• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Pokémon] ~>{*Shiny Hunters Club}<~

Years
  • Seen Jul 24, 2013
Congrats on the Mudkip, Duskull and any shinies I missed.

Well I've taken a short break from hatching eggs and I'm currently SRing for shiny Turtwig in my other copy of Platinum. I've kinda neglected my SR shiny targets in favour of hatching eggs, so I figured I'd change that :P.

I have also spent a lot more time SRing for shiny Giratina in my Japanese Platinum. I am now around 1450 SR's for the shiny ghost-dragon, wonder if it will shine first, or will Turtwig be my next one. I'll have to wait and see ;).

Chr. Draco

Spatial Rift
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Apr 6, 2024
After 225 eggs I managed to hatch a shiny Duskull via the masuda method. Now on to my targets.

Congrats on Duskull, it looks like the Masuda method is working, I would like to try it.

Storm_Dragoon said:
Congrats on the Mudkip, Duskull and any shinies I missed.

Well I've taken a short break from hatching eggs and I'm currently SRing for shiny Turtwig in my other copy of Platinum. I've kinda neglected my SR shiny targets in favour of hatching eggs, so I figured I'd change that :P.

I have also spent a lot more time SRing for shiny Giratina in my Japanese Platinum. I am now around 1450 SR's for the shiny ghost-dragon, wonder if it will shine first, or will Turtwig be my next one. I'll have to wait and see ;).

It looks like we're three now SRing for a shiny starter. Good luck with both of your targets.

See you and good luck everyone.

Years
Hey guys!

After my huge sucsess with the Dialga and Palkia, I haven't even touched my game this week! XD
Though, I have been busy with my girlfriend and my friends this weekend and week, so I won't be doing any more hunting until next Monday! ><'

I am not sure what I am going after next, but I will think of something! XD

Congrats on all of the new shinies!

It's Just Fufu

Nostalgia is powerful.
Years
A few hours ago, I was watching some videos of shiny Pokemon on YouTube. I stumbled a user named "Kakkadragon", and I ended up watching lots of his videos featuring his third gen shinies. Even though I have more total shinies than Kakkadragon does, I must say, watching his videos made me a bit jealous.

All the random shinies he had compared to the two I have made me feel like I used the PokeRadar too much, relying too heavily on it to get shinies I wanted. I feel like because I don't have many random shinies, I'm less of a shiny hunter.

Well, I've decided to change that. For the past few hours, I've looked through shiny sprites of Pokemon, and I've determined which ones I'd like to put the effort into hunting for in the wild. Not soft resetting, not breeding, not PokeRadaring. Just straight battling. I plan on levelling up some of my shinies to level 100 while I do this, so that I don't get too bored, either.
smile.gif
Oh yes, while I was looking through the sprites, I've been simultaneously SRing for Piplup on Platinum.

I'm doing this mainly on my third gen games so that they don't become completely obsolete, specifically my Ruby version. I've long since lost my Sapphire, and Emerald is now used purely for transferring items to my third gen games. On FR, I've decided to hunt for Paras; I'm going for Duskull on Ruby. However, on LG, I'm still soft resetting for Articuno. Still gotta have some variation in my shiny hunting.
wink.gif

I'm currently looking through the Diamond and Pearl sprites to see if there are any Pokemon on Diamond I'd like to do this for. After I'm finished making my list, I'll probably go see what my swarm is on Diamond and set myself up to chain it. I need a break from all this breeding.

Good luck, everyone. I know May is done giving me shinies. Hopefully June will be a bit more generous.
biggrin.gif

Razer302

Three Days Grace - Break
Years
I am nearly up to Giratina in my jap Platinum copy. haven't done much recently but I just got back into the game after spending time on shoddy battle. So I am once again hunting. I am also Sring for a shiny starter on my American copy of Plat and running through normal game on my Euro version of plat.

Yeah I own a copy of Platinum from the 3 main areas. xD

Years
  • Seen Jul 24, 2013
S5030229.jpg

Shiny Turtwig appeared a few minutes ago in Platinum. I was watching something on youtube while I was SRing for Turtwig, and I heard Turtwig's cry, and the shiny sound started so I managed to glimpse the sparkles fly around it :D. I'll post a few more pictures shortly, going to let the Chimchar defeat Turtwig so it doesn't gain experience.

Yay, shiny Turtwig is mine :D.

Razer302

Three Days Grace - Break
Years
Gratz on the Turtwig. I noticed Sring for a starter on Platinum is longer than Diamond or Pearl as you have all that annoying talking to run through. Might swap to onw of my other games to do it.

Years
  • Seen Jul 24, 2013
Thanks for the congrats. Yeah, I've noticed a difference between SRing in D/P and SRing in Platinum for the starters, both are equally annoying though :P.(I've successfully got shiny Chimchar, Turtwig and Piplup in D/P, now I have a Turtwig in Platinum)

More Pictures:

Shiny Turwig
Quiet nature, Loves to Eat
Turtwig's Stats

Now its time to go through the game, and hopefully find a few more shinies along the way. I'm also still SRing for shiny Giratina, hopefully it'll show up sometime soon :D.

bewbs

~Chloe~
Years
  • Age 31
  • UK
  • Seen Nov 20, 2022
Taking pictures of my best shinies, so hopefully you'll see all mine soon. =D
My Shiny Cresselia has a quirky nature and often dazes off. She happily eats anything. ^_^

Pics so far photobucket is a pain. sorry for the bad quality.
Spoiler:

Last edited:

BG pokemon freak

Has 6 Shiny pokemon ... YAY
Years
Hi, I haven't posted in a while, but i just wanted to say hi to all, congrats for the new shinies, and I'm looking forward to a DS and Soul Silver :) that will be nice.

It's Just Fufu

Nostalgia is powerful.
Years
Copy and Paste from SPPf:

Me said:
Okay, here's a basic rundown of the past ten minutes:

I'm sitting at my laptop, reading a moveset analysis about Gardevoir. I have my black GBA SP in my lap.

My GBA SP: Gyaao! *bling bling bling*

My eyes stop their lateral movement across my laptop screen and become wide. My breath stops. I think my palms get a little sweaty.

I look down at my GBA SP.

And what do I see?

*points at avatar*

This is amazing. I'm in a battle with it right now. Here's a step-by-step of the battle so far: started out with shiny Zapdos, switched to shiny Scizor. On the switch in, it gets hit by Ice Beam and becomes frozen! No matter, I just wait it out until Scizor defrosts. I Swords Dance up twice, use False Swipe, and get it down to the low red zone (not exactly one HP, in case it uses Struggle). Now, I'm switching to shiny Lapras for Sing...goodness, shiny Articuno is so shiny, it's like it reflects a whole bunch of light, lol...beautiful. Lapras connects with Sing.

Time to catch it.
biggrin.gif

All I have are hordes of Great Balls, seven PokeBalls, and two Master Balls. I'd like it in a Great Ball, though.

I'll report back once I've caught it. Analysis on my luck will follow.
biggrin.gif

Edit: Congrats on the new shiny, CA!! And welcome back.

Edit2: SHINY GYAOO TRIO COMPLETE!!!!

I was able to snag it in a Great Ball! Ironically, all I had to do was False Swipe it down to 1 HP. It has a Gentle nature; here are its stats.

HP: 155
Atk : 105
Def: 108
Satk: 105
SDef: 145
Speed: 90

Its nature is opposite of shiny Moltres'.
eek.gif
And here I thought I wouldn't get any more shinies this month! Nice surprise my game had for me, lol. The IVs aren't great, and I know it, but at the very least it's shiny! And hey, as a bonus, it has a somewhat usable nature.
smile.gif

Now, I didn't know that I was going to get this shiny today, but I KNEW that if I wanted to get shiny Articuno, it would have to come from LG, and not FR. Ever since I got shiny Bulbasaur in November of '07, my FR and LG have alternated giving me shinies. First Bulba (FR) then Squirtle (LG). Next, Lapras (FR) then Moltres (LG). Finally, Zapdos (FR) and now, Articuno (LG)!
biggrin.gif
The only thing that was different this time was that I didn't get a PokeRadar shiny between Zapdos and Articuno.

I know I said earlier that once I got I finished this trio, I would abandon hunting on the third gen, but I just can't. Three shinies from both of these? I need to milk this for what it's worth. One things for sure, I'm certain that randomizing my RNG helped Articuno appeared.
smile.gif

Now I definitely need to get a radar shiny...

Good luck, everyone!

What shiny shall I get next?

It's Just Fufu

Nostalgia is powerful.
Years
That's odd; Uxie seems to have reappeared on my Diamond version! Last time I went into its cave at Lake Acuity, it wasn't there, but now it is...weird.

Anyway, I'm looking for a Teddiursa to chain. But seeing all these Sneasel is creating a bit of an exposure effect on me. ;)

Good luck, everyone.

Edit: Finally got a new pokeradar shiny, Ponyta! I got only six of them. I'm going to focus on getting shiny Piplup now.

Last edited:

super onii chan

I think I'm here to stay
Years
I think I lost my chaining touch. I usually get to 40 kind of easy but i cant get to 24 -_-. Wb DDD, I also just returned back. Still havent beat platinum...god I'm so damn lazy >_<

Years
You will get it back Onii Chan! ^.^

We all have those types of days!

I can get to 40 - 50, but some days I barely get into double figures! XD

I shall be back on Monday :D

It's Just Fufu

Nostalgia is powerful.
Years
Copy and Paste from Serebii:

Me said:
Wowowowowowowow.

I love my FireRed version! I was reading an analysis for Mewtwo, and I was beginning to get tempted to soft reset for it. I was doing this while I was soft resetting for Omanyte, and RIGHT when I made up my mind to switch to Mewtwo (seriously, I was like "this is the last reset"), the Omanyte was shiny! I was just about to soft reset over it, too, I was not expecting to get it this fast *_*

Here are its stats

Omanyte - Lax
HP - 19
Attack - 9
Defense - 17
Special Attack - 15
Special Defense - 9
Speed - 9

This is becoming crazy.

Edit: Oh yeah, it's at level 5, duh...but seriously, this was totally unexpected! When I whispered, "Shiny Omanyte" my brother didn't even believe me. Then he looked at my game and walked out the room. Lol.

Edit2: Omanyte is such a rare shiny, too, I'm actually really glad I got it.
biggrin.gif
And so far, my superstitious tactics have been working. My next SR target for LG: Aerodactyl!

I had just got finished evolving my shiny Ponyta into a shiny Rapidash, too. :D

Back