• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

How the Mighty Have Fallen

T!M

Four Category MoTY (VG) Winner
Years
The death of character. Sometimes it shakes our very cores, sometimes we shrug it off like lightly fallen snow on our shoulders. The point of this thread is to discuss the former. What characters in video games, that have died, have made you hurt and feel sad and say: "Crap! Why did he have to die?"

Please note, this obviously excludes temporary deaths that are easily resolved with Phoenix Downs.

Moving on. What character or characters do you wish were still in their respective series' today?

Update

Mach pointed out that spoilers should be used when citing any character's death. Please do this as one person has already spoiled a death. I take partial blame for not telling guys to do it to begin with, so, sorry Mach.

Last edited:

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
Years
...Well, since this can easily get pretty spoilery very quickly (as it did in the first reply, as I still have yet to finish Persona 3), I think it best to put the replies in spoilers with the name on top, like so:

Final Fantasy VII
Spoiler:

It's just a suggestion, but it will be almost impossible for anyone to read the thread without becoming privy to one spoiler that they weren't aware of and would've rather found out on their own.

Reactions: T!M

T!M

Four Category MoTY (VG) Winner
Years
...Well, since this can easily get pretty spoilery very quickly (as it did in the first reply, as I still have yet to finish Persona 3), I think it best to put the replies in spoilers with the name on top, like so:

Final Fantasy VII
Spoiler:

It's just a suggestion, but it will be almost impossible for anyone to read the thread without becoming privy to one spoiler that they weren't aware of and would've rather found out on their own.

Thanks Mach, foolish of me not to consider this to begin with. My bad. I'll update the title thread right now.

Also, that poor Soldier... Truly the most shocking death in the games. Some cow got killed earlier or something, but what was her name, Paris or some shaz?

Years
  • Age 16
  • Seen May 28, 2019
Spoiler:

Persona 4 spoilers

HE DIDN'T DO ANYTHING TO DESERVE IT GOD DAMMIT. At least his **** list will live on.

Oh yeah these three nobodies as well. (Ace Attorney)
Spoiler:

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 16
  • Seen May 28, 2019
Spoilers, Spine, add the spoilers.
In a thread about dead characters I can't think of one single person who'd come here without knowing the risks of spoilers, but alright.

Mine was pretty minor anyway, doesn't exactly reveal much fortunately. (except add to it, if anything)

Dragon

lover of milotics
Years
@Spino: OMG, I hated him, ahahaha, but, he was an interesting fellow with quite the speak. :p

Anywho, someone from Tales of Abyss:

Spoiler:

Ugh, I really disliked the way she had to pass on. ;w;

thedestinedblade

Radiant Cool Boy
Years
I tried thinking a bit and the first that comes to mind is from Lufia II.

Spoiler:

Can't forget all those "supposed" deaths in FFIV either. {XD}

Years
  • Age 16
  • Seen May 28, 2019
Can't forget all those "supposed" deaths in FFIV either. {XD}
Ugh. They go out of their way to make this emotional scene, then later in the game you see them and think "wait, why the hell are you here?!".

And the worst thing is that, outside of the GBA game, THEY WON'T EVEN JOIN YOU AGAIN.

Well there was one who actually did die...in a stupid way.

This actually happens in Fire Emblem Awakening, pretty much every canon dead character comes back, although in the post game. One does rise from the dead ALL AS A PART OF A SECRET PLAN TO TRICK THE FINAL BOSS AND FIND OUT WHAT THE OPPONENT IS UP TO WHAT

Back