• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Fishing

Years
  • Seen Dec 23, 2020
Is it only me who really struggles with fishing on this game, I haven't done fishing a whole lot since the days of the R/B/Y and G/S/C games but I don't understand why they have made it difficult. I just can't master the timing of it, just spent ten minutes fishing, only battled one Pokemon :(

Alexander Nicholi

what do you know about computing?
Years
I was introduced to fishing (and Pokémon in general) with Emerald, so I should probably fish in my Yellow version to see how much easier it supposedly is!

Still though, it is a difficult and challenging task, particularly with that darned Feebas...

Deceit

Toxic.
Years
I could never land any Pokemon while fishing, so I just gave up on it. I spent so much time just staring at my screen waiting for my rod to move, and I would still miss it. I think my eyes hurt a lot after fishing...

Kotowari

Will be back eventually
Years
I'm too impatient for RSE fishing... It works on the GBA, but once I'm ROMing, it's so tempting to press the space bar all the time... resulting in me not landing one fish (not that I needed one for the challenge). I also never found a Feebas. \o/ Let me just say that, although I guess it's a bit more of a more realistic touch, but it is a bit annoying compared to the easier fishing in other games.

pikakitten

You met with a terrible fate
Years
I don't really fish as it's unnecessary for me, however when I try it takes forever to find anything, then forever to reel anything, then forever to find what you want, then catch it xD Fishing = Not my thing xD

Back