• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ruby hack: Pokémon Pure Gold

robxu9

Shadowed Warrior
Years
This looks great!

Maybe you should re-base it off of Emerald, though.
There are some tiny things that can make your life a lot easier,
like making the PokeNav a PokeGEAR and using the Match Call as the Contacts.

Otherwise, great!

Years
  • Seen Dec 31, 2010
Sorry but everytime i try to run this at 128k it doesn't load, i don't think it's the rom i'm using because i've tried using different ruby roms from different sources none have worked :/ anyone care to help? :(

Last edited:

Teh Newbeh

Yellow Gold™
Years
  • Seen Oct 27, 2023
Nice to see this up and running. Cant wait to see the new things youve implemented.

ZodiacDaGreat

Working on a Mobile System
Years
Manipulation said:
ZodiacDaGreat is back n_n!

Opened~
Thanks Harry :) I was always around so far but haven't made much progress until now XD

Hmm, so let's see some screens shall we?
fv8nf6.png
zix25z.png
14tone0.png

Crap, I have to update the main thread with new screenshots and fix the layout a bit... Gonna be pain XD

sir.euge

Bunchies Back!
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jul 17, 2012
wow the night time makes it look cozy. i can imagine some fireflies. awesome job man

Years
Hm, it's great that you've actually edited the Night palettes so there's lights in the windows, but I think the yellow is a bit strange- perhaps you could soften it a little or something? Although when I think about it, there's not much you can do when it's supposed to simulate light... Though I suggest playing around with shades of yellow, just to see if you prefer a different shade.
Still, nice work nonetheless, Zodiac :)

ZodiacDaGreat

Years
sir.euge said:
wow the night time makes it look cozy. i can imagine some fireflies. awesome job man
Thank you. Try keep your expectations for this hack lower XD That way you won't get disappointed.

Khorney said:
i jizzed in my pants, loving night/day finally
Thanks

altariaking said:
Liking the day and night, although it's maybe a little too bright imo.
Hmm, well a little :P Any suggestions?

giradialkia said:
Hm, it's great that you've actually edited the Night palettes so there's lights in the windows, but I think the yellow is a bit strange- perhaps you could soften it a little or something? Although when I think about it, there's not much you can do when it's supposed to simulate light... Though I suggest playing around with shades of yellow, just to see if you prefer a different shade.
Still, nice work nonetheless, Zodiac
Thanks a lot. Another reason to that is I suck at graphics, like with Photoshop etc But let's see.

Years
  • Seen Oct 13, 2010
The idea is awsome. For those (like me) who don't have a NDS or NDS emulator, this will be a very useful hack!! Finally a Gold/Silver update for GBA!!

Omega Zero

Is back...
Years
Yo Zodiac you finally back? Cools i can't wait (well actually i can) well that isn't important look foward to the beta no matter what anyone says about this like "what's the point hgss are out already etc" i'll still play it as if it was the new G Remake made by nintendo :D

Good luck again

ZodiacDaGreat

Years
Doctor Scavengar said:
The idea is awsome. For those (like me) who don't have a NDS or NDS emulator, this will be a very useful hack!! Finally a Gold/Silver update for GBA!!
Thank you.

Omega Zero said:
Yo Zodiac you finally back? Cools i can't wait (well actually i can) well that isn't important look foward to the beta no matter what anyone says about this like "what's the point hgss are out already etc" i'll still play it as if it was the new G Remake made by nintendo

Good luck again
Well, I didn't really go but was too lazy to make significant updates. Thanks for your support once again :)

Years
  • Seen May 19, 2012
Thanks a lot. Another reason to that is I suck at graphics, like with photoshop etc But let's see.

is this something you would need assistance with at this stage? i have some madskillz i can lend if necessary

ZodiacDaGreat

Years
Khorney said:
is this something you would need assistance with at this stage? i have some madskillz i can lend if necessary
I mean in terms of spriting, tiles and so on. At the moment, I'm in need of some sprites and graphics.

Years
  • Seen May 19, 2012
this is a good place to start, they've got pretty much everything ripped, particularly tilesets and whatnot:
xxx.spriters-resource.com/gameboy_advance/pokefrlg/index.html
xxx.spriters-resource.com/gameboy_advance/pokers/index.html
xxx.spriters-resource.com/gameboy_advance/pokeem/index.html
and could probably use the trainers from these:
xxx.spriters-resource.com/ds/pokeheartgoldsoulsilver/sheet/28037
xxx.spriters-resource.com/custom_edited/pokemon/sheet/18716

(replace xxx with w's, i can't post links yet)
if you need something specific, i can have a crack at it

ZodiacDaGreat

Years
Nintendork15 said:
What kind of graphical stuff do you need ZDA?
i could ripp/find them for ya
Well, I certainly need overworlds for the Player both male and female as well as their sprites--I don't need the Heart Gold and Soul Silver ones though :P

Back