• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon: Ruins of Alvaron

Valora17

Something Memorable?
Years
oie_textspace_1277142293_35678abd.gif

Welcome to the Pokemon: Ruins of Alvaron Thread!
Information
Valora17
Author
P-RoA
Team
Spriting and Scripting
Status
Unknown
Releases
Hi there, I'm Valora17. I'm currently a Senior in High school, a Cheerleader, and a Theatre Kid. There isn't much to say really, but this is my game: Pokemon - Ruins of Alvaron. As you might have inferred, this is a Pokemon Fan Game. I'm currently leading the project with some help from some friends on other forums, though we could always use the extra help. Originally this project started in February 2010 as Pokemon Abysmal Summer and Primordial Winter, but I scrapped the old idea and created this one anew. A lot of the info is posted below with few pieces left out for suspense purposes --actually, it's not much that's left out. Anyway, I'd love some feedback and help if anyone is interested..

Special Features

Special Features
***150 BRAND NEW pokemon***
***New starter trio! (Steel > Ice > Ground > Steel)***
***New region to explore***
***4 Main Legend!s***
***Explore Kanto, Johto, Hoenn, and Sinnoh!!***
***"Befriend" Pokemon instead of Capture!***
***Get a Job for extra cash and skills!***
***Unique Storyline!***

The Alvaron Region

Spoiler:

This here is the Alvaron Region where your journey begins. It is a region forged originally by the four PokeGods of Seasons. It is formed from several small islands which maintain a wide variety of terrain and habitats in which pokemon thrive. On several islands are the Ruins which are home to the legendary PokeGods and their servants, the Storm Guardians. (And there you have it, seven legends so far. :])

Story and Background

Welcome to the region of Alvaron where pokemon and humans leave harmoniously with one another on a day-to-day basis. The people of Alvaron are best known for their exports to other regions as well as their broad array of skilled workers throughout the region. The people and pokemon of Alvaron are highly, as one might call it, religious; they praise the four legendary PokeGods who maintain the natural stability in their large island paradise. For as many generations as anyone can remember, a story has been passed down which foretells a forthcoming disaster that the deities would ensue when the world needed punishment, so the people of Alvaron have always taken it upon themselves to keep the deities happy by providing offerings at the start of each season to the Ruins of Alvaron.

The general populace of Alvaron does not battle and would rather live with their pokemon as friends, however there is still a relatively large amount of men and women who befriend pokemon for battle as the law states must be done. The region itself does not possess a lab, nor are there individuals who freely give trainers pokemon; a trainer must befriend a pokemon who will then become his or her partner and from then on can freely roam as a trainer.

Plot Line

The intro of the game is very Pokemon Mystery Dungeon like in the sense that you MUST watch it at least once because it's the intro to the game itself. After that you can save in-game and skip whenever you like. Regardless, the intro is a video which shows you whats going on in the region, explaining that the following day is the start of Summer and showing the PokeGod of Summer, Ete. The "player" then goes to sleep and you enter the creation process, which we won't go in to right now.

As you enter the game it starts with you going to work an befriending your first pokemon. You then are introduced to your "Rival(s)." Your character has /always/ wanted to travel, though his parents would not let him/her without protection, and once you acquire your first pokemon they agree to let you travel the region, but you are not allowed to leave Alvaron by any means. Of course, as a child raised in Alvaron your character's main priority is not the endangerment of his friends through the Gym Circuit. His/her main goal is to create a home for his friends, a ranch --so to speak. You can increase the size of your ranch by moving through the region and finding shops that allow such, as well as items and what-not; however your ranch remains very plain with only the basic necessities for your pokemon if you do this. If you enter the gym circuit you are rewarded with additional add-ons such as ponds, forested areas, etc.

However, you soon find that Ete has not awoken from his slumber and Printemps, the PokeGod of Spring, as well as Automne, PokeGod of Autumn, are both aware of this. Automne and Printemps --Opposites-- wage a war for control which highly disrupts the natural flow of things in Alvaron as sections of the region have undergone strange transformations.

--This is all I'm willing to leak right now.--

Sub-Plots

Minor sub-plots for your entertainment can be found here. You do not HAVE to participate in these, unless you want to.

Plot Name: Pirates of Everette Bay
Given by: Lady in Pokemon Center
Information: Meet the Pirates and Barbos, trying to steal what they can from the village and get off with it. Why not teach them that stealing is wrong?
Reward: Cash && Items

Images

Characters

Spoiler:

Pokemon and Fakemon
Spoiler:

Badges and Keys
Spoiler:

Screenshots
Spoiler:

Progress

Images rounded to nearest percentage (or multiple) of "10"
30Percent.gif
Fakemon: 30%
10Percent.gif
Maps: 5%
10Percent.gif
Storyline: 5%
Pyr0.png
Trainers: 1%
Pyr0.png
Over worlds: 1%

Support

[/img]

Team Member

HTML:
[url=http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=222078][img]http://fc00.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2010/202/1/9/team_member_pokemon_PROA_by_PokemonJazarih.png[/img][/url]
Winter

HTML:
[url=http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=222078][img]http://fc03.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2010/200/6/9/winter_by_PokemonJazarih.jpg[/img][/url]
Spring

HTML:
[url=http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=222078][img]http://fc05.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2010/200/0/c/spring_by_PokemonJazarih.jpg[/img][/url]
Summer

HTML:
[url=http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=222078][img]http://fc09.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2010/200/3/4/summer_by_PokemonJazarih.jpg[/img][/url]
Autumn

HTML:
[url=http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=222078][img]http://fc04.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2010/200/4/9/autumn_by_PokemonJazarih.jpg[/img][/url]
Team

Valora17 - Fakemon, Storyline Writer, GFX, Items, Mapping, Tile Artist (Also leading the project)
PokeWebsites - Elaborator (Helps to fill in gaps I may have missed in storyline)
PichuIchu - Elaborator (Helps to recreate and fix areas of storyline)
Killaz - Event Artist (Helps come up with events)
One-That-Never-Was - Tile Artist (Creates Indoor and Building Tiles. Rarely Nature)
Wilcomon - Support Banners && Mapper

Recruiting

Composers (To make Music)
Trainer Artists (To Sprite Trainers)
Mappers (Because I suck at mapping)
Scripters (To help update some scripts and write new ones possibly)
OverWorld Artists (To create Fakemon Overworlds)

Last edited:

Pichuichu

Creator Of (Insert Here)
Years
Sounds good i could help with the plot at the Moment it's a little bit,
Get starter, Find legendary, Beat bad guys, save world kinda thing. Also just so you know the fifth gen region is Isshu. ( Want more info goto http://serebii.net)
not my website Kay just good info.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Oct 28, 2014
Oh hey, I watch you on dA [optimisticxpessimist]. Fancy seeing you here haha. From what you've got so far, your game actually sounds pretty unique. I'll keep an eye on this thread.

Years
  • Age 30
  • USA
  • Seen Dec 10, 2020
Oh, that's very cool. :3 Seems like you've got a good head on your shoulders when it comes to developing, and I look forward to seeing where you take this game! I'd like to see some of your fakemon and sprites, too. :3

Valora17

Something Memorable?
Years
@PichuIchu That'd be great :] I'll PM you about it.

@BrokenxNote Hey OxP :] Well, you get the updates faster than most people here will :) Considering I put everything on dA before I put it anywhere else. Hahahaha ^^

@Zephyr+ Hey! I watch you on dA... if you have that same avatar there, that is. Anyway, I'll be posting them up soon enough... Need to make a new template to go with the new title ^^

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Oct 28, 2014
@PichuIchu That'd be great :] I'll PM you about it.

@BrokenxNote Hey OxP :] Well, you get the updates faster than most people here will :) Considering I put everything on dA before I put it anywhere else. Hahahaha ^^

@Zephyr+ Hey! I watch you on dA... if you have that same avatar there, that is. Anyway, I'll be posting them up soon enough... Need to make a new template to go with the new title ^^

awesome haha. well, id say the same to you, but i update here and on dA at about the same time usually lol. youll see the fakemon in advance though i guess haha

Valora17

Something Memorable?
Years
Hehe ^^; Well, whatever the case 8D

NOTE: Going to be updating the map since that one is Old and still says Thespi... I'm hoping to have this update done by tonight.

Valora17

Something Memorable?
Years
Quick update, Here is the NEW map of Alvaron (Completely made by me using the pallet that my tiler made originally for the old map)
AlvaronMap.png

[Yes, the full, or almost full, process of making the map]
NOTE: Not all areas you can explore are marked, just the significant ones (ie: Gym Cities, the Ruins, Pokemon league, etc. etc.]

As well as a sample (rough draft) of the house tiles for one of the cities.
Dirpoet.png

And finally, an idea of one of my fakemon. This little guy comes in late in the dex, approximately 10 from the end.
ToadBacksprite.png

Dark/Poison (in theory) It has two other pokemon that share a similar quality in that they have the same type and all have that liquidy-concept within their bodies somewhere. I call them a Pseudo-trio which 'control' Invaders (Special: Poison, Paralysis) Extractors (Healing... basically) and Damagers (Physical: Burn, Freeze)

So yeah... I plan on updating every once in a while.

Valora17

Something Memorable?
Years
Brief Team Update:

PokeCommunity:
PokeWebsites - Storyline Help
PichuIchu - Storyline Help

Alternia RPG:
Killaz - Storyline Help
Chaos James - Insight
Snow - Trainers (In theory >>)

DeviantArt:
One-That-Never-Was - Tiles
Sayame Hyuuga - Trainers (and Bases)
Lalo0101 - City Tiles

All:
Me! Valora17 - Fakemon, Storyline Writer (Overall), GFX, Items, Mapping

If you would like to help at all, just drop me a PM. :) Could use Trainer Spriters and OverWorlders the most, or someone with Flash experience.

KingCharizard

C++ Developer Extraordinaire
Years
I like the detail you have put into this game, you've put much thought into it, more than most ill be keeping my eye on this...

ChrisTom

With all regards,
Years
Hey, I'd really like to write some of the story for you. As long as you stick to this project unlike other Hackers, I'd really like to devote my story writing services and see what you think. If you accept or decline please let me know via Visitor Message. I have a large amount of experience including the winning of an award for writing a short story. I'd really like to help you!

With all regards,

-ChrisTom

Valora17

Something Memorable?
Years
@KingCharizard: Alrighty then :]
@ChrisTom: I'll keep that in mind, but for now I think I'm fine :]

UPDATE: My tilers went missing so I've forced myself to learn to Tile :/ These are the ones I have made currently... Daycare Center and "barn" as well as a fence and an attempt at a nature tile (which will not be used >>; )
Take_Care_by_Something_Memorable.png

Valora17

Something Memorable?
Years
Yes? >>; Though I kinda just looked at the style one of my Tilers works in and kind of did what I could to "mimic" it.

Valora17

Something Memorable?
Years
Oh, haha. Thank you :) I'm trying to broaden what I can do myself >>; It'll --in theory-- make things go by faster.

Valora17

Something Memorable?
Years
UPDATE: THere is a new story and [rewritten and somewhat new] Plot :) Here they are for your enjoyment:

127735222620822.gif

Welcome to the region of Alvaron where pokemon and humans leave harmoniously with one another on a day-to-day basis. The people of Alvaron are best known for their exports to other regions as well as their broad array of skilled workers throughout the region. The people and pokemon of Alvaron are highly, as one might call it, religious; they praise the four legendary PokeGods who maintain the natural stability in their large island paradise. For as many generations as anyone can remember, a story has been passed down which foretells a forthcoming disaster that the deities would ensue when the world needed punishment, so the people of Alvaron have always taken it upon themselves to keep the deities happy by providing offerings at the start of each season to the Ruins of Alvaron.

The general populace of Alvaron does not battle and would rather live with their pokemon as friends, however there is still a relatively large amount of men and women who befriend pokemon for battle as the law states must be done. The region itself does not possess a lab, nor are there individuals who freely give trainers pokemon; a trainer must befriend a pokemon who will then become his or her partner and from then on can freely roam as a trainer.

127735223720823.gif

The intro of the game is very Pokemon Mystery Dungeon like in the sense that you MUST watch it at least once because it's the intro to the game itself. After that you can save in-game and skip whenever you like. Regardless, the intro is a video which shows you whats going on in the region, explaining that the following day is the start of Summer and showing the PokeGod of Summer, Ete. The "player" then goes to sleep and you enter the creation process, which we won't go in to right now.

As you enter the game it starts with you going to work an befriending your first pokemon. You then are introduced to your "Rival(s)." Your character has /always/ wanted to travel, though his parents would not let him/her without protection, and once you acquire your first pokemon they agree to let you travel the region, but you are not allowed to leave Alvaron by any means. Of course, as a child raised in Alvaron your character's main priority is not the endangerment of his friends through the Gym Circuit. His/her main goal is to create a home for his friends, a ranch --so to speak. You can increase the size of your ranch by moving through the region and finding shops that allow such, as well as items and what-not; however your ranch remains very plain with only the basic necessities for your pokemon if you do this. If you enter the gym circuit you are rewarded with additional add-ons such as ponds, forested areas, etc.

However, you soon find that Ete has not awoken from his slumber and Printemps, the PokeGod of Spring, as well as Automne, PokeGod of Autumn, are both aware of this. Automne and Printemps --Opposites-- wage a war for control which highly disrupts the natural flow of things in Alvaron as sections of the region have undergone strange transformations.

--For now, I shall leave it there :]--

Back