• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon AshGray Version (Beta 4.5 Released!!)

Years
You'll only be able to swim in calm (pond) water - you'll need the raft (or later, a surfing Lapras) for most water.

The warp system will be able to be activated from the computer in your room or the PC in the Pokemon Center - you can warp to any Center already previously visited in the game.

It's still swimming, either way it makes this hack superb.
Thanks for the information about the warping.

Years
  • Seen Feb 7, 2015
Where can I train Pikachu for the Vermillion gym?
Because there are only low leveled Pokémon in grasses.
(in the squirtle cave and the hidden village exit)

Years
  • Seen Nov 17, 2011
So Meta, did you say anything about the total skip of the important part known as getting beaten by Surge, then having the declination of Pika related to Thunderstone?

Or something. I think that of the game offers you no Thunderstones itself, you could just have the event (Without you actually getting a stone) and be done with it.

As for the other ones evolving, I'd say there should be "blocks" on both Bulba and Squirtle (Possibly Pika aswell, if the game offers you Thunderstones somewhere). I know some people want to evolve them, but seriously, this is retelling of Ash's story. They are kinda "special", as they are given their own events where to catch them.

Lastly, I feel that Kadabra is a tad OP. Or rather, it's speed is. Pika is the fastest pokemon of Ash's Party, and I had to grind it to level 32 just to get an attack first and then just hope for the best with Paralyzis. It could OHKO any and everything in my team there. I would recommend you take a program and drop the Kadabra's Base Speed to some senseful number. So that you can actually beat that thing.

Or alternatively, go with the story: You lose again, and Haunter kicks in, and she pities you and gives the badge.

Oh... could you make the Tauros 100% catch rate at the safari or something? Getting 30 of them in a row (As in, with those 30 balls like Ash did) without save states won't be happening.

Last edited:

aperso

Please feel free to VM random fruit types.
Years
Where can I train Pikachu for the Vermillion gym?
Because there are only low leveled Pokémon in grasses.
(in the squirtle cave and the hidden village exit)
all the areas you metioned are the highest leveled places you can train at the level get higher after the st anne event
Spoiler:

Years
  • Seen Dec 19, 2011
So Meta, did you say anything about the total skip of the important part known as getting beaten by Surge, then having the declination of Pika related to Thunderstone?

Or something. I think that of the game offers you no Thunderstones itself, you could just have the event (Without you actually getting a stone) and be done with it.
There is a thunderstone, if you LOSE to Lt. Surge and wind up in the pokemon center, talk to everyone in it (including Nurse Joy) and you should get one.

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
This thread seems to be active again... but only with some solutions cosidering not evolving Bulbasaur and Squirtle.
I don't know... for some reason I don't like it... I mean yeah it's great we really get to battle with Satoshi's team but wouldn't you guys agree that without boosting items this hack would be TOO hard?

Years
what stage is this mod at? i hope its still going cus it is just the game what ive been looking for, and i really hate it when people start projects and never finish :@ it happens way to often like there was a hack called pokemon lighningyellow and that just stopped dead half way through :(

Years
  • Seen Nov 17, 2011
@Toxigunk: There is? I never lost, so I guess. Bleh.

@Ash: I'm doing fine aside from Kadabra.

aperso

Years
what stage is this mod at? i hope its still going cus it is just the game what ive been looking for, and i really hate it when people start projects and never finish :@ it happens way to often like there was a hack called pokemon lighningyellow and that just stopped dead half way through :(

the hack is still going and will be for some time[hopefully]

Years
umm ive just come out of the pokemon centre in viridian city after ive fought team rocket in there and misty says "i knew id find you in here blah blah blah" and now what? am i supposed to just go through viridian forest? cus misty didnt say anythin about joinin me or nothin o_O

aperso

Years
umm ive just come out of the pokemon centre in viridian city after ive fought team rocket in there and misty says "i knew id find you in here blah blah blah" and now what? am i supposed to just go through viridian forest? cus misty didnt say anythin about joinin me or nothin o_O
yes you do nor will brock join you even though they will apper every now and again it would too hard to do that unless you were using hg/ss but there's not enough tools for that so just continue with the game like the anime without brock misty or pikachu following you sorry :(

Years
  • Seen Dec 19, 2011
This thread seems to be active again... but only with some solutions cosidering not evolving Bulbasaur and Squirtle.
I don't know... for some reason I don't like it...
I mean yeah it's great we really get to battle with Satoshi's team but wouldn't you guys agree that without boosting items this hack would be TOO hard?
I disagree. Not evolving Bulbasaur and Squirtle does not make the hack that hard, because they are strong enough to hold their own. And might be TOO easy after you evolve them as they game has probably been made to suit Ash's team and not their evolved forms.

Years
yes you do nor will brock join you even though they will apper every now and again it would too hard to do that unless you were using hg/ss but there's not enough tools for that so just continue with the game like the anime without brock misty or pikachu following you sorry :(

lol its cool i just wanted to know what to do. sure it would be awesome to have them follow you but im not too fussed tbf. just the fact that it follows the story of the anime is awesome enough

aperso

Years
lol its cool i just wanted to know what to do. sure it would be awesome to have them follow you but im not too fussed tbf. just the fact that it follows the story of the anime is awesome enough

yeah totally agreed!the sprites of the people and pokemon are cool the idea it's self to include the organge islands as well makes it even better all we need is a johto hoenn and sinnoh regions hacks and my life would be complete

Co500

Nostalgia Edition
Years

yeah totally agreed!the sprites of the people and pokemon are cool the idea it's self to include the organge islands as well makes it even better all we need is a johto hoenn and sinnoh regions hacks and my life would be complete
whooaaa slow down there :P
Its taken this long to make this incredible hack by metapod so far, imagine if he made the other regions!? besides there already is a Johto Anime hack
But by the time he finished sinnoh there would be six more seasons :P (I do praise you for spelling the regions correctly though)

Also Metpod I noticed you've finished the first move, I for one cannot WAIT for it, I played meowths hack so many years ago and I know yours will be a heck of alot better.

metapod23

Hardened Trainer
Years
  • Seen Aug 18, 2016
Any help on where can I get the bike for the Biking Bridge?

Go to the end of the Safari Zone and battle Team Rocket to save Dragonair. Afterwards, return to the Pokemon Center and Nurse Joy should give you some medicine to deliver and a bike to cross the bridge with.

Years
  • Seen Jul 13, 2011
Everytime I load Ash Gray and Press Start , it says the 1m Sub-Circuit Board is not Installed.
How do i fix this? can anyone help?

Years
  • Seen Feb 6, 2013
It says 1m sub circuit board not installed all the time, Just skip past it with the A Button or Start Button :)

zephern

Finishing up school, hacking
Years
Excellent amount of effort put into this Progressing Hack, I myself am going to get started on a similar project, but there will be differences and lots of variation. Keep at this, you're providing much needed inspiration for hackers Metapod! :)

Back