• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[RMXP] Mapping Help

Elite Four Lucian

Elite Four - Psychic User
Years
I am in need of some mapping help, it's my first time using RMXP to map, and I can't seem to get the trees right in the route I am making. Someone let me know what I am doing wrong. I am using the HG/SS Kit.

Route_zpsfaeb87a5.png

Lord Varion

Guess who's back?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 6, 2015
In RPG Maker XP, you've got three layers, for the HGSS trees, you're gonna need to take advantage of them, to make it look official.

Sero

私はセクシーです
Years
You almost got it. I'm assuming I have the same tileset as you.
You would take this part of the trees first:
Spoiler:

Spread them out to look like this:
Spoiler:

Take this next section and the similar one opposite of it:
Spoiler:

Add it to the sides:
Spoiler:

To cut off the tops:
Spoiler:

Add the tree tops and the trunks:
Spoiler:

It should come out looking something like this, but larger:
Spoiler:

If you understand how the layers work, you could make a nice looking route. Although, watch out for little pieces of the tree that aren't very visible. They get really annoying when they add up.

Lord Varion

Guess who's back?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 6, 2015
Show us what you have now.
But here what I do.

The base of the tree on the bottom layer.
The sides of it on the second layer.
and the peak of the tree on the third.
Try that.

Elite Four Lucian

Elite Four - Psychic User
Years
Here is what I have so far, and you'll see what I mean by how messed up it looks, I don't think I did it right.

Proof_zps92878bf8.png
[/IMG]

Last edited:

Arma

The Hyena
Years
Look up on Willowsidhe's tutorials on youtube. Even though her maps are made with default RMXP tiles, they should be able to provide you with all the knowledge you need to start making maps. After you master the basics, post in the map rating thread to get further advise.

Lord Varion

Guess who's back?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 6, 2015
PiS99.jpg

All you need to do is select the tiles I've put in a red box.
Then place them like I've done with more red boxes, except all the way down the trees.

Back