• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Roleplay Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
Years
Yeah, it really doesn't matter what true lore is (especially when it comes to the legendaries that we don't know all too much about), at the end of the day the RP is what the GM makes of it, it's their universe and everything in it (besides the characters) is theirs as well, there's no reason to argue over why the RP or its views are wrong. Well, unless you want to, of course.

|Equinox|

Going on a hiatus :'(
Years
I don't want to (: I just don't like it when people make a fuss about some facts. It's an RP, it's not real and it can be a 'what if' scenario so yep it's not a big deal ^^

ShinyDiamond

[b]The Other Promise[/b]
Years
Uh, hi! I'm kinda new around here, but I've been looking in here off and on today. I kinda like the pokemon-reversal idea [Equinox] has. I find it kinda ironic and funny, along with a pretty cool plot as far as I can tell. I've read the other posts, the RP's advertised seem kinda cool, but it's like, midnight here and I don't feel like trying to comment on every single thing tonight. xD

:) Welcome to the RP Corner. Hope you have a good time here.

AAAAAH MEG WHADDUP!!

Also, to all you chumps out there, the RPAs are back again this month! Be on the look out for especially awesome roleplayers and roleplays to nominate!!

:O Eh?! *Heart beating fast*

Satan.EXE

King of the Hell
Years
  • Age 29
  • C:\
  • Seen Jun 12, 2015
RPAs are up? This time I'll make sure my hopes aren't brought up.

(Is he joking? Who knows!)

Sapphire Rose

[I]Only thorns left on this rose.[/I]
Years
Next month i'll be taking the RPA for improved RPer! ):D just waitttt~ (i'm gonna nominate someone else for this month :3)

Pkmn Trainer Butthead

Proto (Not the *****)
Years
  • Seen Aug 25, 2015
AAAAAH MEG WHADDUP!!

Also, to all you chumps out there, the RPAs are back again this month! Be on the look out for especially awesome roleplayers and roleplays to nominate!!

I think Imma sweep the awards this time. Feeling pretty good about it. JK, I'll lose again. I'll vote for the deserving ones and you should too!

Dawn

[span="font-size:180%;font-weight:900;color:#a568f
Years
@Machomuu: ...The anime has some kind of weird, canon breaking love for Mew. |D In the games, mew is a relatively weak pokemon unnoteworthy except for it's rarity and age. Arceus definitely created Mew, but there's nothing to suggest that Mew created...anything really.

Also, I'm just going to leave this here. They're relevant comments on Arceus' backstory taken from ze wiki. Food for thought.

This has some parallels with Taoism and perhaps Shintoism. Creation in Taoism starts with a single energy, dividing into a duality (often referred to as Yin and Yang), then into three parts, and finally into the rest of creation. Compare, for example, the Korean Taeguk and Samtaeguk symbols, also seen in China and Japan which reflect this belief.

Similar parallels can be found in other creation myths, but not as directly. In fact, this seems to be more easily attributed to a common theme among creation myths than as a source of inspiration; several creation myths start with one being which splits or creates other beings from its body, including Hinduism and Greek mythology.

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
Years
@Machomuu: ...The anime has some kind of weird, canon breaking love for Mew. |D In the games, mew is a relatively weak pokemon unnoteworthy except for it's rarity and age. Arceus definitely created Mew, but there's nothing to suggest that Mew created...anything really.

Also, I'm just going to leave this here. They're relevant comments on Arceus' backstory taken from ze wiki. Food for thought.

I'm strictly talking about game canon, but actually the Shinoist relations between Pokemon and the games is really my driving force in this whole matter. See, it's never actually been proven that Arceus created anything, it's just something that's been theorized by various people of importance and professors, that's why that's why they have Christian-styled churches in Sinnoh, because one must have faith and belief in Arceus since very little is known about him and most haven't seem him. In fact, I'd say that Mew being the creator of all pokemon is more likely than Arceus being God, mainly because we actually have evidence of Mew containing the DNA of all Pokemon (including Arceus), but like the Christian God, all we have is faith and historical scriptures. Heck, as far as we know, that's not the real Mew- or rather, that's not the only Mew. Similar to Arceus, Mew is an enigma that has been sighted by others but has never been canonically seen or caught by any of the protagonists or characters of interest, just like Arceus, we know next to nothing about either of them except for the fact that Mew contains the DNA of all pokemon, but even now we know very little about it.

I'm actually pretty interested in this premise, I've been planning a trilogy of hacks (or rather, a beginning hack, a text based story as the middle entry, and a hack as the finale) based on this. I feel that the games will touch on these subjects in the future due to their increasing emphasis on story over the years and the surplus of pokemon, they'll come back to both Arceus and Mew, I'm sure of it.

Years
  • Seen Aug 25, 2012
I've thought of an idea for a new Pokemon role-play.

It's like some sort of a Pokemon Camp Half-Blood sorta thing, where people are children of Legendaries.

Years
  • Age 31
  • AU
  • Seen Feb 18, 2023
RPAs are not up yet. I'll stick them up mid-May. The one that's up is from lat month that I havent unstickied yet.

Satan.EXE

King of the Hell
Years
  • Age 29
  • C:\
  • Seen Jun 12, 2015
In case I say something wrong:
Spoiler:

Anyways, I finished my Sign-Up for Pokemon Fallout. If anyone wants, they can take a look at it; I would like some feedback. Just click "Amy Yula" on my signature.

ShinyDiamond

[b]The Other Promise[/b]
Years
Everyone, I will be submitting a new RP later! It took me a while to write & plan it out. Here's what it's called.

Kingdoms At War: The Dark Ages

:) I hope you enjoy my new RP when it comes up.

Dawn

Years
@Machomuu: Yeah... I'll point out that the the Sinnoh Pokedexs and above say nothing about Mew having the genes of all pokemon. This means that Gen 4 and 5 Pokemon may very well be exempt from that. The 'fact' that Mew has the genes of all pokemon has also not actually been proven. It's mere speculation based on it's ability to learn and utilize any move including transform. After all, how could they possibly know this for real, having never been able to catch a Mew? The fact that Mew is shown to be a weakling in the games is also evidence against it creating...anything really. Level 30? That's...like...bottom tier of legendaries right there.

If anything, I'd say that Mew is exactly what it's made out to be, a relic from the beginnings of time that hasn't evolved in god knows how long. Other pokemon may have even evolved from it, however there were definitely things before it. I think the issue with discrediting Arceus is that you can totally go to heaven and fight him... at level 80 wielding an insane BST, the ability to change to any type, an insane movepool, and the move /judgement/. It's not...exactly subtle.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
I've thought of an idea for a new Pokemon role-play.

It's like some sort of a Pokemon Camp Half-Blood sorta thing, where people are children of Legendaries.
I'm not sure that I know what Camp Half-Blood is, but if you have an idea, work on it and give it a shot :3

RPAs are not up yet. I'll stick them up mid-May. The one that's up is from lat month that I havent unstickied yet.
Exciting, teheh.

In case I say something wrong:
Spoiler:

Anyways, I finished my Sign-Up for Pokemon Fallout. If anyone wants, they can take a look at it; I would like some feedback. Just click "Amy Yula" on my signature.
Since you said you wanted some feedback, I can give you a little of that.
First of all, it can be cool to pimp your SU with colors, fonts and css once in a while, but I personally think you're going overboard with it :3 The title name is hardly readable, even though it looks cool. Centered text is generally more bothersome to read than left aligned text, keep that in mind. As is bright text on dark backgrounds.
Regarding the history of your character, it's certainly odd and interesting. I guess if Yellow is fine with it, it's a rather creative history.

Everyone, I will be submitting a new RP later! It took me a while to write & plan it out. Here's what it's called.

Kingdoms At War: The Dark Ages

:) I hope you enjoy my new RP when it comes up.
Sounds interesting, is it set in medieval times? Featuring pokémon or not?

@Machomuu: Yeah... I'll point out that the the Sinnoh Pokedexs and above say nothing about Mew having the genes of all pokemon. This means that Gen 4 and 5 Pokemon may very well be exempt from that. The 'fact' that Mew has the genes of all pokemon has also not actually been proven. It's mere speculation based on it's ability to learn and utilize any move including transform. After all, how could they possibly know this for real, having never been able to catch a Mew? The fact that Mew is shown to be a weakling in the games is also evidence against it creating...anything really. Level 30? That's...like...bottom tier of legendaries right there.

If anything, I'd say that Mew is exactly what it's made out to be, a relic from the beginnings of time that hasn't evolved in god knows how long. Other pokemon may have even evolved from it, however there were definitely things before it. I think the issue with discrediting Arceus is that you can totally go to heaven and fight him... at level 80 wielding an insane BST, the ability to change to any type, an insane movepool, and the move /judgement/. It's not...exactly subtle.

I, personally, believe what bulbapedia states is the best explanation:
In a vortex of complete chaos and nothingness, a single Egg comes into being, which then hatches into Arceus, the first Pokémon in existence. Arceus creates Dialga, Palkia, and Giratina, giving them power over time, space, and antimatter...

Kyogre is formed by the pressure in the deep sea trenches, Groudon is formed deep inside the Earth, likely from hardened magma and earth... Kyogre and Groudon then proceed to fill the sea and create land, respectively... The Red and Blue Orbs are created to prevent the reawakening of Kyogre and Groudon... At this time, Mew may have been plentiful and lived in large numbers.

... Millions of years before Generation I:
Earliest known prehistoric Pokémon exist. It is possible that the Mew population may have decreased at this stage, as they slowly gave way to other Pokémon species...

gunnerpow7

☆ キレイハナ Kireihana ☆
Years
So... I'm planning to submit an Adventure Time RP soon. So, I need some feedback and opinion about this.... For those who do not know what Adventure Time is, just look at Skymin's profile. ;) I'm planning to give you some deets later... =3

Sapphire Rose

[I]Only thorns left on this rose.[/I]
Years
Okay i guess the pokemon theory is like this then:

Arceus made mew and the world
Mew made the pokemon including groudon, kyogre, dialga and palkia,
Groudon and kyogre made water and land,
And palkia and dialga made universe and time

It's a pretty nice theory :I it makes perfect sense, the people who made pokemon must've really thought of this xD (if this is the real theory)

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
Okay i guess the pokemon theory is like this then:

Arceus made mew and the world
Mew made the pokemon including groudon, kyogre, dialga and palkia,
Groudon and kyogre made water and land,
And palkia and dialga made universe and time

It's a pretty nice theory :I it makes perfect sense, the people who made pokemon must've really thought of this xD (if this is the real theory)

Not that this whole discussion is very on-topic in this thread at all xD But I still want to say that I don't think it makes perfect :p I'm one of those who think Mew didn't create anything; rather back at the beginning of the world, Mew was a common pokémon just like Rattata or Meowth. It's just that it evolved into other species just like life on Earth has done, and if any Mew still exist today they could have "genes from every pokémon" in it just because every now living species descended from Mew. So in that manner, I guess we could say Mew "created" the rest of the pokémon ^^ Not Palkia, Giratina and Dialga though.

Then, there could be plotholes in the different stories between different regions though, because when they wrote the story for Gen III they probably hadn't finished writing the story for Gen IV yet.

Of course, in a RP, the GM can decide to use any theory they want for their world ;)

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
Years

Not that this whole discussion is very on-topic in this thread at all xD But I still want to say that I don't think it makes perfect :p I'm one of those who think Mew didn't create anything; rather back at the beginning of the world, Mew was a common pokémon just like Rattata or Meowth. It's just that it evolved into other species just like life on Earth has done, and if any Mew still exist today they could have "genes from every pokémon" in it just because every now living species descended from Mew. So in that manner, I guess we could say Mew "created" the rest of the pokémon ^^ Not Palkia, Giratina and Dialga though.

Then, there could be plotholes in the different stories between different regions though, because when they wrote the story for Gen III they probably hadn't finished writing the story for Gen IV yet.

Of course, in a RP, the GM can decide to use any theory they want for their world ;)
I love that theory, but ,my problem is that I worry that Nintendo might not want to venture too far into the matter due to the religious nature of the matter despite the very religios nature of pokemon lately, specifically Arceus, Thundurus, Tornadus, and Landorus (especially the last three, those three aren't even subtle when you look at their Shinto conterparts), though I suppose that was on purpose...I'm surprised they went far- glad, but surprised. Actually, it seems like lately Pokemon has been trying to recaoture its older crowds. The games lately (since Platinum) have treated the player like they are intelligent, they teamed up with Koei for what is currently a oneshot and didn't try to overlocalize, and they've been introducing and making essential the underlying themes we've seen or noticed over the years in the games such as if catching pokemon is right; I just wish they'd take steps to make bigger improvements in the games. Having said all that, maybe one day we will get the true story behind Arceus and Mew, or just Arceus, becuase if we know about it then we can really just piece together Mew's importance or lack thereof. That said, part of me thinks they won't, can really, part of me doesn't want them to, reason being that it's these type of theories and discussions that get people thinking, that get their imaginations going wild. RPs and hacks are created off of the different theories people have, and I love that.

Last edited:

Dawn

Years
@PinkSapphire: I'm thinking Dialga, Palkia, and by extension Giratina very likely came before Mew or any of the others on account of them being partially responsible for creating such fundamental things as time and space.

@RHCP: That sounds about right.

@No one in particular: I've totally got a topic.

What is your muse? (Your muse is your ability to get into the mindset of and play your character. Aka, your inspiration.) Is your muse different for different characters or RPs?

My muse is different for every character and every incarnation of a character. I am mostly inspired by the events transpiring around my character, and my ability to immerse myself in them is essential to me being able to easily think up my character's reaction in most cases. I also am inspired by the personality of my characters themselves, as I very much enjoy building upon my initial thoughts of a character through development.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back