• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Staff Feedback Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
The Staff Feedback Thread

Back by popular demand!
For reference, The Staff Feedback Thread, Pt. I

Much like the first incarnation of this thread, we've decided to post this thread here (again) to gauge how well the user-base (non-staff) thinks the forum is being run by the staff team, because your opinion is what really matters to us in the long run.

Use this thread to post your honest opinions of how well you think the site is being run. This thread is here because your input is invaluable to the forum running process - we wouldn't be here if not for all of you. If there's anything you feel we could be doing any better, please please please feel free to post it here. If it's something that's bothering you, something you've noticed around PC, etc, it's something worth posting here.

That being said:

• Feel free to give constructive feedback for any staff member, Moderator through Site Administrator. Also on the staff in general.
  • Please leave any personal grudges, gripes, disagreements, etc, out of this thread.
  • Do not rant. This thread is meant have a friendly atmosphere and be constructive in nature.
  • Feel free to post your opinions here, but they're not meant to be debated amongst yourselves in this thread.
  • Anything following those rules is constructive & appropriate for this thread. Add anything and everything you'd like!

Disclaimer:

Failure to abide by the above rules, as well as all the usual PokéCommunity Rules regarding language, appropriateness, respect, and so on will result in swift punishment.

If you have any questions about the thread or what would be acceptable to post here, please feel free to drop me a PM or VM, or to contact another administrator. Get posting!

Last edited by a moderator:

Sirfetch’d

I'll post in this one since I neglected to get my opinions out in the last staff feedback thread. I'll start by saying that as a whole, I really think that the staff is doing a fairly good job maintaining the community throughout. Every staff member that I have personally spoken to(which is the majority of them) have all been very friendly, helpful, and very accepting of whatever the discussion at hand was. I know that balancing real life with forum moderation is a tedious task, but from what I have seen, every staff member is able to do so very well which is something that can't be said for all forums.

I'll comment about a few sections(mostly the ones that I frequent the most) on how well I feel the moderators are handing those said sections and if anything, what can be done in my opinion to improve it. I will only comment though in the sections that I frequent the most because I would not feel right giving an evaluation on areas that I have little to no knowledge about.

The Welcome Lounge - I don't really post in this section at all, but I do like to read through the introductions that are posted here because I like to get to know many new people here. Every time that I visit here, the first thing that I notice is how well Cirno welcomes each and every user that joins. I always find her to be so friendly and willing to go out of her way to make sure that the new users feel welcomed to PC. I have absolutely no qualms about this section at all and I feel that Cirno is doing an excellent job as staff here.

Pokémon X & Pokémon Y - This is by far the busiest section that I have ever seen here at my time on PC. This section is constantly being spammed with unacceptable threads, but yet Artemis and Suicune™ are able to keep it running as smoothly as possible. Sometimes I feel like an extra team member would be of great assistance, but I haven't felt that way as of late because of how efficiently it seems to be running even at the busiest time for that forum. Once again, great staffing on the parts of those moderators and those hstaff members who selected them to take control of X&Y.

Fifth Generation Gaming- I haven't been in this section as of late because the hype and discussion surrounding 5th gen is obviously going down with the new generation approaching, but I will still say that this forum is running smoothly in my opinion just like the majority of the forums here at PC. I have no complaint's about this area and I feel that both moderators here have done an excellent job keeping this area kept up nicely.

Battle Center - As a battle server regular, I frequent this forum quite a bit and I have nothing more to say other than Wolflare is doing an excellent job here as staff. I certainly would love to see more activity here, but I know that he is doing everything that he can to bring activity to this once lively section. PC just isn't a competitive community like it once was. That doesn't fall on Wolf though as staff. I would also like to note that he does an excellent job maintaining the battle sever which is now a staple for the community.

General Pokémon Gaming Discussions- Going to list this huge section as one instead of breaking it down piece by piece. Sydian has probably the hardest moderation job of anyone with all of her sections to look over. Although they aren't always the most active sections she still has to upkeep multiple forums and I feel as if she is doing an excellent job in that regard. If I could wish for one thing in this area it would be more discussion based gaming topics, but that doesn't really fall on the shoulders of Syd so really no complaints at all here. Curious. is also doing an excellent job keeping 4th generation gaming running efficiently.

Pokémon General - This is probably the Pokemon section that I frequent the most and for good reason. Both Red's Hawt Chibi Pelippers and Brendino have done an excellent job as moderators by bringing life back to this area that seemed to have died off for a while there. I love the amount of thought that is put into the discussion based threads here as well as the great voting polls that these moderators have come up with. The Favorite Pokemon Tournament idea was a great way to bring activity to this section and kudos to them for coming up with the idea.

Pokémon Clubs - I can't say much about this section other than it is run by 2 of the finest moderators here at PC. AlexOzzyCake and Olli97 both do an excellent job of keeping, in my opinion, one of the hardest areas to moderate up an running as smoothly as possible. They both go out of their way to help with the making of the clubs such as offering CSS help and anything else that you could think of. Both are avid members of multiple clubs in the section which is very important for club moderators to do. Great job here!

Chit Chat & Polls - The section that I frequent the most! One reason for that is the great staffing that is going on here. When this area was changed to CC&P and started shooting for more discussion based topics I honestly did not feel like that would be much of a success. I thought that people were too adjusted to the "post and go" threads and would never be able to have discussions on a regular basis here. I was completely wrong about that and full credit goes to Vertigo and Shining Raichu for that. Both encouraged discussion and made the place much more lively than before. Great job here as well.

I would have liked to comment more, but any sections I left out doesn't mean that I thought there was any staff issues there, but I just don't have much of an opinion. I just wanted to give a few positive comments on the areas that I felt most comfortable doing so.

Last edited:

Nathan

Blade of Justice
Years
Since I haven't talked to all of the staff or I don't go on certain parts of the forums at all, my list may not be complete but here :
Cirno: I have never seen someone who likes greeting new users more than her. She puts dedication and love into her job and that makes it amazing. Continue being awesome!
AlexOzzyCaze and Olli97: While I'm not a very active member in Pokemon Clubs, I find these two to be really helpful. They give their all to control the section and they're doing a great job so far.
Sydian: As Jelli mentioned, she probably has the hardest job on here but she does it so well! During the small time when I was active in Challenges, Syd was a great and funny mod and I hope she'll stay for many more years!
Curious.: How can I forget my fellow Nathan? :P He's the first mod who talked to me and was instantly very friendly. He also moderates his section quite well so kudos to him!
Wolflare: I do not frequent his section a lot but from what I've seen here and on the server, he's an excellent staff member!
Vertigo and Shining Raichu: They are handling CCP very well and make it a great place for members to chat. They're also very friendly and awesome!
Razor Leaf: A great and fun guy to be around and handles his smod tasks very well imo!
Livewire: All hail Batman! Livewire is a great dude who is also a great mod. He handled the formerly-OCD and D&D very well and totally deserved his promotion!
To the rest of the staff: You guys are all making a great job on keeping PC an awesome forum and keep it up guys.

So that's it for my crappy feedback. Probably won't matter anyway :P

Elaitenstile

I am legend
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Feb 27, 2015
I hope we can post Staff Feedback more than once...? If so, I'd like to take my time with all my thoughts and stuff.

Firstly, the whole h-staff and admins handle the forums exceptionally well. I appeal to their systematic and diligent nature and am of course quite impressed by the whole system of management around the place. Voicing your opinions isn't so easy around here, but that also means that the bad ones go easily avoided. I remember quite a few "eccentric" suggestions in CQ&F and was glad to see minor debates sparking up too.

Breaking through the sugarcoating, I'd like to say that this place is alright. Minor problems here and there but... nothing that doesn't go away after it's noticed. That's the best part, I think. Immediately you guys take on a problem and eliminate it. The forums being open to public suggestions is a good idea for the transparency of things, regardless of the dislike of negative opinions that may or may not have sparked up in the past.

An ode to the Site Admin of this forum:
Never personally met you save for you solving a problem with regard to activating my email for this account. But that doesn't rather have to leave you an ominous outlook, you're in fact the only person who no-one can stand up to around here. And that means a lot, since you've got to look around here and solve the problems every time. Visited PPN Studio and it's pretty cool as well. So some kind of a memento for owning the forums.

not forgetting the founder Master Kwesi Nkromah who did a lot back in the days unknown to me and basically necromanced this forum into existence

An ode to the Staff Administrators of this forum:
It's cool. Nothing more can be said lol because you guys probably do much work behind the scenes along with Rukario. I know a certain Ausaudriel who is completely fail at programming this community and doesn't know the first thing when it comes to handling a forum. Alright, so I guess you're pretty much awesome for doing that. I haven't really seen Morkula around but I suppose everyone hangs out somewhere... sometimes. Sylphiel made that filler page picture of Joltik eating up a poor Porygon a while back and I was pretty inspired by the art. Hiroshi Sotomura, on the other hand, is always around here and there to help out the community at times (apart from doing that hack thing I recently played) so credits to him.

You guys also come around and help us out and thus are very informative and unbiased. Before I went on, I remembered to remember a certain Went who has been quite active around the forums as well and basically fit in the descriptions I so unnecessarily repeated for almost every other staff aforementioned. So some kind of memento for leading the forums.

An ode to the Super Moderators of this forum:
Why look who came here! After a sudden swap of two beloved S-Mods I suddenly feel confused about who is who and what is what. Nevertheless sometimes I fall down when it comes to this. S-Mods are more "personal" in a level than Admins so I guess that makes them easier to rate than Admins. I feel all S-Mods are well-deserving of their place (no exceptions) and they have been justified at their high place in the forums. There is two or three things to watch out for in the forums, and one of them is bobandbill. He comes in the guise of a flying doughnut and wrecks havoc with a sledgehammer. That apparently means he solves most problems around the community that borderline between personal and community level. Also heading the BBS I may have a lot to say about his humour and writing. Coincidentally, he's S-Mod of SPPF Forums as well so I get that this takes Effort with the capital E intended. I remember Razor Leaf when he gave me my first emblem (for my birthday). Back then he was still a mod, so I was quite surprised to see him promoted when I came back from my second LOA. Since then he's done much for the community and improved transparency in the business. Probably even longer I should think of TwilightBlade who confuses me with all this RNG stuff and thus makes me want to buy a 3DS and join the tutoring program, Other than that perhaps throwing pictures of cute kittens and puppies on the VM Page is a good pass time activity highly suggested by Olli97.

I know that all these great S-Mods were once Moderators at one time, but looking back I don't see them as regular members though. As I've mentioned before they borderline between mods and admins so that means they must get the best of both worlds. And besides wow to Captain Fabio for sticking around this long and helping out the forums this long. He's really understanding and a good person in general. Not counting Livewire and Astinus who both recently got promoted since I haven't seen much of their S-Modding around but they're pretty awesome so far! In general, you guys give prolonged inspiration to everybody and bestow (at least to me) a sense of unity among the community. I suggest a better name for you guys could be "Executive Staff" or something of the sort because that may just describe you guys well. So some kind of memento for handling the forums.

An ode to the Moderators of this forum:
WOW YOU GUYS ROCK SO MUCH I'M GOING TO WRITE THE FIRST THREE SENTENCES IN CAPS. COOL, RIGHT? NOW LET'S GO ON. I'm going to make you guys go anti-walls of text for this one, I hope. Due to the constant switching of staff at this level, it's hard for me to cling on to a certain Moderator for long before finding that he/she is promoted/demoted. Coming back, I remember a few ex-staff who were dear and missed by many, I've learnt to form a General Opinion about you guys instead. Right from the day I joined till this date and maybe for long in the future, I had and will fear you guys (and obviously all those guys I mentioned before) till the bean. I've mentioned this quite a few times, but being accountable to all these geez around the forums must be hard. Some places like the TCG and Trade Corner I wish I was in, I dearly wish I had a few cards to talk about because I happen to love cards, but it's sad to see inactivity prominent around the TCG nowadays. I only dabble in theory, but perhaps X&Y will increase activity around Alternative Pokémon Discussions? It sure does make a difference to see pep in certain forums, and that's what moderators are all about. Many moderators have managed to bring life in forums, and POKÉMON GENERAL is no exception. The thing about POKÉMON GENERAL is that Brendino and RHCP have managed to bring life to POKÉMON GENERAL so much that POKÉMON GENERAL has become more than twice as active as POKÉMON GENERAL simply because the duo manage POKÉMON GENERAL like bosses. It saddens me to see that the "é" in the heading is not capitalized, by the way. You may want to change that to increase the coolness of POKÉMON GENERAL.

Going to the X&Y forums makes me feel like going back out, though. It's too intense for me! I feel regret of not having X&Y so I hang out in other places. That's why I don't form an opinion on Suicune™ or Artemis. Fifth Generation Gaming does get a lot of frequent and I'm not surprised. I happen to personally love the forum but I don't feel like going there these days due to my unavailability of any Pokémon games above III Gen. The Trade and Battle Centers are not frequented by me much and I attribute that to my lack of availability of any games above III Gen. I thought that was gonna change when I bought my 3DS, but it so happens that I didn't (yet). Thus I regret to say there are many forums unexplored by me and I am not able to do you moderators around those parts justice... terribly sorry, guys. I'm sure you're great!

After the short skim on POKÉMON GENERAL, The other alternative discussions are handled very well. EternallyAnna does a high amount of justice to Pokémon Anime and because of EternallyAnna I find myself posting there sometimes. Honestly, you're awesome. Holding the baton, I go down to AN AWESOME FORUM CALLED POKÉMON CLUBBBBBBBBBS modded by the EVEN MORE AWESOME AlexOzzyCake and Olli97. YOU GUYS ARE THE BEST MOD DUO EVERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR (along with RHCP and Brendino that is) and I honestly say that you guys manage the place ****-and-span and always promote activity in the section. And Ozzy is a very nice guy to talk to, as well! You guys are awesome <3 . Then going to Pokémon Trivia... eh, I don't form a general opinion here. I'm too busy enjoying to ever think of what's going on. I hope this means mods are cool here. Going to General Pokémon Gaming Discussions, the place is not bad either. Sydian is an awesome pseudo-S-mod handling this whale of a forum, but... it's not that big and bustly, really. In all honesty, the only reason I came to the place was for talking about the Hoenn region but... I've got more reasons to stay there now. Fourth Generation is sort of a limbo now, I feel that the forum along with Fifth Generation Gaming should be shifted to another subforum, "Active Generation Gaming Discussions". But that's just me, I suppose. The place is swiftly moderated by Curious., so that's pretty fine. In general, Sydian's moderation along with the helping hand of Curious. makes this forum feel extremely homely, save for it being not that big and bustly.

Going to my hometown, Creative Discussions, this place can often get messy. This is probably because of the amount of people who come here in the guise of ROMing Hacks. Or Hacking ROMs, I think. I forget which. Anyway, the point is that at one time I came here in the guise of Hacking ROMs. I wasn't disappointed. That's how I met the Emulation & ROM Hacking forum. giradialkia is the first moderator I happen to meet at a time when every other forum seemed foreign to me. He's pretty good at modding along with Dr.Fuji who may just continue his awesome ROM Hack. You guys rock, seriously. The Roleplay Corner, we-elll... it could be a bit more friendly. I'm not holding a personal grudge or a complaint or a whine or anything here, but the place is a bit too intimidating for me. Never mind that, I'm sure all the RP'ers can beat me to a punch if I go on lol. I'm also sure Skymin and Magic Fox handle the place well. Fanfiction & Writing seems very nice and Astinus formerly managed it very well. He still manages it very well, and I think whoever gets the forum next will be closely watched by me (#spookystalkereyes). I wish I had more time and energy to contribute here with my fic and poems but... that's a story for another day, we may say! Game Development is another forum which I rightly feel should be headed by Maruno. I don't want to get very precise over here, but the thing is that I feel not many could take his place. He's a more no-nonsense guy, but extremely unbiased. I feel he's very just. ART & DESIGN OMG I LOVE YOU. My current abode and not surprised. Alexial is very nice and tends to be extremely helpful to the newcomers who do something against the rules and makes sure they don't leave with a sorry face. Derozio was an awesome former mod and will be missed. Inside Art & Design is my favourite forum, Pixel Art. I love the place and Logeidan totally lives up to everyone's expectations. True, it's not the most active forum but it IS rather nice. There are all sorts of people coming over there to get their pixels rated and even fun games in the subsection Pixel Projects. Logeidan is awesome on his own right and I wouldn't see that changing... ever.

Entertainment & Hobbies is not a section I visit, I'm sorry, so this adds to the list of my personal unexplored places. Mostly because I don't own any gaming console, I don't have much experience with computers and I don't have an advanced social lifestyle. I aim to change that, though. The moderators here especially ZachLMedia are very cool. In Off-Topic Discussions I see a lot of life because that's the place where all people are sure to stay. Chit-Chat & Polls has become somewhat like the fastfood hub of PC, and that's a compliment and not one at the same time. It has the most activity (not counting the Trivia forums) but it's a lot of post-and-go. There are not much discussions here, but I suppose that's about it. Shining Raichu and Vertigo are pretty nice... but they manage to mod this forum so well. That's not just that, it's just that I like the style of the place and the management seems to be good as well. As much as I'm intimidated to make a thread there, these guys are THE BOMB. I've seen three mods in D&D... Toujours, Livewire and the newly promoted Scarf. Honestly, Scarf is an awesome debater. I wouldn't step in there anytime soon without steel in me, so that says a lot. Other than that Scarf manages the forum well and has a better position than in Pixel Art. But I'm admitting Scarf is flawless in Pixel Art, too. I haven't even smelled Fan Clubs & Groups like... ever, so don't expect me to synopsis on that. I think I've clicked it for the first time today. Going on to Forum Games, like Pokémon Trivia I'm too busy having fun to judge it. It IS an awesome place to get feedback for your signatures and other things, though. That's why I always post in there as soon as I take a new sig.

I've only missed one forum now - The Welcome Lounge. Cirno does an awesome job and the place is handled very well. I rarely post there, but when I do, I see a big jump in my postcount! It's nice to welcome new members especially since they're coming to such an awesome forum. One thing I've noticed is that Cirno tries her best to welcome EACH AND EVERY newcomer. I give you that this is a forum that's always up but you can't exactly call it active... because it's not that kind of active we're talking about here.

All in all, you guys are so awesome and I hope you understand my intentions of capitalizing my first three most valuable sentences in my description about you guys. I wholeheartedly say that I love you guys. So some kind of memento for running the forums.

An ode to the Ex-Staff of this forum:
I have never seen a staff member who I thought was unworthy. You guys should be forever remembered somewhere. It's sad to see that there IS no Ex-Staff rank or a place to record all ex-staff, because I don't want to leave you guys forgotten. I know a certain Derozio who used to manage A&D very well and he was a good long-time moderator and I was sad to see him leave his place. I know another certain Dominic and he was a super-efficient ex-S-mod who recently left his position. I don't want to go on with my PC Ex-Staff Chronicles, so I'll leave it at that. So some kind of memento for making things that happened happen in the forums.

I've let out a lot about what I wanted to say here, and I made it an effort not to miss out a single name. While I'm singing my praises to you guys, I apologise for becoming more personal. Feel free to edit out/delete this post if considered necessary/redundant. To those mods who mod sections I don't frequent, I'll turn a new leaf and try to come back to you guys! Once again, I'm sorry I don't have much to say about you!

RSVP

TL;DR : This site rocks, all thanks to staff.

Last edited:

derozio

[b][color=red][font=helvetica][i]door-kun best boi
Years
Oh wow, someone remembers me. How touching. :'D Thanks, man.

I'm on phone like always so will keep this short. Cirno deserves a medal for the work she does in NU/W. She's ****ing awesome. I bet quuuuuite a big portion of new members even decided to stay here ONLY because she made them feel welcomed around here. Props to Shivi and Suicune for managing XY. It gotta be chaotic, huh? And Sydian. The one person who I have utmost respect for. She manages her sections like a boss [i wanted to be like her when i was staff omg] and is the oldest mod here right now. Vertigo is doing an awesome job in ccnp too. Good job, mah homie dipu!! Astinus and Li....Orange-kun. Ya peeps doing a good job so far. Again, happy you got promoted!

And I don't think I even need to talk about how much I looooooooooove Alexial and TwilightBlade. You guys know how I feel about ya. Talking of ex staff though, I miss Cid. A lot.

Nihilego

[color=#95b4d4]ユービーゼロイチ パラサイト[/color]
Years
You guys are all so wonderful. 8)

Something I want addressed in this thread specifically is the previously perceived gap, in both terms of activity and approachability, between the higher staff and the rest of the memberbase. It's something that's been discussed a few times - on a staff level and also somewhat in the previous thread like this one, as well as with a couple of people personally - and I wanted to see where people stand on it now. So... have at it, guys! How do you think hstaff-memberbase interaction is right now?

derozio

[b][color=red][font=helvetica][i]door-kun best boi
Years
I'll just frankly state what things have been like for me.

You and Live respond everytime. You're really approachable. Same goes for Blade. In fact, even though she's probably one of the busiest people here, she still feels more approachable than a majority of staff members. Idk. I haven't really had the chance to talk much with asty after she got promoted so idk. But she's generally not intimidating either.

Fabio is a cool guy and I feel pretty comfortable to ask anything I need of him. Gav is gav. Kinda lazy when it comes to replying to VMs but he got a lot on his plate I guess. Among admins, Went is the most approachable, hands down. He also seems to be the most active guy. Jake did help me out with my account problems once in 2009 I guess. But i haven't contacted him for anything after that. I consulted other admins like Went whenever I felt the need. Take of it what you wish to. Audy is great. Although he's pretty lazy when it comes to VMs too. Like gavvy. But I don't feel repelled by him. A warm guy. Mork is easily one of the friendliest peeps. I don't think I have any problems with him. Or any other current staff member for that matter.

Years
As far as approachability goes, I think that answering VM's/PM's in a more timely manner would go a long way to clear up any issues there. Be visible to members, obviously outside the staff boards. Or just strike up a conversation, with anyone. (AKA be friendly?) I do think it's loads better now than it was before though.

/twocents

Crunch Punch

fire > ice
Years
Magic Fox and Skymin do a good job in the Roleplay Corner, are decently active and great to talk with. Kudos to them and stuff.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jan 2, 2024
Being approachable is part of the job description, I should think. We're here to help people. For mods, it should be fairly easy as we are usually active in our sections and interact and post with our regulars. For h-staff, I can see how it can be more difficult if they don't have a section they frequent the most. Or rather, because they are expected to be somewhat responsible for stuff across every section, that is why people think they seem less approachable. But someone from A&D or the Trade Corner wouldn't really feel great coming to me about problems, just as they might not feel as comfortable coming to an admin or smod who don't hang around their favorite section a lot.

But yeah, even I get happy every time an admin replies to my VMs so that would definitely help, haha.

Sirfetch’d

Something I want addressed in this thread specifically is the previously perceived gap, in both terms of activity and approachability, between the higher staff and the rest of the memberbase. It's something that's been discussed a few times - on a staff level and also somewhat in the previous thread like this one, as well as with a couple of people personally - and I wanted to see where people stand on it now. So... have at it, guys! How do you think hstaff-memberbase interaction is right now?

This was something that I was going to bring up in my original post once I edited it a bit later, but I'll just make a clean fresh post here and give my 2cents on the issue.

Personally I feel that communication and interaction is pretty good for the most part between hstaff and the memberbase. While I personally haven't communicated with all of the higher staff here, I feel very comfortable talking to those who I do have conversations with regularly such as Morkula and Razor Leaf. I feel as if I have any issues that I could approach either one of these as well as any other higher staff and have it resolved. That said, I can see why some would not see as much communication and approachability between hstaff and the memberbase as one would like. I feel like answering VM/PMs in a faster way would be the first step in fixing this, but also I feel like some hstaff could do as Live suggested and start up conversations more frequently with some of the members(which is what Razor Leaf and Morkula did with me). The reason that I bring this up is, a lot of the time hstaff will come off as intimidating especially to newer members, but if people see that hstaff are just like any of us, friendly and approachable, things would be much better in that regard.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 32
  • UK
  • Seen Oct 17, 2023
Magic Fox and Skymin do a good job in the Roleplay Corner, are decently active and great to talk with. Kudos to them and stuff.

Thank you :3.

The Roleplay Corner, we-elll... it could be a bit more friendly. I'm not holding a personal grudge or a complaint or a whine or anything here, but the place is a bit too intimidating for me. Never mind that, I'm sure all the RP'ers can beat me to a punch if I go on lol. I'm also sure Skymin and Magic Fox handle the place well.

Sorry to cut your post down so much ><. I'm sorry to hear you say that RPC is a bit intimidating. However, I agree with you to a certain extent. Many roleplays seem inaccessible to newcomers as they are filled with regulars, or people who have a lot of experience writing long, detailed roleplay posts. Our discussion thread is also rather stale... it goes through active patches.

That being said, I hope you give RPC another shot. I have a new roleplay event that will be open to newbies, based on the Kalos region. I hope that it'll encourage more people to join in with the roleplays rather than feeling unable. :)

Years
I don't have much experience with computers
And this is something I want to get known, is that Technology & Internet is not just for users who are into computers and technology.. and I'm attempting my best to encourage users who don't know a whole lot about computers, technology and the internet to give the section a try. Sure there might be a lot of topics in there that get a little too technical, but over the next few weeks, I'm probably going to start adding some more topics (created by myself probably) on the internet side of things and not so much on the technology side that way more users can feel free to actually post within the section.

The moderators here especially ZachLMedia are very cool.
Aw, thanks. :3c

And to add on, if there's anything I can improve on with how I moderate T&I, please always feel free to let me know! I'm also interested in how y'all think I've done with the section following in the footsteps of past moderators of the section as well! :)

Dragon

lover of milotics
Years
Um, so, if you guys don't mind me asking, I've just been wondering - there was a conversation on the last Staff Feedback thread about the reasons why there haven't been a mod picked in Video Games for a year for.. various reasons, and there was a lot of turmoil from that, so, I guess I was under a bit of pressure, haha...

So, I guess from all that, I'm just wondering, how are you guys liking the Video Games section from me modding it?

Salzorrah

[font=Montserrat][b][color=#66CC66]g[/color][color
Years
I'm going to do feedback on the mods that handle the sections I frequent so :3

Let's start with NU/W or New Users/Welcome TWL or The Welcome Lounge! Well, Cirno does a terrific job handling new members and such... Even though I dont frequent her section much, her presence is truly known...

PoC or Pokemon Clubs, well AlexOzzyCake and Olli97 are terrific mods at that section, they make a great mod team and handles Pokemon Clubs with finesse and effectivity. Good job guys! :)

PGen or Pokemon General, Red's Hawt Chibi Pelippers and Brendino worked their asses off bringing back PGen to its former glory and as much as possible making that section very lively... They've made PGen the Pokemon CCP xD Good luck guys on your future endeavors :)

RPC or Roleplay Corner, Since I joined the RP scene the first time, Skymin was the only mod at RPC at that time. She led the RP corner with determination and made the RP corner a good place to hang out... After returning the RP scene, Magic Fox became Skymin's mod partner and then both of them lead the section fearlessly... I'm just sorry for Swiftie there for mindblowing his brain one time xD

CCP or Chit Chat & Polls, well, what can I say? Vertigo and Shining Raichu definitely gets a plus here making sure CCP doesnt collapse in utter chaos! Great work you guys :)

and finally the forum I call home, FCG or Fan Clubs & Groups... Well Andy! You've made a terrific job handling FCG, also taking in my suggestions, that was nice of you too, and since FCG is really laidback, there's not much mod reports for you to handle here in FCG! :3 Lead FCG great Andy!

To the Hstaff, more specifically, Live, Leaf, Gav, and Blade you guys rule! Thank you for being there and balance everything :)

_____

I have a suggestion though but this might raise some attention here but, can we like have a Staff Hall of Fame or something, to remember the PC ex-staff, and their contributions to this amazing forum? And with that, I bid farewell...

Sirfetch’d

Um, so, if you guys don't mind me asking, I've just been wondering - there was a conversation on the last Staff Feedback thread about the reasons why there haven't been a mod picked in Video Games for a year for.. various reasons, and there was a lot of turmoil from that, so, I guess I was under a bit of pressure, haha...

So, I guess from all that, I'm just wondering, how are you guys liking the Video Games section from me modding it?

I don't post much in VG as much as I should, but I do browse it quite a bit and what stands out to me the most is the sheer activity that you brought to it before and after your modding. I don't think that forum has been this active in a very long time. You brought many new and original thread ideas and events such as VG Arcade Week and such that made that section so much better than it was while in that long period of being staffless. Really great job, imo!

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jan 2, 2024
aaah people enjoy Pokémon General! *happycries on Brendino's shoulder*

I have a suggestion though but this might raise some attention here but, can we like have a Staff Hall of Fame or something, to remember the PC ex-staff, and their contributions to this amazing forum? And with that, I bid farewell...
I can only speak my personal opinion, but I think the staff members who deserve to be remembered often are, even without a hall of fame. If you have done your job well, you can lean back and enjoy the rest of your life without being on a dusty list somewhere. I know I kind of felt like that after I resigned from being a mod some years ago, at least :)

ganesha

The Graphical Master
Years
I have a suggestion too.

Mods when you find a thread which is wrong place just move it to the right place instead of closing it and saying this not the right place to post it, etc etc.

It won't look good to have wrong topics in a section even when they are closed.

Hope you take this suggestion :D

Sirfetch’d

Mods when you find a thread which is wrong place just move it to the right place instead of closing it and saying this not the right place to post it, etc etc.

The moderators do this and do an excellent job at it. If the thread is not in the right section they will usually immediately either merge it with an existing thread that it appropriately fits in or move it to the section that it is meant to be posted in. The only reason that they wouldn't normally move it or merge it is if it doesn't fit the criteria needed or if there is a duplicate. There are some instances where the moderator might just close it because they are unsure, but for the most part I don't see an issue here with the staff on this.

bobandbill

one more time
Years
I have a suggestion too.

In regards to this and to add onto the above post (darn ninja-ing!), sometimes it's not possible or feasible to do so. Sometimes moving a thread to a different section will likely have the thread closed by that section's mod/s, so it just means delaying the end result and giving the work to someone else. Other times there's a specific thread that covers the one in question (e.g. help thread in 4th gen when a question thread is made in Pokemon General), but mods in Pokemon General cannot actually merge threads outside their own section, just within. Or say the section the thread belongs in requires mod approval by the mods of said section, so moving it there would bypass the process the thread should go though.

I agree that in general it is good to move the thread to the right section, but it's not always the best course of action. It's a case-by-case basis at any rate.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back