• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Medievl

rockeymon

Real life Silver Shirubaa
Years
rockeymon-solo-dev-banner.png

Presents you
pkmn-medievle-banner.png

Table Of Contents
A.) Storyline
B.)Features
C.)Characters(will be added later)
D.)Screenshots(will have some up soon)
E.)Credits

A.) Storyline
Spoiler:

B.)Features
Spoiler:

Last edited:

Lord Varion

Guess who's back?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 6, 2015
Looks Goood.
But not much is told
just about a war but saying '~someone who died' seems a bit disrespectful you could take the effort to give a name. or initials if you don't want the name given away

Ęℓαчиıı

Blizzagon used Arctic Claw!
Years
I don't know if it's intentional, but, "medievl" is spelled wrong. It's "medieval," but, anyways, back on topic!

This idea seems like.. a unique one, no features stand out to me so far, but, I wish you luck on it.

rockeymon

Years
@Pokkeball, Thanks. I dont know when theyll be up thats a estimate, I have alot of Spriting to do mainly cause i have to make the base and everything from scratch.

@Nintendork15, It's not meant to be disrespectfull it is meant to be somebody who died without a name, ie. someone who died but no one knew. The point of saying it like that is the war had been going on for so long that no one really knew why there was war.

@Ęℓαчиıı, It was meant to be mispelt for the reason that there is another hack/game in progress that has the name Pokemon Medieval, another reason was the way I was doing the font for the banner I was creating I couldn't fit the entire name in.
Features wise I really didn't know what to put in there, it will kinda be like opening Rmxp and starting a battle, unless I decide to add a new battle system (which is entirely possible with how I am taking the game). It'll be like mystery dungeon except it isn't Mystery dungeon, I want it to be like a normal game I don't want randomness.

This is new, it doesn't have alot of progress in it but it will be worked on, whether progress is slow or not please except what there is, and please dont complain about what isn't there (I am not saying you all who have posted are complaining).

KingCharizard

C++ Developer Extraordinaire
Years
Please dont take this the wrong way, but your banner looks horrible, like a 5 year old made it and you barely have anything here worth showing... why didn't you wait to make progress before trying to post i know your anxious to get it out there but patience is key!

rockeymon

Years
@KingCharizard, I posted it because it helps me personally keep track of what I am doing in the game and also have a place to easily get criticism and help (I don't know anyone who would be helpfull besides posting a forum).
At the same time your right I should be patient. I did kinda jump the gun by posting a forum(by the time I had realized that the forum was already up and now there is no sense in taking it down).

@Daedalus, True. I will probably go back and change it later just for the simple fact it is bugging me lol.
Which banner? The rock solo thing was something I had made in like 5 minutes for something I was making that didn't need a fancy banner. If it is the Pokemon medieval banner that is a WIP and will hopefully look pretty cool once it is Done (not to mention I am a Gfx Designer I make stuff like that in my spare time lol).

EDIT: Also another thing about the banner, when I made that banner I was planning a COMPLETELY different game, it was more in the style of you playing someone in the medieval time period who could capture pokemon, so the banner will probably change to something different.

@MonsterMMORPG, So am I, not sure when any will be up seeing as my work timeline got screwed up beyond beleife (life is chaotic).

RetroRoller

Trailer Trash
Years
This does look really interesting, but I must agree with @King Charizard about the banner. You really need to work on that. I look forward to screnshots as well ;) Any news on mapping, tiling and the like? Or have I completely scrolled past it :P

rockeymon

Years
Well I am not starting mapping/tiling tell I at least have the characters inputed. Once I have the first 151 pokemon I will probably start mapping. I am planning to base the cities off of each region, I mean the cities where created there for a reason right?
Anyway no major updates besides working on the pokemon classes (I hate this XD).

RetroRoller

Trailer Trash
Years
Well I am not starting mapping/tiling tell I at least have the characters inputed. Once I have the first 151 pokemon I will probably start mapping. I am planning to base the cities off of each region, I mean the cities where created there for a reason right?
Anyway no major updates besides working on the pokemon classes (I hate this XD).

Sounds good :P Clever idea to do it after you have the first 151 pokemon.
If you base the cities from cities from eahc region... if this is pokemon 'Medievl' are you going to... make them... older? Like, stone buildings and stuff rather than the modern places you'd find at, say, Saffron City?
:D

rockeymon

Years
Sounds good :P Clever idea to do it after you have the first 151 pokemon.
If you base the cities from cities from eahc region... if this is pokemon 'Medievl' are you going to... make them... older? Like, stone buildings and stuff rather than the modern places you'd find at, say, Saffron City?
:D

Yes. Basically it will be life before humans could capture pokemon, do humans exist? Most definitely. Can they capture pokemon? No, although they can befriend them. Looking at it I would say that it will be kinda like Narnia (based around prince caspian timeline).

RetroRoller

Trailer Trash
Years
Ok, it sounds great :D Another question (sorry lol, I'm really curious about this :P) how is your player going to get a pokemon?
Is he going to be given one?

rockeymon

Years
Ok, it sounds great :D Another question (sorry lol, I'm really curious about this :P) how is your player going to get a pokemon?
Is he going to be given one?

You are the pokemon, this is set before humans knew how to capture pokemon. Sure a human can befriend one, hence it being kinda like narnia.

RetroRoller

Trailer Trash
Years
You are the pokemon, this is set before humans knew how to capture pokemon. Sure a human can befriend one, hence it being kinda like narnia.

Sounds really cool. I do have to admit, small mobile balls that emit bright beams to capture creatures and compress them really small is a bit futuristic for 2011 :P But yeah, that's about all my questions! :P I'm going to watch this thread for updates and everything though. :)

Back