• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

I need some help....

Ranthe

FIRE!
Years
Hey everyone. Well, it's my first time here in the Writer's Lounge, and, um....

*earsplitting scream*

Okay, now that that's out of the way.... My friend and I are writing a Pokemon fanfiction together, and I plan to post it here in Fanfiction and Writing. But we're not sure if one of the ideas we have for the fic (and it's an IMPORTANT IDEA for it) will offend anyone. So please please please give some feedback here!!!

Here it is: The fic has two main characters. One is a necromancer (Not too sure about that one either, so as always, feedback is appreciated) and the other is a witch. The latter is the one that has me worried. Now, our idea for her is half-Got It Out of a Book and half-Harry Potter. Keep in mind that she is good-hearted and has only everyone's best interests at heart. Her powers and that of the necromancer's are very important to the plotline and if they (the powers) should be removed, the fic would be dead.

Please give us some feedback here because we really don't want to offend anyone in any way (hence my scream back there)!

Giratina ♀

what's your sign?
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Jul 23, 2013
Well, it's entirely up to the reader if they're offended by necromancy or witchcraft. However, considering this is a forum centering around dream-eating tapirs and deer who created the universe... I think you'd be safe, as long as you handed the subject matter tastefully and don't use it as an instant get-out-of-bad-situation-free pass.

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen yesterday
If you're terribly horribly horrifically worried, just make a little note before your first chapter/prologue saying that this fic contains witchcraft of a fantastical sense and necromancy. That way, people go in with an idea of what the fic contains, and people who are offended can back out of there.

Besides, it's as Giratina said, this is a forum based on a franchise that has magic of it's own (there is a canon witch from the anime I can think of) and other fantasy elements. I think you're covered. But the little note can cover your bases completely.

Ranthe

FIRE!
Years
Thank you so much, Astinus and Giratina! I think I will leave a note at the beginning before the prologue/first chapter. Again, thanks!

Back