• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Rate My Hail Stall Team

Years
i took out swampert for mew =D and i love how this team is used now! i mean ive lost 3 out of 5 but like i said im new so my predictions arnt very good lol

is justtold that mew is only uu in B/W... i am going only 4th gen.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 12, 2024
I'm glad things are looking up for you! :D Just remember, with practice, prediction and battling gets easier. The next thing you can do is edit your original RMT to include all the Pokemon you've altered/replaced so the raters can better identify if your team need any additional help (if you even feel you need it).

I'd like to mention Gliscor for a moment if you're still looking to replace Infernape.

Gliscor can be devastating on a Hail Team because of its key resistances, excellent defensive, Stealth Rock support, and great synergy with Tentacruel. Not to mention its resistance to Fighting, which on a hail team, never hurts. Now, I noticed you mentioned something about not having access to 5th Gen Pokemon/Items/Moves/Abilities. Ideally nowadays, Gliscor would have Poison Heal. Since that may not be possible for you, Sand Veil is probably the next best option (and you'll have something that can really excel in the Sand in case you encounter a Sandstorm Team).

Gliscor @ Leftovers
Sand Veil
252 HP / 184 Defense / 72 Speed
Impish [+Defense; -Special Attack]
- Toxic
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock / Ice Fang
- Protect

Just remember that there are many variants of Gliscor, from Swords Dance to Roost to Flying Gem and Fling sets. So if Gliscor isn't working out so well, I encourage you to try different sets to see what can work best for you and your team. If you ever need an example of these sets, don't hesitate to ask us! :3 Anyway, on to the set. Because Gliscor is such an amazing defensive pivot in any team, this set will really let you take advantage of it's abilities as a physical wall. Not only that, but with a solid Toxic+Protect, Gliscor functions as a Stall breaker, often countering its own threats like Rotom-W and Jellicent with Toxic. Earthquake and Ice Fang provide Gliscor with excellent coverage, but for your needs, Stealth Rock has been added. If for whatever reason you decide not to use Stealth Rock anymore, Ice Fang is the secondary move of choice to remove Dragons and opposing Gliscor from the field. Protect ties this whole set together, allowing Gliscor to stall for Toxic damage, heal from Leftovers, and scout.

At the end of the day, Hail teams have serious weaknesses to Rock, Fighting, Steel, and Fire. And it's more or less unavoidable. But, I think you're on the right track here. With some practice, I'm sure you will do just fine. :)

Years
  • Seen Sep 22, 2016
Oh I see, man that sucks, but Froslass is still an awesome stall. Thank you for the new info :D

Years
ow man you have been the best help ive ever had lol so in depth and so "to the point" so ill try glyscore and see what comes up.. off to PO i go lol

Vrai

can you feel my heart?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Oct 24, 2022
...well, now I'm confused. :<

If you're playing on PO, you can definitely - and should definitely, probably - use Gen V sets. It's by far the most active metagame and you'll be able to get lots of matches in. If you're playing to test your team, you should use the Gen IV metagame. That way, you'll get the same experience without dealing with the same kinds of threats (auto-weather, Haxorus, Thundurus, etc). That said, if you're only limited to Gen IV on your game, then you also can't battle Gen V teams on that either, meaning that the Gliscor spread that Alexial gave you seems to be a little too new for Gen IV.

477.png

omg this sprite is so ugly ;-;
Gliscor @ Leftovers
Nature: Jolly (+Spe, -SpA)
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 Spe
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Roost
- Taunt / U-turn

This is the lead set, meaning you can set up SR reliably versus most leads (I think!). You can U-turn against things like Aerodactyl and Azelf. There's also the option of running Taunt/EQ/Roost/Toxic with the same EVs/nature because Gliscor can be a very effective stallbreaker in Gen IV.

Years
Well i am using a hail team and need to start off with aboma just to get the hail stall started so glyscor lead is not going to work here,the set i was given b4 this one works out well for me and i will continue to use it till i find something better. But i thank you for trying to hepl out and i might just try him on my other teams

OMG 2 PAGES lol this is my first team and that many people have posted! either Thats really good or i just needed way more help than i should lol

Last edited:
Back