it shone for me today at 849 eggs! I wouldn't call it a short hunt, but I wouldn't go so far as to call it a long hunt, either. Ask me about my Charmander hunt and you'll understand why, lol.

Spoiler:

I'm incredibly happy that I got her (or "him"... you never know if your little female Azurill will decide to get a sex change later in life) on 12/12/12. The date won't be a repeating one like this for about another century so I think it's pretty incredible :]
Now, which shiny should I go after next... I'm indeed going to strive for a red shiny, but which? Shut up don't say Gyarados. Would Chimchar qualify as red, or hot pink? LOL. Happy hunting, everyone!

Sableye~

Back to PC~
Years
  • Seen Jan 4, 2018
Congratulations on the shiny Azurill! A red non-Gyarados...how about Duskull, Dusclops, Stunky, Skuntank, Skorupi, Drapion, or Rotom?

So I'm currently still working on the shiny Treecko. I'm up to 90 hatched eggs, 25 unhatched in the PC box, and 3 unhatched in the team. (:

This is my first attempt at breeding for a shiny that I'm actually going to stick with. I tried with Eevee sometime ago, but gosh the eggs just take too long to hatch!

I'm currently browsing shiny Pokemon ( http://pokemondb.net/pokedex/shiny is the website I'm using) to find my next target once I finish. It'll make me more determined to finish up with my Treecko hunt.

Years
I honestly believe that temptation drove me to an end... Seventh day hunting for Frillish, despite saying I'd stop... I wasn't able to get peace of mind during my exams...

I hunted about 13 hours a day... Lack of sleep has become common in the last days... Exams are still up, and here's an update to Frillish...

5000+ REs (lost count, resetted my counter already)
1200 Eggs (Yep, Masuda Method now also...)

Just a little question about B2W2, I wonder if Masuda Method still works with Everstone since it always passes down the nature?

Ah well, I shall try my best to abstain from this hunt for at least two more days so that I may freely hunt after my exams... Hopefully... Or I'll be suffering the usual sleepless nights of unrest.

Congrats to the shiny Azurill! Yay for Masuda Method!

Sableye~

Back to PC~
Years
  • Seen Jan 4, 2018
Gosh, 13 hours?
I only hunt for at most 3 hours per day. I'm Masuda Methoding for a Treecko (still).

My update-

Day 7 of shiny Treecko hunting.
Around 110 eggs hatched with no luck. I recently obtained a Japanese Ditto, so I used Masuda Method for some of those. Most are just normal breeding, though.
As soon as I finish hatching this PC box of eggs (around 20 left), I'm going to release the Treecko and start again. This time it'll be fully Masuda'd.

Last edited:
Back