• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Booster Pack/"Look What I Just Got!" Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Apr 15, 2012
Just bought some B&W boosters (and one HGSS it turns out) - 4 B&W and 1 HGSS (and a deck, but what you get in the decks in set, so :P).

I don't know what's 'rare' or whatever (just recently getting back into this), but these are the holographic ones:

Shiny Copycat and Pokemon Catcher
Beartic with shiny behind him
Rayquaza with shiny pink bit
Braviary
Throh
Excadrill

Any of those interesting?

Years
Seems like you got more than just boosters for the base B&W set. You must've gotten an Emerging Powers one as well since you have Beartic and Pokemon Catcher, both of which are pretty interesting cards.

And you must've gotten a Call of Legends booster (which, technically, isn't a part of the HGSS series, just a filler set), since you have a Rayquaza there. Does the Rayquaza have a silver card border or a yellow one?

Years
  • Seen Apr 15, 2012
Seems like you got more than just boosters for the base B&W set. You must've gotten an Emerging Powers one as well since you have Beartic and Pokemon Catcher, both of which are pretty interesting cards.

And you must've gotten a Call of Legends booster (which, technically, isn't a part of the HGSS series, just a filler set), since you have a Rayquaza there. Does the Rayquaza have a silver card border or a yellow one?

Woops, yes, Emerging Powers and Call of Legends (my mistake). It has a yellow border.

Years
  • Seen Mar 30, 2012
Nice Black and white box, I got a full holo Zekrom and Reshiram when I bought mine a while back. How many Professor Junipers did you get from that box and any rev holo trainers ?

I only recieved one professor Juniper. Rev. trainers: potion, switch, energy retrieval, and plus power. I was hoping for at least one Samurott but No Bueno. I now have at least 6 Darmanitans lol. I am kind of surprised because I was expecting a more spread of pokemon but I recieved a ton of the same ones including like 12 timburr and 8 swoobat. I purchased these packs off ebay for $41.00 and they were actually the single packs. I am not sure if they are one of the first packs to come out because they did not include the PokemonTCG code card.

Years
The original Black & White boosters didn't come with a code. Only Emerging Powers and Noble Victories boosters come with codes, and you have to buy a booster box of B&W to get a booster code from that set. Every theme deck since Black & White came out does have a code, though.

And certain cards are more common in certain areas than others because of how they distribute packs.

Years
  • Seen Mar 30, 2012
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Dec 16, 2022
Just got a Samurott Tin today and got nothing noteworthy except for a few holo cards. The tin and figurine that comes with it is very nice though.

Years
  • Seen Mar 30, 2012
Just got a Samurott Tin today and got nothing noteworthy except for a few holo cards. The tin and figurine that comes with it is very nice though.

I was surpised of how sharp the Samurott figurine is! lol it could easily puncture your skin...

Years
  • Seen Apr 15, 2012
Got three boosters today, two Emerging Powers and a Noble Victories. I got a holo Darumaka and a Darmanitan, a Hydreigon with shiny lines behind it, a holo Sewaddle, a Beartic, and Swanna, and an Xtransceiver. Any of those interesting?

Years
  • Seen Mar 30, 2012
Bought a Seperior tin today and pulled yet another full art zekrom along with a nice leafeon.

Years
  • Seen Mar 30, 2012
Got several packs over the last few days myself. Got an Eviolite finally. And a full art Thundurus.

I actually have two full art thundurus and a regular thundurous, surprised I pulled them! I traded someone a catcher for a hydreigon this past wednesday and I want their other one. I have three full art zekrom, what would be a good trade for one of them?

Charliza

Eliza
Years
The past weeks I bought a few packs, these are a few of what I got;

BW:EP Reverse Holo Krookodile
BW:EP Holo Krookodile -comes standard with the theme deck-
BW:EP Reverse Holo Ferrothorn
BW:EP Holo Terrakion
BW:NV Reverse Holo Golurk
BW:NV Leavanny
Lilligant of both versions.

Are any of these very interesting regarding worth or are they good to use for TCG, maybe particularly against other cards?

Oh and a question, when can you say your collections is officially complete? When you have all the -first edition- sets? Or do you need every holo and reverse holo edition as well? Or is that up to yourself?

Years
What a complete collection is would be up to yourself, but having one of every card in a set technically counts as a complete set.

The Emerging Powers Lilligant has some potential (as do all of them, but Lilligant more so than the others) because of its first attack.

Years
  • Seen Mar 30, 2012
Bought another serperior tin the other day and pulled nothing special, trying to complete the the ZPST deck.

-Umbreon COL (HOLO)
-Grumpig Triumphant (Reverse)
-Gothitelle EP
-Verizion EP (HOLO)
-Electrive Triumphant
-Sawk BW (Rare)
-PONT, Twins, & Cheren

All and all not really good pull.

The Card store I buy from did not have any Emboar tins which kind of shocked me. Target on the other hand had five lol. Target obviously being more expensive so I passed.

Years
  • Seen Jan 27, 2016
Hi all; Is buying 36 booster packs of the base set worthwhile for AU $395 (free postage). generally it looks as though i am saving 3-5 dollars a pack from other sellers who are asking 13-15 dollars a pack including postage to Australia.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back