• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Jun 24, 2009
Has anyone ever replaced diamond and pearl graphics with fire reds? if so, how is it done? thanks

Yummeh.Strawberriez

Mapper/OW Spriter (:
Years
Has anyone ever replaced diamond and pearl graphics with fire reds? if so, how is it done? thanks
You mean replacing the DPPt tiles with GBA Tiles?
I'm not sure anybodies ever done that, in theory, it's possible, but i'm clueless as to how.

I had a battle with gary so it showed me his messed up sprite instead of charmender,before that I saw a messed up sqirtle,and before that I saw a messsed up girugamesh!

Hey onyx79,
Look, it seems the problem is that you imported the Gary sprite OVER the Charmander sprite, correct?
Well, that's fine, but it looks like the Gary sprite still has the Charmander palette,
You must have done everything right to have the image there, but you didn't replace the sprites palette when you replaced the image.
The only thing i can suggest, is import the Gary sprite over a different Pokemon,
And then click 'write to rom'
Then in the box, tick the top two, 'import image' and the 'auto abort if the file is too big'.
Then if it writes with no problems, click it again, but this time, untick 'import image'
And tick 'import palette'.
If that doesn't work, then i'm out of ideas, i'm not brilliant at importing sprites, but i manage alright.
Hope i helped.
YummehStrawberriez

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen May 21, 2022
What's the UNLZ palette for 1485 in Ruby for the Types ? Because I want to edit the ??? type into a Light type.

onyx79

Red Dead Revolver
Years
YummehStrawberriez - I dont want gary I want magmortar I just said that it shows you the last sprite you've seen but messed up if you saw a gary sprite it will show gary messed up and if saw a pidgey sprite it will show a nessed up pidgey that's what it does,and I put a video on youtube of how I insert the image

School days again...
Years
YummehStrawberriez - I dont want gary I want magmortar I just said that it shows you the last sprite you've seen but messed up if you saw a gary sprite it will show gary messed up and if saw a pidgey sprite it will show a nessed up pidgey that's what it does,and I put a video on youtube of how I insert the image

Maybe the problem is your rom...
Try using a clean rom
--------------------------------
I have a question, when changing the palettes at A-Map, how can I change the palette of the house and the pokemon center below:

dphouse.png
93743682.png

Kyledove's Wesley FG's

The palette is unexact if you scroll the bar in A-Map when changing the palettes.

Last edited:

Tropical Sunlight

The Faltine
Years
Maybe the problem is your rom...
Try using a clean rom

I have a question, when changing the palettes at A-Map, how can I change the palette of the house below:

dphouse.png

The palette is unexact if you scroll the bar in A-Map when changing the palettes.
I don't quite understand what you mean...

School days again...
Years
I don't quite understand what you mean...

I mean the roof's palette is 118, 143, 182. So you need to change the palette in A-Map into that palette. In A-Map, when you scroll it to 112, next is 120. My question is can I change the palette into 118?

A bit confusing isn't it?

Logan

[img]http://pldh.net/media/pokecons_action/403.gif
Years
Call me a noob,but
Hey,how do u insert an OW with my custom pallets?
i cant insert an OW,cause evrytime i save it as A .Bmp form,the color changes.its dull.

Just save it as 24 Colour bitmap, that should be enough. Then when you index it save it as windows bitmap and all should be fine.

Tropical Sunlight

The Faltine
Years
I mean the roof's palette is 118, 143, 182. So you need to change the palette in A-Map into that palette. In A-Map, when you scroll it to 112, next is 120. My question is can I change the palette into 118?

Oh. That.
Idk about that, I just leave it.
Btw if it's only 2 diference, maybe you shouldn't bother.

Banjora Marxvile

hOI!!!!!! i'm tEMMIE!!
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen yesterday

You can't have it exact. Advance Map rounds the pallettes to the nearest 8, so you need to use 120, 144 and 184

Logan

[img]http://pldh.net/media/pokecons_action/403.gif
Years
how do i change the professor sprite in ruby or sapphire like in pokemon crono or pokemon narajia

You can change it with the tool called OWRE by HackMew. This is for the OW's, and there are many tuts on changing sprites in unlz.gba in the tuts section.

Vednix

:D
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Dec 13, 2010
Call me a noob,but
Hey,how do u insert an OW with my custom pallets?
i cant insert an OW,cause evrytime i save it as A .Bmp form,the color changes.its dull.

If you get Overworld Editor RE (search for this), you can import your sprite (16 bit colour depth btw) over the overworld sprite you wanna change. it also has a tickbox for "import pallette), which will fix the pallette messing up. however, it needs to be in 16 bit colour depth.

Doom Chaos

I don't have a title
Years
I don't know how to add an item with Advance Map. How? (and what's the script for it (a potion by example)).
Also, I can't save my edited sprites with Overworld Editor RE, why?

Last edited:
Years
I don't know how to add an item with Advance Map. How? (and what's the script for it (a potion by example). Also, I can't save my edited sprites with Overworld Editor RE, why?

If you want a hidden item script (i.e. the grass tile with a black shadow), then make a signpost event, and in the dropdown list entitled Signpost Type, select the option 05 Hidden Item. Then, in the dropdown list called Item ID, select your item (i.e FULL HEAL (0017). Finally, in the Amount box, type in the quantity of items given (i.e. 01). His save on A-Map and your done! As for the OWERE, I'm not so sure...

Doom Chaos

I don't have a title
Years
Err, what I meant is when you walk around, you might find a Pokeball (item) on the way. You press A to pick it up, it adds the item to your inventory and the item on the map dissapears. Sorry if I wasn't clear. :/

Years
I beleive the script is this:
Spoiler:

* = The Item's Value in Hex.
** = The Quantity of the item(s).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back