• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Request a Moveset / Simple Q&A / Breeding Questions

S+M staff are great

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

• Maybe

• Total voters

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen yesterday
Hippowdon really needs Slack Off, there is 0 reason not to use it. Put it over Roar or Toxic.

252 HP / 168 Def / 88 Sp.Def with an Impish Nature are my preferred Hippowdon Evs. They let you take physical and special hits extremely well and let you Slack Off the damage and maximise its bulk. Though dont keep it in on super effective hits.

Edit:
Also Smooth Rock is useless as Sandstream is permanent, use Leftovers.

deoxys121

White Kyurem Cometh
Years
I currently have an Eelektrik at level 41, and want to ask if it would be better off knowing Thunderbolt or Wild Charge for a damaging Electric-type move. It currently has 84 Atk and 78 Sp. Atk. It has a Serious nature. (I know NOTHING about natures). I just want to know, given the situation, which would be more damaging.

Vrai

can you feel my heart?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Oct 24, 2022
I currently have an Eelektrik at level 41, and want to ask if it would be better off knowing Thunderbolt or Wild Charge for a damaging Electric-type move. It currently has 84 Atk and 78 Sp. Atk. It has a Serious nature. (I know NOTHING about natures). I just want to know, given the situation, which would be more damaging.

Its nature is Serious, which has no stat alterations at all. Basically it comes down to IVs and Base Power; since I don't know your IVs but they look similar-ish? (correct me plz if i'm wrong) but I think you should go for Thunderbolt since it doesn't do recoil damage and has a higher Base Power.

firebolt12

pokemon Master
Years
  • Seen Jan 27, 2012

Wait the first part makes no sense, Leftovers cannot heal Life orb recoil? D: Because they're both hold items, unless you meant move recoil.

Yes it does make sense.It is either or.
1 Leftovers to recover move recoil, got it?
2Life orb to add damage.
You can go to ways with this.
Life orb and have morning sun, or
Leftovers and more damage recoil moves.
2 choices. It does make sense.
The person knows a pokemon can't hold two items. I was just giving two options and reasoning. Read carefully, my friend!

Anyway a good Arcanine set would be this;

Arcanine @Choice Band/Choice Scarf
EVs: 6 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Adamant/Jolly Nature
Ability: Intimidate/Flash Fire
-Flare Blitz
-Close Combat
-Wild Charge
-Extremespeed

That's his Choice item set, or there's this one;

Arcanine @Life Orb
EVs: 148 Atk / 124 SAtk / 252 Spd
Rash/Naive Nature
Ability: Intimidate/Flash Fire
-Fire Blast
-Close Combat
-Extremespeed/Wild Charge/Hidden Power [Ice]
-Morning Sun

Enjoy. :3
Extreme speed is very weak, and unless you sacrifice FIRE STAB, you will have too many weaknesses in the sets

firebolt12

pokemon Master
Years
  • Seen Jan 27, 2012
Musharna Set

I bred some Calm munna with baton pass. I don't know what to give it! Leftovers? Sitrus Berry? Or Quick Claw?
Here's the movesets:
Calm mind- This will be passed on, and add to its survivability
Baton Pass- main passing role.
Substitute- High defenses, and Hp, so I thought this would be good. Also prevents some damage due to terrible speed
psychic
- to prevent total shut down from taunt sets. If I'm faced with a dark type with taunt, I'm in big trouble.

I will evolve into musharna

Is this worth it? Is this okay? Which ability?

I'm not sure what to max out for the EV Sets
Possible: 252Hp 159 or something in DF and SPDf. or I could max out DF and SPD.

Gymnotide

8377 | Scorpaeniform
Years
Does anyone know if Haze / Aromatherapy / Heal Bell will affect inactive members of a rotation battle? I want to make a rotation team and I'm debating putting Haze on Cofagrigus.

If it does affect inactive members, then Haze would definitely be an important move since inactive members don't lose their stat boosts when rotated out... And I don't want Aromatherapy missing on two of my Pokemon when I use it.

I bred some Calm munna with baton pass. I don't know what to give it! Leftovers? Sitrus Berry? Or Quick Claw?
Here's the movesets:
Calm mind- This will be passed on, and add to its survivability
Baton Pass- main passing role.
Substitute- High defenses, and Hp, so I thought this would be good. Also prevents some damage due to terrible speed
psychic
- to prevent total shut down from taunt sets. If I'm faced with a dark type with taunt, I'm in big trouble.

I will evolve into musharna

Is this worth it? Is this okay? Which ability?

I'm not sure what to max out for the EV Sets
Possible: 252Hp 159 or something in DF and SPDf. or I could max out DF and SPD.

Synchronize for singles, Telepathy maybe for doubles / triples (but Synchronize is still good there too). It wants a Leftovers. Sitrus Berry will heal too little and will often be skipped over if you take too much damage at once. Quick Claw does little for that set.

Um, also consider Psyshock over Psychic if you find a problem with dealing with SpDEF-heavy foes on your team.

Max out HP and DEF so that it's optimal. Put the remaining 6 in SpATK or SpDEF (preferably SpDEF). You're going to be boosting your SpDEF anyway, so you want to boost your DEF as much as possible. HP is to make your Subs bigger. Also, SPE EVs for Musharna are pointless since it's so ridiculously slow anyway.

dreyko

Isolated System.
Years
for musharna i would max out the EVs for special def and def and put 4 into HP becuase musharna has naturally high hp
hold item: mental herb ( to counter act the efect of taunt)
ability: telepathy or synchronize to pass status to the enemy.

calm mind
baton pass
trick room
psychic/substitute

musharna are good trick room users. since you hold a mental herb the opponent cant taunt you becuase the taunt will wear off immediatly. this will allow you to set up a trick room which allows the slow pokemon to move first. its very effective if you want to run a trick room team. since you bred it with baton pass you can calm mind to make your spe. defense even higher and you can just baton pass to another poke on your team. psychic is a good STAB move but you can also utilize substitute as well. it depends on if you want to stall and play a highly defensive game or if you would like to infilct some damage.
hope i helped =)

can you all rate my conkeldurr please and give suggestions on moves
nature: adamant
@ big root ( to power up drain punch)
252 attack 252 HP 6 Def

mach punch
drain punch
payback
rock slide

Last edited:

firebolt12

pokemon Master
Years
  • Seen Jan 27, 2012
for musharna i would max out the EVs for special def and def and put 4 into HP becuase musharna has naturally high hp

calm mind
baton pass
trick room
psychic/substitute

musharna are good trick room users. since you hold a mental herb the opponent cant taunt you becuase the taunt will wear off immediatly. this will allow you to set up a trick room which allows the slow pokemon to move first. its very effective if you want to run a trick room team. since you bred it with baton pass you can calm mind to make your spe. defense even higher and you can just baton pass to another poke on your team. psychic is a good STAB move but you can also utilize substitute as well. it depends on if you want to stall and play a highly defensive game or if you would like to infilct some damage.
hope i helped =)

252 attack 252 HP 6 Def

mach punch
drain punch
payback
rock slide
You quick!
If I were to set up trick room, wouldn't that totally make my batonpassed poke, really slow, since I am going to use quite fast pokemon?

Now, your pokemon
adamant nice
@ big root ( to power up drain punch) nice, should work well... Or you could use sitrus berry, choice, or leftovers.
252 attack 252 HP 6 Def fine

mach punch I guess this is fine, since its speed is quite useless!
drain punch works with big root, but you could use hammer arm, or superpower since attack is insane.
payback you will be dead by the time you can use this! (65 base spDF) I recommend bulk up, or earthquake
rock slide stone edge is better, but if you like accuracy over power, then go ahead. You could also use smack down, which is helpful

Over all
I think this pokemon is good but its power isn't fully unleashed. I mean, this pokemon has massive power moves, and a huge attack stat to boot. So yes. I recommend a higher power set.
Also, what is its nature?

Gymnotide

8377 | Scorpaeniform
Years

calm mind
baton pass
trick room
psychic/substitute

hope i helped =)

252 attack 252 HP 6 Def

mach punch
drain punch
payback
rock slide

Mental Herb only benefits Musharna if it's using Trick Room. Otherwise, it's completely useless. If your foe uses Taunt and you use Calm Mind, you get that one Calm Mind off, but nothing is stopping them from using Taunt again next turn to prevent you from using Baton Pass. Substitute can forgo Taunt temporarily, however, but if a Pokemon runs Taunt on this Musharna, it's likely a goner anyway. Furthermore, I still stand that HP is more important than SpDEF to make your Subs bigger.

Anyway, just use Stone Edge over Rock Slide. The power boost + crit boost is better than the flinch (Conkeldurr is too slow to cause a flinch) and the small accuracy boost. Forget Big Root and just go for Leftovers.

You quick!
If I were to set up trick room, wouldn't that totally make my batonpassed poke, really slow, since I am going to use quite fast pokemon?

Now, your pokemon
adamant nice
@ big root ( to power up drain punch) nice, should work well... Or you could use sitrus berry, choice, or leftovers.

drain punch works with big root, but you could use hammer arm, or superpower since attack is insane.
payback you will be dead by the time you can use this! (65 base spDF) I recommend bulk up, or earthquake
rock slide stone edge is better, but if you like accuracy over power, then go ahead. You could also use smack down, which is helpful

Over all
I think this pokemon is good but its power isn't fully unleashed. I mean, this pokemon has massive power moves, and a huge attack stat to boot. So yes. I recommend a higher power set.

Um, Sitrus Berry sucks. Choice Band is what I personally use with my own Conkeldurr, but then you can't use Bulk Up. Payback works fine on Conkeldurr, since most foes will switch in a Ghost-type, expecting Mach Punch. Conkeldurr can also hold his own surprisingly well and fire off Payback at immense strengths. Still, Mach Punch is your main attack--and 70% of what I end up using anyway just because of Conkeldurr's sheer power.

dreyko

Isolated System.
Years
You quick!

Now, your pokemon
adamant nice

Over all

thanks!
youre totally right a trick room would make the rest of yuor team slow i was just unsure if you were going for a slow team or a fast one. id also reccomend spreading pokerus to your munna so that it would gain EV's faster and it will save you time.

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen yesterday
It baffles me as to why you use Musharna to Baton Pass Calm Minds when Espeon outclasses it in every sense of the word thanks to Magic Bouce to lol at PHazers and Taunters.

Gymnotide

8377 | Scorpaeniform
Years
Trick Room doesn't make your Pokemon slower. It just reverses the order of moves in priority brackets. The effect is that faster Pokemon will move after slower Pokemon, but not if they used a priority move (or the foe used a decreased priority move).

Reposting my question to make sure it gets seen:
Does Haze work on inactive foes in rotation battles?

Years
Trick Room doesn't make your Pokemon slower. It just reverses the order of moves in priority brackets. The effect is that faster Pokemon will move after slower Pokemon, but not if they used a priority move (or the foe used a decreased priority move).

Reposting my question to make sure it gets seen:
Does Haze work on inactive foes in rotation battles?

Bulbapedia indicates it works on all pokemon in a double/triple battle. I know that's not your question, but since the pokemon are still considered "on the field" in the sense that they don't lose their boosts, I'm tempted to say it will work in rotation battles on all pokemon.

Best way might be to just test it? Unless someone else here knows definitively.

Edit: And further research, via Serebii, indicates that "The user creates a haze that eliminates every stat change among all the Pokémon engaged in battle." And that it hits every pokemon on the "field." Seems to me it should hit those hidden, or tucked away, pokemon.

Last edited:

Gymnotide

8377 | Scorpaeniform
Years
Bulbapedia indicates it works on all pokemon in a double/triple battle. I know that's not your question, but since the pokemon are still considered "on the field" in the sense that they don't lose their boosts, I'm tempted to say it will work in rotation battles on all pokemon.

Best way might be to just test it? Unless someone else here knows definitively.

Edit: And further research, via Serebii, indicates that "The user creates a haze that eliminates every stat change among all the Pokémon engaged in battle." And that it hits every pokemon on the "field." Seems to me it should hit those hidden, or tucked away, pokemon.

Yeah, I'm just going to test it...
Thing is, the Pokemon rotated out aren't exactly in the field either, though, but they're also not out of it. They're like in a stasis that is unique to rotation battles.

Years
  • Seen Apr 26, 2015
Could this work as a moveset for Dragonite...
Dragonite, Modest Nature (Up Sp Attack, Down Attack)
252 Sp Attack, 252 Speed, 4 HP
Surf
Thunderbolt
Flamethrower
Dragon Pulse

This means that surf, thunderbolt and flamethrower have a base power of 95 and dragon pulse has a base power of 135 (With STAB)
this means that it the moves are super effecitve against 10 of the 17 types and hit Normal Electric Fight Poison Psychic Ghost Dark for neutral?

Years
Is it worth it EV training a Gothita?

I've been thinking about doing the above, but im not completely sure about it, it's final evo (forgot the name) seems like a good pokemon, what do you think i should do?

Vrai

can you feel my heart?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Oct 24, 2022
Could this work as a moveset for Dragonite...
Dragonite, Modest Nature (Up Sp Attack, Down Attack)
252 Sp Attack, 252 Speed, 4 HP
Surf
Thunderbolt
Flamethrower
Dragon Pulse

This means that surf, thunderbolt and flamethrower have a base power of 95 and dragon pulse has a base power of 135 (With STAB)
this means that it the moves are super effecitve against 10 of the 17 types and hit Normal Electric Fight Poison Psychic Ghost Dark for neutral?

A similar and arguably better set would be the rain abuser Dragonite, which runs Surf, Thunder, Gale (hurricane, w/e) and Roost iirc. Without rain to boost its attacks, a special variant of Dragonite is outclassed by a physical one, which hits harder and has Dragon + Fire/Ground coverage and gets to use ExtremeSpeed. I mean, I guess it could "work" but Hydreigon would pull it off better and Dragonite's other sets are much better.

Vrai

can you feel my heart?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Oct 24, 2022
what is a good nature, moveset, and ev spread for eelektross?

Eelecktross can do a lot. XD;
Spoiler:

Back