• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon StarterKit VX Ace

xd465

Trainer of the Blue Flame
Years
What generation is this based off of?
Is it GBA styled?
Or is it DS styled?
Graphics mostly. But also how the
party is going to be set up. Will the
overall gameplay be GBA or DS?
Just a few questions to ask so that I know
that I can support this. To let you know,
I haven't seen your kit yet, that's another
reason why I'm asking these questions.
Well anyways, I hope it really works out.
I love ACE and what it's capable of.

Years
What generation is this based off of?
Is it GBA styled?
Or is it DS styled?
Graphics mostly. But also how the
party is going to be set up. Will the
overall gameplay be GBA or DS?
Just a few questions to ask so that I know
that I can support this. To let you know,
I haven't seen your kit yet, that's another
reason why I'm asking these questions.
Well anyways, I hope it really works out.
I love ACE and what it's capable of.

It's in the style of Black/White, but it will be "Single Screen".
The party will not be set up by using the Database, as that'd be way too complicated, especially for new starters.

I love Ace too! In fact, I've Pre-Ordered it, and I'm able to get it tommorow, super excited! :D

xd465

Trainer of the Blue Flame
Years
It's in the style of Black/White, but it will be "Single Screen".
The party will not be set up by using the Database, as that'd be way too complicated, especially for new starters.

I love Ace too! In fact, I've Pre-Ordered it, and I'm able to get it tommorow, super excited! :D

B/W! Yes! Just what I like.
So, basically the menu, party selection, bag selection, trainer card, ect.
will be in B/W style? Cause if that's true, that would be AWESOME.

mineox100

Hey.
Years
Yay! RPG Maker VX Ace rules! And so do you and this starter kit!
When this come out, I'll be the first to download it. Maybe I'll pre-order the starter kit. XD

guitargodd97

Video Game Creator
Years
Has work resumed on this? I'm really pumped about this whole thing. Got a whole story and everything.

Rayquaza.

Lead Dev in Pokémon Order and Chaos
Years
Not until CNGs released his '(link removed)Reining Darkness' Alpha demo. Then work on this will resume.

Last edited by a moderator:
Years
As Rayquaza said, work will resume on this when Reigning Darkness has it's first demo in 10 weeks time! Might even be 9 by now.

June 4th is the release date for the demo, then i'll start working on this again!

Years
  • Seen Mar 28, 2012
Wow! You have a great amount of people helping you out on your project I am just a single girl trying to make my own game too. :)
Excited for your release~ go go team!

Years
Heh, actually, it's only me working on this!
I sort of have a release, it's not useable, but it has the basic structure of things.

Title, Menu, Mouse etc.

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Aug 31, 2023
what sort of features are you planning for this project and what features are planned for the 1st demo

Years
Features, well, everything.
It is a starterkit after all :D

I plan to finish the summary, and pokemon selection screens before the first demo.

KingCharizard

C++ Developer Extraordinaire
Years
I'm curious CNG why cant you work on both, I know RD is very important but does it have to require all your time. Get this completed and Pdev might get alot more members

Years
Because i've had multiple projects before.
When you have more than one, one of them tends to grab your attention, and the others get sidelined alltogether.

So i'm learning from past mistakes here :D

Years
  • Seen Jul 29, 2012
I'm curious CNG why cant you work on both, I know RD is very important but does it have to require all your time. Get this completed and Pdev might get alot more members

I think RD will get Pdev more active, too... The Ace kit isn't the only thing that can attract people.

Also, I might be wrong but I don't think you care about Pdev enough to give priority to PDev's member count above having the Ace kit in your possession.
Don't start flaming me if I'm wrong, but this is how I feel about your reply.

Back