• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

a question about let's plays

TheBigMan0706

Monster hunting Snivy
Years
  • Seen Mar 18, 2016
Hello there. I have a question to ask all of you. I want to start doing a let's play of old N64 games but I don't have a DVD recorder and this laptop has no disk drive. Is it ok if I record let's plays on a camcorder. Also, how can I clear my N64 cartridge of saved games?

Years
Why dont you use a N64 Emulator, Project 64 is the best one, and them if you use a screen recorder then you will get much better quality.

If you want i could PM the site where you could get the emulator and i could email you some places to get the roms.

Basicly if you need any help, just VM/PM me

TheBigMan0706

Monster hunting Snivy
Years
  • Seen Mar 18, 2016
Why dont you use a N64 Emulator, Project 64 is the best one, and them if you use a screen recorder then you will get much better quality.

If you want i could PM the site where you could get the emulator and i could email you some places to get the roms.

Basicly if you need any help, just VM/PM me

I don't have a mircophone....

Spinor

<i><font color="b1373f">The Lonely Physicist</font
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Feb 13, 2019
If you have the camera and an SD card reader, you can record your voice through the camera and edit out the video. If you are able to get to that, then you can PM me on how to edit out the video.

TheBigMan0706

Monster hunting Snivy
Years
  • Seen Mar 18, 2016
If you have the camera and an SD card reader, you can record your voice through the camera and edit out the video. If you are able to get to that, then you can PM me on how to edit out the video.

The camera I have is a JVC GR-D850 digital video camera

twocows

The not-so-black cat of ill omen
Years
Use your camcorder to record your voice, demux the audio stream from the resulting fille and remux it with the output from your emulator.

TheBigMan0706

Monster hunting Snivy
Years
  • Seen Mar 18, 2016
Use your camcorder to record your voice, demux the audio stream from the resulting fille and remux it with the output from your emulator.

one thing. I have an old N64 system that still works... that's why i posed the camcorder question

Years
I think that you should use quotations and stuff rather than audio, i always think people talking over things makes a video sound boring. no offence but unless your a proffesional voice over man then chances are you voice is boring.

TheBigMan0706

Monster hunting Snivy
Years
  • Seen Mar 18, 2016
I think that you should use quotations and stuff rather than audio, i always think people talking over things makes a video sound boring. no offence but unless your a proffesional voice over man then chances are you voice is boring.

Don't you mean subtitles? and plus, i am a professional voice actor

twocows

Years
Record it to a DVD with a DVD recorder, or if you know how to hook it up, you can record it to your hard drive.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
one thing. I have an old N64 system that still works... that's why i posed the camcorder question

I record my LPs with a camcorder. The only thing I don't like is my mic, but my cinematic results are alright. Not as great as LPer's like NintendoCapriSun and Chuggaconroy, but it's still looks decent.

twocows

Years
Well, i'm not recording it to tape, and twocows, I DON'T HAVE A DVD RECORDER!
Please don't type in all caps; it's unnecessary, especially since you haven't mentioned this before. Remember that the people on here are helping you voluntarily; we don't get paid for this stuff.

The only way you'll get good quality is by capturing your output somewhere, otherwise you're going to have to cam it, which never looks as good. I can't think of any way of doing this without either using an emulator or buying equipment. Regardless, for your audio, you may want to just dub it over later on, after you've already got the video recorded.

DMNT

Prismatic.
Years
  • Seen Apr 29, 2010
Back