• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: In which we welcome back Shining Raichu from his extended vacation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Honest

Hi!
Years
When I was younger, I was always under the assumption that they were both the same, except that Nutella had a little bit of cocoa. Guess that never left me =P

Years
  • Seen Aug 25, 2015
Do you think there's such thing as nutella flavoured gelato? Gelato is already smooth, so nutella gelato must be super smoooth.

Yes there it, Ive been to Italy, been to Gelato shops and seen it. I never had it but had Chocolate and Hazlenut Gelato. Gelato is like the best stuff in the history of existence, Nutella would only make it better.

Zeffy

g'day
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Feb 7, 2024
When I was younger, I was always under the assumption that they were both the same, except that Nutella had a little bit of cocoa. Guess that never left me =P

Growing up accustomed to various tastes of peanut butter, I find it a bit weird that you think they have a similar taste lol

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 2, 2024
Is it weird that I love Nutella, but hate peanut butter?

Peanut butter isn't very sweet, is it? At least not the ones I've tried. Mostly.... dry. And salty.

Nutella is SUGAR and CHOCOLATE and smooth nuttyness.

I wonder for how many pages we can keep the nutella/pb discussion up.

Years
  • Seen Aug 25, 2015
Peanut Butter isnt sweet or at least the brand Ive eaten, it's nutty and slghtly salty, but I guess it's ok, not everyone likes it. Nutella has Cocoa in it which is lovely with the slight hazlenut taste, it's awesome. It is sweet too, pretty good on whole wheat toast.

Years
Has anyone had a nutella cake before? Or tiramisu topped with nutella? What about nutella-topped cheesecake :O Somebody should try it out and tell us how it is

Sableye~

Back to PC~
Years
  • Seen Jan 4, 2018
Why, Droomph?

Will I be exterminated if I am to say that I particularly do not care for nutella?
:D
Finally, someone else who doesn't eat it.
I don't eat it because of it containing vanillin, but still.
Today, artificial vanillin is made either from guaiacol or from lignin, a constituent of wood, which is a byproduct of the pulp industry.
(-Wikipedia)

There's some weird stuff in food.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Castoreum
^ The above is used in raspberry, strawberry, and vanilla flavored stuff. .__. It can be labelled as "Natural flavor", too, so you won't even know that you're eating it.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 2, 2024
Castoreum has been traditionally used in Scandinavia for flavoring snaps commonly referred to as "Bäverhojt"
HAHAHAH that is actually true and so gross. But if it is a food additive and perfume ingredient usually, then it suddenly doesn't sound as gross as it did when I used to believe they were actually taking something from the, uh, parts of a beaver and putting it in alcohol xD

Also, don't be too scared of chemicals or strange additives in food. It's all molecules when it comes down to it.

Sableye~

Back to PC~
Years
  • Seen Jan 4, 2018
But it's still in your food!

Also, same of those "chemicals" are carcinogenic. But nooo just because every rat that was fed it ended up with the same kind of cancer doesn't mean it's unsafe!

Years
  • Seen Dec 3, 2013
I'm careful with some of the stuff I eat, but only to a point.
For example, Canola Oil is actually artery clogging. Like, twice as fast as butter. But Canola Oil, or Rapeseed Oil as it's also known by, is extremely cheap so pretty much everything now-a-days has it in it. Of course, companies have started saying that it's healthy for you because it was used to counteract a disease a while back, and because it's dirt cheap.
By that logic, Chemotherapy is good for you too, I mean, it might cure cancer!
But another factor of it is, that yes, if you avoid all kinds of preservatives you will be healthier, but you'll be much less resistant to chemicals.

Anywho, what's up guys? :T

Sableye~

Back to PC~
Years
  • Seen Jan 4, 2018
Paladin, you seriously are too smart haha.
I'm procrastinating getting work done, as always.
Nothing interesting has happened so far. But some guy did walk passed me in the store, and as he did so, grinned and remarked "Me too" to me.
I hadn't said anything. I at first figured that when I moved my mouth slightly, he might've assumed that I was singing the song that was playing or something like that. But that reply wouldn't be grammatically correct if that were the case. ?_?

Also, this reminded me of the people here
Spoiler:

Years
  • Seen Dec 3, 2013
D: Tch, trust me girl, I'm not that smart.

Yeeeeeah, that's weird. I wonder why he said that though. :?
Had you said something to someone with you at the time that he could have been agreeing with you about?

Really? I usually think of Dcc like this on a slow day:
Spoiler:

Or this on a busy day:
Spoiler:

Sableye~

Back to PC~
Years
  • Seen Jan 4, 2018
Tchh.

That first gif is so accurate. X} No matter how hard we try, on a slow day, DCC cannot be saved.

...you know how when you see/hear/whatever something particularly funny, you end up laughing enough that it becomes painful?
Spoiler:

I'm dying.
I don't care if I'm white. It still is funny.

Edit:
Either you guys left, or I've offended everybody haha.

Last edited:

droomph

weeb
Years
Spoiler:

nope, I've been busy making scribbles.

speaking of race I wish I was more…something else. Everything about me that isn't psychological is Chinese. It gets boring.

Years
  • Seen Dec 3, 2013
@Jess:
Nope, not offended. Funny 'cus it's true.
I really want to learn how to dance really well though. . . All I can do right now is waltz, which I'm pretty sure everybody can.

I've never had Nutella. :I
I like peanut butter though! It's great with apples.

Years
Never had Nutella, but i know people who are addicted to that stuff {XD}

I also have a taste for peanut butter, especially on pretzels.. however I try not to overload myself on peanut butter because of how much it fills my stomach up.. one day a few years ago I felt sick to my stomach because the day prior I had too much peanut butter :S

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back