• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Pokémon Black/White] Emulation Help Thread

Years
  • Seen Sep 6, 2013
Okay. For those who are still having problems wit NO$GBA, I have here the things that you need and need to do in order to get it working.

Alright let's get started, you need:
AR-CODES FOR SAVE FIX: (Use only these as the other ones will make your ROM crash randomly or when you use a stat-altering move.)
Spoiler:
NO$GBA2.6a+NO$ZOOMER 2.3.0.2(Optional but I recommend it)/NO$GBA C
Rudolph's Child's Play Patch v4 (Use only on a clean, UNPATCHED ROM)
English Translation v3/4
xDelta GUI
*The Child's Play Patch, v3 Translation Patch and xDelta can all be found on GBATemp. (Or just google it! :p)

STEPS:
1. Patch your clean ROM with Rudolph's Childs Play Patch v4 by dragging the ROM to the executable. Wait for a "Congratulations" box to appear.
*It should create a .bak file, that's your original file.

2. Patch your ROM with the v3/4 Translation Patch using xdelta GUI not UI. Load the patch and your ROM and click Apply patch. It should create a file with [Your ROM]_patched.nds, that your patched ROM.
*Put the xdelta file and xDeltaGUI.exe on the SAME FOLDER as your ROM and I think it requires Microsoft .NET Framework.

3. Now, let's open it in an emulator (NO$ZOOMER) and of course the BSoD appears. Put the AR-CODES posted above, goto Others->Cheats tick as RAW and Action replay DS and press OK. Then enable the AR-CODE and press OK. Then File->Reset. Make sure your Reset/Startup Entry point is at "Start Cartridge Directly" don't need the BIOS files here.

There! You can play Pokémon Black & White with no crashes or freezes and you also gain EXP!

Other helpful knick-knacks for increasing emulation speed for NO$GBA2.6a+NO$ZOOMER2.3.0.2:
Disable 3D Edge marking for B/W (Tested with Black):
Spoiler:
x2 Walking speed:
Spoiler:
Instant show text:
Spoiler:
NO$GBA.ini Settings:
Spoiler:

If you desperately need more speed (like me), here are some tweaks to increase speed to 100%:
Spoiler:

I can prove it to you that all of these works on NO$ since I already finished the game. Not a single crash or freezing for me!

NOTE: If your game hangs when going to a screen (e.g. VS. Recorder), disable EX5 temporarily. Also, you don't need to do the save state thingy anymore just save the game with the code on. (Though the Save Fix causes some minor graphical glitches, theres nothing else bad about it)

ENJOY (a non-DeSmuME emulation of) B/W everyone! :D

Oh yeah, I forgot!
CREDITS goes to MASTERMIND_X and some people on GBATemp for the save fix and other AR-CODES!

Thanks Girl!!! You're the best!!
Now my game won't crash at the place before it crashes. I hope it will never crash in future again :]

Tatsuo-san

<[Aye, aye, dood!]>
Years
Aww, I thought, that my theory about 'one-hit K.O. and wow no fatal errors'(that's how I'd like to call it =P) was a mistake. But now I think, that it's true. I've got through the first two battles on a way to the second city. Then I tried to use Tackle. ROM-image has crashed. I thought, that Water Gun will be great, but... it still crashes. I hate you, second turn D:
==
Can anyone help? I've done everything like プラチナ・ベルリッツ said. o__o'
==
Update: Ok, there's some more questions which need answers. I can't say my theory is true. Also I can't say, that my theory is false. So, about that third battle. I just sneaked from behind of that guy, not going into the battle. But then Bel suddenly appeared and challenged me into battle. Two versus one, about three turns. And no crashes! Jeez, I'm confused O_o
Update-update: And ROM-image has crashed again! OMG, it's kinda stupid. How could I understand when the game will crash and when it will work properly? Now on Abandoned Lot of Dreams. So, here we go, it's first battle and no crashes! Second battle, second pokemon and it's first turn. Banzai! - ROM-image has crashed! I ha~ate you, Pokemon White! ^0^'''

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Oct 29, 2010
Desmume AR codes?

Whenever I put ar codes in on my Pokemon Black while using Desmume they don't work, but when I use No$GBA they work fine, is it the rom I'm using or Desmume?

Tatsuo-san

<[Aye, aye, dood!]>
Years
Whenever I put ar codes in on my Pokemon Black while using Desmume they don't work, but when I use No$GBA they work fine, is it the rom I'm using or Desmume?
Hmm... I guess it's DeSmuMe o.o Because those codes are for No$GBA only (maybe I am wrong?) and DeSmuMe can emulate Pokemon B\W without any codes. And it can save states so you don't need codes for saving. So try DeSmuMe without codes. Actually I don't know much, so it's just an another theory xD

Years
  • Seen Oct 29, 2010
Hmm... I guess it's DeSmuMe o.o Because those codes are for No$GBA only (maybe I am wrong?) and DeSmuMe can emulate Pokemon B\W without any codes. And it can save states so you don't need codes for saving. So try DeSmuMe without codes. Actually I don't know much, so it's just an another theory xD

I wasn't actually using the save and startup codes, I was trying to use the rare candy and exp codes because whenever I battle my pokemon don't gain exp and I thought maybe one of the two codes could help, but the ar codes won't work and I don't know what to do about the no exp I'm sorry, thinking back on it I should've just asked about that to begin with XP

プラチナ・ベルリッツ

~してんのうの カトレア!!
Years
Thanks Girl!!! You're the best!!
Now my game won't crash at the place before it crashes. I hope it will never crash in future again :]

Thanks! ^_^ Good luck!

Aww, I thought, that my theory about 'one-hit K.O. and wow no fatal errors'(that's how I'd like to call it =P) was a mistake. But now I think, that it's true. I've got through the first two battles on a way to the second city. Then I tried to use Tackle. ROM-image has crashed. I thought, that Water Gun will be great, but... it still crashes. I hate you, second turn D:
==
Can anyone help? I've done everything like プラチナ・ベルリッツ said. o__o'
==
Update: Ok, there's some more questions which need answers. I can't say my theory is true. Also I can't say, that my theory is false. So, about that third battle. I just sneaked from behind of that guy, not going into the battle. But then Bel suddenly appeared and challenged me into battle. Two versus one, about three turns. And no crashes! Jeez, I'm confused O_o
Update-update: And ROM-image has crashed again! OMG, it's kinda stupid. How could I understand when the game will crash and when it will work properly? Now on Abandoned Lot of Dreams. So, here we go, it's first battle and no crashes! Second battle, second pokemon and it's first turn. Banzai! - ROM-image has crashed! I ha~ate you, Pokemon White! ^0^'''
You are using No$gba, right? If so, what version (2.6, 2.6a?)? Are you using BIOS files? What? (Sorry for the questions ^^') Because I've been playing for hours and hours and hours and I still didn't get a single crash. Heck I've already beat Cynthia! How about trying Black? It's the one where I am sure that all of my codes will work.
Oh yeah, I forgot, are you using this code?:
Spoiler:
Please don't use them. They cause the crashes. I've had them before when I was using these shorter codes. The long code should include these 2 codes but without the crashes. If that still doesn't work then, what now? 0.0

Did you enable them?
It's a silly question but it's still important to ask. :)

Last edited:

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
I wasn't actually using the save and startup codes, I was trying to use the rare candy and exp codes because whenever I battle my pokemon don't gain exp and I thought maybe one of the two codes could help, but the ar codes won't work and I don't know what to do about the no exp I'm sorry, thinking back on it I should've just asked about that to begin with XP
Download different ROM ;) You have the bad one ;)

Years
  • Seen Sep 6, 2013
Since my crash problem is fixed now, a new problem has emerged o.o
problem is Random freezing

Tatsuo-san

<[Aye, aye, dood!]>
Years
Thanks! ^_^ Good luck!

You are using No$gba, right? If so, what version (2.6, 2.6a?)? Are you using BIOS files? What? (Sorry for the questions ^^') Because I've been playing for hours and hours and hours and I still didn't get a single crash. Heck I've already beat Cynthia! How about trying Black? It's the one where I am sure that all of my codes will work.
Spoiler:
Please don't use them. They cause the crashes. I've had them before when I was using these shorter codes. The long code should include these 2 codes but without the crashes. If that still doesn't work then, what now? 0.0

Did you enable them?
So, here's my emulator - No$Zoomer with No$GBA 2.6a, some BIOS(I don't know which BIOS I use, it's just BIOS xD) and that's all! o.o Also, a second ago I realized how stupid I was xD Jeez, so those two codes was a problem! I have deleted them and yay - not a single crash during the battle. Ahaha, I'm so confused ^__^' Thanks for help, you're the best! \^0^/

プラチナ・ベルリッツ

~してんのうの カトレア!!
Years
Since my crash problem is fixed now, a new problem has emerged o.o
problem is Random freezing
Did you patch the ROM with Rudolph's Childs Play Patch? It should disable the AP and that you'll get exp. and no freezes.

So, here's my emulator - No$Zoomer with No$GBA 2.6a, some BIOS(I don't know which BIOS I use, it's just BIOS xD) and that's all! o.o Also, a second ago I realized how stupid I was xD Jeez, so those two codes was a problem! I have deleted them and yay - not a single crash during the battle. Ahaha, I'm so confused ^__^' Thanks for help, you're the best! \^0^/
You're welcome! ^_^

Years
  • Seen Oct 29, 2010
Thanks! ^_^ Good luck!

Spoiler:

Did you enable them?
I believe I did, after I put them in I checked the little box that said "turn code on"

Espeonrules

~Pokemon Fan-Girl~
Years
I just wanted to say thank you to all the wonderful people that have helped out in this thread. You guys really are lifesavers :)

I've been playing Pokemon Black for a while now on Desume, but my computer is really old so it runs VERY slowly, almost to the point of driving me insane. When I first got the rom, I tried it on No$GBA but I got that infamous error message. As a result, I've had no choice but to just tough it out with Desume. But now, with everyone's help on this thread, I've managed to get it running perfectly on No$GBA with no crashes, no save problems, and AT 100% SPEED! You cannot believe how happy I am right now!!!

So again, a big thank you to all!

プラチナ・ベルリッツ

~してんのうの カトレア!!
Years
I believe I did, after I put them in I checked the little box that said "turn code on"
To be honest I don't use Desmume because it's too slow for me but did you check if your AR code is for Pokémon _________? If that's not the case then I don't know get the latest version of Desmume? I'm running out of ideas.

Years
  • Seen Sep 6, 2013
I have applied Rudolph's patch after english v4 patch
still won't work.. then applied AP Patch. Hope it will not freeze now

SuperfastJellyfish

Bye bye, Tentacruel
Years
  • Seen Nov 19, 2010
Okay. For those who are still having problems wit NO$GBA, I have here the things that you need and need to do in order to get it working.

Alright let's get started, you need:
AR-CODES FOR SAVE FIX: (Use only these as the other ones will make your ROM crash randomly or when you use a stat-altering move.)
Spoiler:
NO$GBA2.6a+NO$ZOOMER 2.3.0.2(Optional but I recommend it)/NO$GBA C
Rudolph's Child's Play Patch v4 (Use only on a clean, UNPATCHED ROM)
English Translation v3/4
xDelta GUI
*The Child's Play Patch, v3 Translation Patch and xDelta can all be found on GBATemp. (Or just google it! :p)

STEPS:
1. Patch your clean ROM with Rudolph's Childs Play Patch v4 by dragging the ROM to the executable. Wait for a "Congratulations" box to appear.
*It should create a .bak file, that's your original file.

2. Patch your ROM with the v3/4 Translation Patch using xdelta GUI not UI. Load the patch and your ROM and click Apply patch. It should create a file with [Your ROM]_patched.nds, that your patched ROM.
*Put the xdelta file and xDeltaGUI.exe on the SAME FOLDER as your ROM and I think it requires Microsoft .NET Framework.

3. Now, let's open it in an emulator (NO$ZOOMER) and of course the BSoD appears. Put the AR-CODES posted above, goto Others->Cheats tick as RAW and Action replay DS and press OK. Then enable the AR-CODE and press OK. Then File->Reset. Make sure your Reset/Startup Entry point is at "Start Cartridge Directly" don't need the BIOS files here.

There! You can play Pokémon Black & White with no crashes or freezes and you also gain EXP!

Other helpful knick-knacks for increasing emulation speed for NO$GBA2.6a+NO$ZOOMER2.3.0.2:
Disable 3D Edge marking for B/W (Tested with Black):
Spoiler:
x2 Walking speed:
Spoiler:
Instant show text:
Spoiler:
NO$GBA.ini Settings:
Spoiler:

If you desperately need more speed (like me), here are some tweaks to increase speed to 100%:
Spoiler:

I can prove it to you that all of these works on NO$ since I already finished the game. Not a single crash or freezing for me!

NOTE: If your game hangs when going to a screen (e.g. VS. Recorder), disable EX5 temporarily. Also, you don't need to do the save state thingy anymore just save the game with the code on. (Though the Save Fix causes some minor graphical glitches, theres nothing else bad about it)

ENJOY (a non-DeSmuME emulation of) B/W everyone! :D

Oh yeah, I forgot!
CREDITS goes to MASTERMIND_X and some people on GBATemp for the save fix and other AR-CODES!
プラチナ・ベルリッツ's instructions are great, but my xdelta GUI is having trouble patching the translator patch (v4) onto my ROM (which has the child's play patch on only). It says "unhandled exception occured in your application" and then says it can't locate something, but everything is in the correct place and named correctly. What is going on? If it's my version of xdelta, can someone send me a link of a good one?

Tatsuo-san

<[Aye, aye, dood!]>
Years
プラチナ・ベルリッツ's instructions are great, but my xdelta GUI is having trouble patching the translator patch (v4) onto my ROM (which has the child's play patch on only). It says "unhandled exception occured in your application" and then says it can't locate something, but everything is in the correct place and named correctly. What is going on? If it's my version of xdelta, can someone send me a link of a good one?
Oh, here I am with the new theory x) Maybe you need a CLEAN ROM. Try and patch a clean ROM with translation patch and then patch it with Rudolf's Patch. Maybe it'll help, who knows.
(Also, translator patch doesn't do anything special - the most part of the story is still in Japanese. It'll be better if you find an 'full_story.txt' like I did. It's my humble opinion ;D)
==
Ah, now it works perfectly! No lags, no crashes, no freezes! Yeah, I'm so happy! =D

SuperfastJellyfish

Bye bye, Tentacruel
Years
  • Seen Nov 19, 2010
Oh, here I am with the new theory x) Maybe you need a CLEAN ROM. Try and patch a clean ROM with translation patch and then patch it with Rudolf's Patch. Maybe it'll help, who knows.
(Also, translator patch doesn't do anything special - the most part of the story is still in Japanese. It'll be better if you find an 'full_story.txt' like I did. It's my humble opinion ;D)
==
Ah, now it works perfectly! No lags, no crashes, no freezes! Yeah, I'm so happy! =D
Nope. I tried it on the .bak file (converted to .nds) that the rudolf patch created (so it should be clean, b/c I used a clean ROM) and there's still an error. I think it might be my xdelta, so if anyone could give me a good xdelta GUI or even a ROM with both the translation and rudolf patch that would be awesome.

And what do you mean "full_story.txt?" Where do you find that?

Last edited:

プラチナ・ベルリッツ

~してんのうの カトレア!!
Years
Nope. I tried it on the .bak file (converted to .nds) that the rudolf patch created (so it should be clean, b/c I used a clean ROM) and there's still an error. I think it might be my xdelta, so if anyone could give me a good xdelta GUI or even a ROM with both the translation and rudolf patch that would be awesome.

And what do you mean "full_story.txt?" Where do you find that?
The full_story.txt file is the file that will be used in finishing the translation patches for Pokémon Black and White. (Like some of the in-battle messages of the E4 in the v3 patch, they all like say the same thing or the idea anyway.) But in this case Tatsuo-san is using it like a handbook of some sort (right?).

Mods, if I can't post it here then just let me know ;)
Here, this is the xDelta that I use (attachments) just make sure you have the latest .NET Framework installed to make it work and that you put the .exe and xDelta file in the same place as your ROM. Oh and choose Delta Option 1.

Hope it works out for you ;)!

Also, patch the clean ROM with Rudolph's Patch first before the translation patch.

Attachments

• xDelta GUI.zip
    796.4 KB · Views: 22

SuperfastJellyfish

Bye bye, Tentacruel
Years
  • Seen Nov 19, 2010
The full_story.txt file is the file that will be used in finishing the translation patches for Pokémon Black and White. (Like some of the in-battle messages of the E4 in the v3 patch, they all like say the same thing or the idea anyway.) But in this case Tatsuo-san is using it like a handbook of some sort (right?).

Mods, if I can't post it here then just let me know ;)
Here, this is the xDelta that I use (attachments) just make sure you have the latest .NET Framework installed to make it work and that you put the .exe and xDelta file in the same place as your ROM. Oh and choose Delta Option 1.

Hope it works out for you ;)!

Also, patch the clean ROM with Rudolph's Patch first before the translation patch.
Patching went through, but the ROM is stuck at the light-blue error message on top - resetting and using the first code you gave does nothing. Is there a code I need to use before the very first one you posted, in order to actually get it to play?

Last edited:

プラチナ・ベルリッツ

~してんのうの カトレア!!
Years
Patching went through, but the ROM is stuck at the light-blue error message on top - resetting and using the first code you gave does nothing. Is there a code I need to use before the very first one you posted, in order to actually get it to play?
Make sure that you enter the long code (Save fix+Blue screen bypass) is Action Replay DS and check the little RAW box. Then enable it (put a check mark beside the name). Then just reset the game (usually it's Num* on no$).

Enable the code first before resetting no$gba/zoomer.

Hope it works out for you! :D

Back