• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Issue: Transgender/Genderqueer don't display properly on postbit for guests

Years
  • Seen Sep 18, 2020
Also, neither does postcount show at all.

Image:
ou.png

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Even if it was brought up by a troll, it was an option that should have been added long ago. That might be the first time a troll helped us out. But yeah, no issue in letting it stay and getting it fixed in the postbit.

Years
  • Seen Sep 18, 2020
Well, considering this was coded literally a half hour ago, I'm sure there's some bugs to be worked out still. Audy will fix I'm sure.
Oh, right, I didn't see just how recent that was. Still, the postcount issue I also mentioned has been present for far longer (unless it's intended and that setting is off by default?), so I don't think one can assume problems with recent changes won't be missed.

droomph

weeb
Years
he's planning on coming back in a couple of days with a new account and act offended like an evangelical parent that you have a third option for gender btw, just throwing the warning out

IP bans 5ever <3

I don't see why you guys have to do this lol

I mean, isn't there an option for "neither" or "both"? And genderbending is always fun :3

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
I mean, isn't there an option for "neither" or "both"? And genderbending is always fun :3

No, there's just an option to leave it blank. I once suggested having a "both" option, but that obviously didn't go through, lol. And you can gender bend without having to use the new options. Though I think it will be a bit disrespectful if people genderbend using the transgender or genderqueer option.

Kiriyuuki Kasuna

<b><i><font color="#979C1F">Insert Purpose of Mean
Years
I'd actually like for the option of choosing either one for chosen gender

'' '' : Transgender-FtM (Female to Male)

'' '' : Genderqueer-FAAB (Female-Assigned At Birth)
'' '' : Genderqueer-CAFAB (Coercively Assigned Female At Birth)
" "" : Genderqueer-CAMAB (Coercively Assigned Male At Birth)

It gives more of a choice for members and it looks aesthetically better. It'll show how PC as a forum is Open, Very Friendly, and Very Diverse.

bobandbill

one more time
Years
Wouldn't it be easier if it was just labelled Other instead? Would catch any other niches.

Otherwise I don't think there's a need to go down into more narrow subcategories - the general label should imo suffice.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
I'd actually like for the option of choosing either one for chosen gender

'' '' : Transgender-FtM (Female to Male)

'' '' : Genderqueer-FAAB (Female-Assigned At Birth)
'' '' : Genderqueer-CAFAB (Coercively Assigned Female At Birth)
" "" : Genderqueer-CAMAB (Coercively Assigned Male At Birth)

It gives more of a choice for members and it looks aesthetically better. It'll show how PC as a forum is Open, Very Friendly, and Very Diverse.

I don't think that looks aesthetically better at all, to tell you the truth. And if anything, I think it makes it more complicated. :( I think what Audy added earlier is just fine. It gets the point across, and if that person wants to express their subcategory of genderqueer or transgender, they can do so in their about me or any thread that brings up the subject.

Nihilego

[color=#95b4d4]ユービーゼロイチ パラサイト[/color]
Years
Would I be a total bigot for saying that I think it's fine just letting transgender people pick the gender that they identify with? I mean, someone who is MtF for example... is female as far as any of us are concerned. :/

droomph

weeb
Years
Would I be a total bigot for saying that I think it's fine just letting transgender people pick the gender that they identify with? I mean, someone who is MtF for example... is female as far as any of us are concerned. :/

YES BECAUSE I READ THE WORD BIGOT AND I FREAKED OUT

um I mean this isn't a hookup or childbearing forum or anything so knowing wether you have sperm or eggs in your crotch-thing doesn't really concern any of us (until you get to the PMs and the chats yeah, but that's not what our main goal here at PC is).

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
Couldn't agree more. I couldn't really understand why new fields were added since when you're transgender I always assumed you would still classify as male or female based on what you see yourself as, but I'm giving the benefit of the doubt that I'm wrong here. It just seems like making a big deal out of something that's perfectly normal, like calling it out as something to focus on? But yeah, either what we currently have or (an 'Other' option) should work fine if there is actually a need for it.

droomph

weeb
Years
And not to mention in a few days there's gonna be a "parent" that's going to "freak out" over our "uncouth" behavior by adding in transgender just now.

damn it guys I thought you were better than that just to feed the trolls

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen yesterday

This.

I mean, I just don't see why this is relevant. Just leave the options as male or female. If they aren't happy with the options, they don't have to choose. I just don't see why this is relevant on a Pokemon forum. I mean, I am not against transgender people in any way, but I've never been to a forum where its a option.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 12, 2024
I agree with the above. Over complication is just that, overcomplicated. Bobandbill brought up the "other" option. I think, if this does become a thing, that would be the best choice. Or maybe even "Other : _____" (type in your own).

Although, I see that being abused more than used properly, but that's just me.

Back