• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Nuzlocke Challenge

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
OKAY so let's try this once more! This time, I'm pseudo doing this challenge with Chase. (Castform). Basically we're both doing our nuzlockes together, and at the end we'll have a final battle.

Username: Ravio
Game: X
Optional Rules:
-nicknames
-shiny clause
-pokeballs only
-no super training
-dupes clause
-battle style set

Update number 1! Woke up for my journey... at 9 pm! Party hard all night, sleep all day, I guess. Let Chase pick me nickname, which was T-bone (mine for him is much better). Got a froakie and named him Chase. Went on through the routes, no casualties and picked up Olli the Pidgey, Sector the Panpour and Twihiki the Fletchling. Got to Santalune and finally got rid of those ugly sunglasses, and bought myself a new hat. On route 22, I encountered Patchouli the Dunsparce. 4 gusts from Olli and two potions later, Viola was defeated. Went on to Route 4 and encountered a Skitty who I named Woohoo.

656.png
pidgey.gif
panpour.gif
661.png
dunsparce.gif
skitty.gif

Sirfetch’d

First X Nuzlocke attempt woo! Gonna beat Tom in the end but he doesn't know it yet ;)

Name: Castform
Game: X
Optional Rules:
-nicknames
-shiny clause
-pokeballs only
-no super training
-dupes clause
-battle style set

Woke up at 8! Didn't oversleep like some people^. Started my journey and let Tom pick my nickname which is Honeyboo-boo :(. He picked out Honeybooboo but lol GF censored boob! Started with Froakie and named him Tom. Went ahead and caught a Fletchling and named it Katarina before entering Santalune forest where I caught Riven the Panpour. On the next route I defeated my encounter which was a Dunsparce but that's ok! Went on and caught Viegar the Azurill before beating Viola really easily with Tom and Katarina. On route 4 I also caught a Skitty and named it Derkles!

The team:
froakie.gif
fletchling.gif
panpour.gif
azurill.gif
skitty.gif

Years
So this was an eventful update! I got a lot of progress, even I'm just about halfway to the second gym, but whatever! Okay so after last update, I finally got to Lumiose city, and picked up a female Charmander, who I named Nica! I also finally got a better haircut, and then finished the Lumiose stuff. On route 5... I got a furfrou (WOO!) who I named Wolf (furfrous are surprisngly godlike).

Once at Camphrier, I did the storyline stuff and headed onto route 6. I was really hoping I would get an awesome honedge or espurr, and to my luck I got... a sentret. I named him Derps and did the Parfum Palace stuff. After, while I was grinding up my team on route 6 (Volbeat is still just as annoying by the way) both Nica the charmander and Chase the froakie evolved! AND I then ran into a shiny.... sentret! I named her Sophie and was going to use her... but I found out she has the worst possible nature for a furret haha. Keepin her on my team for that bling though! (go shiny clause!)

Continued on to route 7, and quickly realized I was not going to catch the snorlax with 2 pokeballs, so after trying I killed it. In the connecting cave, however, I ran into an awesome meditite who I named Aurora. And on route 8, I ran into a Bagon but Wolf the furfrou's tackle critted and killed it. Oh well! Now I'm at Ambrette town, and hopefully I'll have a helioptile soon!

Current Team:
Spoiler:

Box:
Spoiler:

Dead:
Spoiler:

Sirfetch’d

Update 2 time! Started on Route 4 where I caught my Skitty yesterday and decided to go on to the next city and get my Bulbasaur from the professor before trainin on the route. Beat him easily but Riven the Panpour had to be used as a meat shield ): Got Bulba and started to train on route 4 where Tom and Katarina both evloved before going to route 5! My encounter there was a Gulpin whom I named Twitch. On route 6 I was hoping to see a Honedge but instead a Venipede jumped out of nowhere so I caught her and named it Caitlyn. Did the palace tasks and then went to route 7 where I got my Snorlax named Malphite! Connecting cave gave me Shyvana the Axew but a bad natured one ): Route 8 took a while for an encounter but I found a Drifloon named Corkie! Saving at Ambrette town for now! :D

The party:
snorlax.gif
venipede.gif
drifloon.gif
frogadier.gif
ivysaur.gif
fletchinder.gif

Boxed: Gulpin, Skitty, Azurill, Axew

Dead: Panpour

BaroNight

Chaos Incarnate
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Sep 18, 2014
2nd Update:
Spoiler:

Badges:
Spoiler:

Screenshots:
Spoiler:

My team:
Spoiler:

Boxed out:
Spoiler:

Valhalla:
Spoiler:

New update:
I finished it already. Will detail it further tomorrow later.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Jan 5, 2018
sad news... who knew bibarrel was so fast?

ok, so I was looking for unown's hidden power type, and I figured it was grass. unown was heavily gamaged, however.

I tried to run. I got "can't escape" and the bibarrel nearly KO'd me.

I switched to shellos (used the nickname so much I forgot it's read name, had to look it up), predicting water gun, but got rollout. this nearly KO'd my fiery once, so I was scared.

tried to run twice, failed both, rollout hit both :O

I had to switch. shellos couldn't take another hit.

I switched to luxio, who was high leveled and at full HP.

bibarrel hit with rollout 4th time and crit. it didn't survive...

NOOOOOOO

I still couldn't run.

I sent out unown. If I could loose any member of the team, that's it.

by sheer luck, I ran.

I got my staravia back from the box (temp deposited it for unown), put luxio in the death box (I'm sorry!) and took a ponyta out.

Gogoat Rocks!

The Hype is Real
Years
Username: Gogoat Rocks!
Game: Ruby
Optional Rules:
Spoiler:

BaroNight

Chaos Incarnate
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Sep 18, 2014
Final Update:
Finished the Victory Road along with the "strong Trainer from Petalburg" and with Repel on, since I don't want to catch Pokemon anymore. Haha.

Made changes with move sets, etc. Also used the move Covet to its full efficiency (Spell Tag, Dragon Fang, and Black Belt, get!!). Afterwards, when I felt that I'm ready, I went to the Pokemon League to challenge the Elite Four and the Champion.

Here is the summary of the fights that occurred:

Spoiler:

And yey, I'm done!

My Team/Honor Roll:
Spoiler:

MVP:
Spoiler:

LVP:
Spoiler:

Screenshots:
Spoiler:

Boxed out:
Spoiler:

Valhalla:
Spoiler:

Last edited:

The Sceptile King

Just came back from a break!
Years
Username: The Sceptile King
Game: Fire Red
Optional Rules: Dupes Clause

Ill tackle this challenge with this
optional rule, each area (Mt. Moon, Victory Road, Etc...) count as one place, so no getting pokemon from both Mt. Moon B1 and B2. I'll also be doing this on Fire Red!

Episode 1: New Beginnings

Ill make a brief recap of what happens

Brief Recap -
Spoiler:

Team -
Spoiler:

Box
Spoiler:

Last edited:

Sandslash Fan

Spikey Boi
Years
Username: Superstrength79
Character Name: Casey
female.gif

Game: Pokemon Y
Optional Rules:
- Must nickname all Pokemon
- Battle style is SET
- No Super Training (EVs can be earned only by battling wild Pokemon and trainer battles. EV bags are ok as long as the Pokemon found it.)
- No Pokeaime
- Dupes Clause

Current Team:
- Blossom (Vileplume, Calm, Chlorophyll, Black Sludge) LVL 54 - Dazzling Gleam/Petal Dance/Giga Drain/Cut
- Beatty (Cubone, Lax, Lightning Rod, Rocky Helmet) LVL 54 - Bone Rush/Swords Dance/Headbutt/Rock Tomb
- Aurora (Aurorus, Gentle, Refrigerate, Leftovers) LVL 53 - Ancient Power/Charge Beam/Frost Breath/Return
- Lil' Boo (Pumpkaboo, Bold, Frisk, Lucky Egg) LVL 39 - Shadow Sneak/Leech Seed/Bullet Seed/Shadow Ball
- Frosty (Beartic, Adamant, Metronome) LVL 43 - Icicle Crash/Superpower/Aqua Jet/Surf
- Cally (Lapras, Docile, Water Absorb) LVL 44 - Rock Smash/Strength/Surf/Ice Beam

Storage:
Spoiler:

R.I.P.
Spoiler:

Update #9

Frost Cavern:

Caught a Beartic and named it Frosty. Went back to town to check it out, since I caught it on my very first steps in the cave, and found that it was Adamant! Put it in my party. Used two Heart Scales to teach him Superpower and Aqua Jet.

Was fighting one of the Ace Trainers and lost Punchy to a Marowak. I *should* have switched to Blossom, but for some reason I thought I'd be able to take one Ground move, but the Marowak hit all 5 times on its Bone Rush :(

Finished the rest of the cave and gained some levels on my main team. Losing Punchy sucked, but the challenge should be more interesting now that I don't currently have any Pokemon that can mega-evolve.

Hopefully the first Pokemon I encounter on the ice path (w/e it's called) is a Snover!

Last edited:

Gogoat Rocks!

The Hype is Real
Years
Optional Rules:
Spoiler:

I got my first pokemon from professor Burch, defeated my rival & helped Wally catch his ralts.
On my way to Petalburg woods.

I've decided to call my Pokemon names from the movies made by Studio Ghibli :D

Team:
Spoiler:

Boxed:
Spoiler:

R.I.P:
Spoiler:

Last edited:

Nohr

Long-time Trainer
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Nov 24, 2016
Sign me up for Pokémon FireRed! I'm doing a video series of my playthrough of it too, so as a type of video journal for this thread I'll put the videos here, too, if I can get the youtube button to work for this forum...

Next episode will be out in a couple days!

Gaaaah, why aren't the video links with the youtube boxes around them working?

Sandslash Fan

Spikey Boi
Years
female.gif

Optional Rules:
- Battle style is SET
- No Super Training (EVs can be earned only by battling wild Pokemon and trainer battles. EV bags are ok as long as the Pokemon found it.)
- No Pokeaime
- Dupes Clause

Current Team:
- Blossom (Vileplume, Calm, Chlorophyll, Black Sludge) LVL 55 - Dazzling Gleam/Petal Dance/Giga Drain/Cut
- Beatty (Cubone, Lax, Lightning Rod, Rocky Helmet) LVL 56 - Bone Rush/Swords Dance/Headbutt/Rock Tomb
- Lil' Boo (Pumpkaboo, Bold, Frisk, Eviolite) LVL 42 - Shadow Sneak/Pain Split/Bullet Seed/Shadow Ball
- Quacklin' (Farfetch'd, Jolly, Keen Eye) LVL 54 - Night Slash/Air Slash/Fly/Air Cutter
- Thumper (Steelix, Impish, Rock Head, Hard Stone) LVL 54 - Iron Tail/Stone Edge/Bulldoze/Double-Edge
- Dodger (Absol, Calm, Super Luck, Lucky Egg) LVL 39 - Aerial Ace/Swords Dance/Payback/Future Sight

Storage:
Spoiler:

R.I.P.
Spoiler:

Update #10

Route 17:

Actually caught a Snover! Named it Lucky, since that's the Pokemon I was hoping for. Modest nature, which doesn't seem bad. At least I was able to use the mega-evolution after feeding it a Rare Candy.

Got all of the items and just skipped the flying trainers (since I couldn't fight them).

Anistar City:

Beat Calem without much effort. Then proceeded to take on the gym. I had to go back to the Pokemon Center and switch out some party members after almost losing Lil' Boo and Blossom on the first trainer. Pulled out Quacklin', Thumper, and Dodger. Taught Thumper the Payback move again, and he sweeped the gym except for the last Pokemon on Olympia, which I switched into Dodger. Slowking apparently didn't have any other attacks besides Psychic, so I was able to setup Swords Dance and Payback (healing the occasional Yawn) and taking him out in one shot.

Left the gym and the Team Flare event need to be taken care of, so I switched my team around again and took off to Lumiose City.

Cafe Flare:

Beat the two disguised minions without much effort. Then I faced Lysandre! He killed Frosty, Aurora, and Lucky. He almost destroyed Beatty and Blossom as well.... I thought my Nuzlocke was over :(

Finally took out his Murkrow and went back to the Pokemon Center. Put the newly dead in the dead-box and now Thumper (sans Payback for Bulldoze again), Quacklin', and Dodger are once again on the team.

I was really looking forward to using Aurora and Frosty too... well, Lucky as well, since I wanted to see what kind of damage a Modest Abomasnow could do with Frost Breath :)

Gogoat Rocks!

The Hype is Real
Years
Optional Rules:
Spoiler:

Defeated the first gym. easy as pie.
got Peeko back and went to challenge the second gym. no problem thanks to Nausicaa (Ralts) :)
Found Steven and now on my way to Slatport City
Team:
Spoiler:

Boxed:
Spoiler:

R.I.P:
Spoiler:

Years
I'm doing a Pokemon Wedlocke Challenge on my Youtube Channel.

Name: Matzeho
Game: Platinum
(I couldn't find any Wedlocke challenge here; so is it ok if I post it here?)
If you don't know what a Wedlocke is then check out my part 0 or check out the famous Youtuber Marriland.

Sandslash Fan

Spikey Boi
Years
female.gif

Optional Rules:
- Battle style is SET
- No Pokeaime
- Dupes Clause

Current Team:
- Blossom (Vileplume, Calm, Chlorophyll, Black Sludge) LVL 61 - Dazzling Gleam/Hidden Power (Fighting)/Giga Drain/Venoshock
- Lil' Boo (Pumpkaboo, Bold, Frisk, Eviolite) LVL 57 - Shadow Sneak/Pain Split/Seed Bomb/Flamethrower
- Quacklin' (Farfetch'd, Jolly, Keen Eye, Sky Plate) LVL 61 - Night Slash/Brave Bird/Fly/Air Cutter
- Thumper (Steelix, Impish, Rock Head, Rocky Helmet) LVL 62 - Iron Tail/Stone Edge/Bulldoze/Double-Edge
- Dodger (Absol, Calm, Super Luck, Black Glasses) LVL 56 - Night Slash/Rock Smash/Psycho Cut/Detect
- Paula (Slowbro, Careful, Oblivious, Leftovers) LVL 55 - Psychic/Trick Room/Surf/Slack Off

Storage:
Spoiler:

R.I.P.
Spoiler:

Update #11

Cafe Flare/Lysandre Labs (continued):

After losing three Pokemon, I slowly worked my way through Cafe Flare. I did well until I was challenged my Team Flare Mable. Beatty was doing a good job of absorbing the Flamethrower attacks, but I made a mistake by using Swords Dance, not realizing Houndoom knew Foul Play. The jerk. Cleared out the rest of the labs and went back to town to put Beatty in the dead-box.

In town I put all of my level 50+ Pokemon into the bank and grabbed three replacements - Dodger, Paula, and Fiona. I grinded out some levels for them until they were around level 50+ I also flew to Anistar, thinking I could pick up Flamethrower, but realized it was the time-sensitive NPC that hands it out. I ended up buying Focus Blast.

Team Flare Secret Headquarters:

Took my new team to the HQ and did rather well on the whole run. Paula is really what the team needed; Water-type could laugh at the Fire Pokemon all day. I alternated between her having Focus Blast and Trick Room.

Captured Yveltal to transfer to my Pokemon X when the bank opens. Used it to beat Lysandre, then boxed it. I repeated this process a few times so I could get a neutral nature on it.

Anistar City:

Flew back to Anistar City and I'm going to take a break for a while.

BaroNight

Chaos Incarnate
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Sep 18, 2014
Once again, I'm bored so I'll register again.
Name: Chaos
Game: Pokemon White 2
Optional Rules:
Spoiler:

Update:
Spoiler:

Badges:
Spoiler:

Party:
Spoiler:

In the box:
Spoiler:

Valhalla:
Spoiler:

Screenshots:
Spoiler:

Years
  • Seen Mar 18, 2021
Hello, just posting to say I failed miserably in my quest to beat the Nuzlocke in Blue Version. My Wartortle died in Mt. Moon as well as my Magikarp to a Lv. 16 fricking Raticate. I tried to catch a Bellsprout, and succeeded, until it died as well on Route 25. It was just my Butterfree and a derpy Lv. 13 Pidgey I caught against Misty, and... I think you guys know what happened. Anyways, take me off the list, I failed really badly.

BaroNight

Chaos Incarnate
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Sep 18, 2014
I forgot to add that this is done in Challenge Mode. Haha. And I had lots of free time. For now. Anyway..

2nd Update:
Spoiler:

Badges:
Spoiler:

Party:
Spoiler:

In the box:
Spoiler:

Valhalla:
Spoiler:

Screenshots:
Spoiler:

The Undisputed Era

Shock the System.
Years
Username: Dark Leader Adam
Character Name: Adam
Game: Pokemon Fuligan
Optional Rules:
Spoiler:

Current Party:
002.gif

Effy
Level 30 - Jolly - Effect Spore
Sludge Bomb - Sleep Powder - Vine Whip - Leech Seed.

162.gif

Jewels
Level 27 - Docile - Keen Eye
Quick Attack - Cut - Theif - Defense Curl

057.gif

Pip
Level 28 - Quirky - Vital Spirit
Karate Chop - Rock Tomb - Mega Kick - Leer

271.gif

Fiesta
Level 28 - Serious - Swift Swim
Bullet Seed - Astonish - Fake Out - Water Pulse

Boxed Pokemon:
Odd Fish (Oddish), Joey (Rattata), Bonni (Ekans), Wiffy (Bellsprout), Poppy (Seedot), Fes (Meowth)

Deaths:
Chicka (Beautifly) @ Level 24 to a Primeape.
Chocobo (Pidgeotto) @ Level 25 to a Heracross.
Rolo (Graveler) @ Level 29 to a Seviper.
Peckers (Fearow) @ Level 27 to a Ariados.

- Chose Bulbasaur as my starter, named him Effy. (Alora Town)
- Defeated my brother KAZ and his level 7 Dratini.
- Route 1 encounter was a Sentret (Level 3), named her Jewels.
- Route 2 encounter was a Mankey (level 3), named her Pip.
- Trained all my pokemon up to level 10.
- Route 3 encounter was a Rattata (Level 5), named him Joey.
- Beat the Reinbort Gym.
- Buggy Forest encounter was a Wurmple (Level 6), named her Chicka.
- Chicka evolved into a Silcoon (Woop Woop) :p
- Route 4 encounter was a Oddish (Level 8), named him Odd Fish.
- Route 5 encounter was a Lotad (Level 11), named her Fiesta.
- Chicka evolved into Beautifly.
- Effy evolved into Ivysaur.
- Jewels evolved into Furret.
- Fiesta evolved into Lombre.
- Crater Cave encounter was a Geodude, named her Rolo.
- Route 6 encounter was a Pidgey, named him Chocobo.
- Route 7 encounter was a Hoothoot, named her Patron.
- Went back to Xero City and beat the gym leader Amber.
- Route 8 encounter was a Electrike, named him Sparky.
- Chicka died to the Wardens Primeape.
- Chocobo the Pidgey joins the team.
- Trained Chocobo to a respectable level evolving in training to a Pidgeotto.
- Added Rolo the Geodude to the team after finding out what type of pokemon the 3rd gym uses.
- Trained until Rolo became a Graveler.
- Beat Brox City gym leader Jimmy.
- Route 9 encounter was an Abra, it got away :(.
- Route 10 encounter was a Ekans, named her Bonni.
- Route 11 encounter was a Spearow, named him Peckers.
- Route 12 encounter was a Bellsprout, named her Wiffy.
- Pip evolved into a Primeape.
- Chocobo died to Kaz's (Brother's) Heracross.
- Peckers (Spearow) joins the team.
- Trained up Peckers until he evolved into a Fearow.
- Route 13 encounter was a Seedot, named her Poppy.
- Route 14 encounter was a Meowth, named Him Fes.
- Rolo died to Gio's Seviper.
- Peckers died to Gio's Ariados.
- Sparky and Patron (Electrike and Hoothoot) Join the team.

Screenshots of my playthrough:
Spoiler:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back