• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

OU Rate My Team!

Years
  • Seen Sep 4, 2010
Based around the infamous SkarmBliss core, I thought I would make a new team. It's been tested on shoddy battle for a while but it's not always easy to keep finding the best players to battle. Anyway, heres the team! Oh and one more thing, don't bother asking me to get hidden power. I plan to make this team in-game as well for wi-fi battling and I really can't be bothered.

:t227:
Skarmory @ Leftovers
Ability: Keen Eye
EVs: 252 HP/252 Def/4 Spd
Impish nature (+Def, -SAtk)
- Spikes
- Whirlwind
- Roost
- Stealth Rock

I present to you the first of the core: Skarmory! (No, I never nickname my pokemon) So usually they always hold Brave Bird in case they get taunted or something but it's been tossed aways and ignored in favor of Stealth Rock. So what DOES happen when I get taunted? Well actually it's pretty easy to predict a taunt on a lead. The idea is to switch out to an appropriate counter (More on them later) the moment I see one and then just attack. When I'm more certain that I can SR the first turn then thats what I do. Spikes are for when I have even more time mid-game, Roost is to recover any damage that I take and Whirlwind is to spam when I have enough hazards up and running.
---

:t242:
Blissey @ Leftovers
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 HP/252 Def/4 Spd
Bold nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Wish
- Heal Bell
- Toxic
- Flamethrower

Oh noes! Skarmory has no special defense at all! What am I going to do about that?!? Thats where the second part of SkarmBliss comes in! Blissey makes for a good staller and even doubles as my cleric! (You'll see why I need one later) Flamethrower was chosen over Ice Beam because I already have an ice STAB that you'll see later. Toxic works a charm, only that it doesnt affect steel types but I would've used Flamethrower by then. Now have a look at the ability. Whats that? I don't have natural cure? Who needs natural cure. I have Heal Bell and Serene Grace boosts Flame Throwers burn rate to 20% if I'm not mistaken. Problem is, you can't be toxiced and burnt at the same time.
---

:t149:
Dragonite @ Leftovers
Ability: Inner Focus
EVs: 252 Atk/4 Def/252 Spd
Adamant nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Earthquake
- Fire Punch
- Outrage
- Dragon Dance

My original SkarmBliss counter counter was Swampert but Infernape has Grass Knot and outspeeds really easily. So the replacement became this Dragonite. At first it used to be choice banded and DD used to be Extreme Speed but I thought I might give this a try too. Switch in on the SkarmBliss counter, get DD up as they switch and choose my attack according to the new switch in. Outrage's confusion doesn't serve as much of a problem when the counter is down and I'm free to Heal Bell away, then Dragonite can go berserk again.
---

:t215: (I couldn't find Weavile so I got Sneasel instead :P)
Weavile @ Expert Belt
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 40 HP/252 Atk/216 Spd
Jolly nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Night Slash
- Ice Punch
- Brick Break
- Pursuit

Weavile has done wonders working for me as a revenge killer. I've changed two things on this: The choice band was switched for Expert Belt as it gave me more freedom in my attacks and Weavile has great attack coverage already, and also Brick Break is chosen over low kick because I prefer solid damage over variable damage. And I think some of them had Ice Shard too but I'm not sure about that.
---

:t121:
Starmie @ Life Orb
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 Spd/252 SAtk/4 SDef
Timid nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Rapid Spin
- Surf
- Thunderbolt
- Ice Beam

Ah yes, the rapid spinner. Most of my team is fragile to the entry hazards especially Weavile. Starmie is Life Orbed because I tried to leftovers and Recover it in the past but it always dies too quickly anyway. Switch in when I can safely Rapid Spin, then either stay in to attack or switch out for another time.
---

:t094:
Gengar @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 4 Def/252 Spd/252 SAtk
Modest nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Shadow Ball
- Thunderbolt
- Focus Blast
- Trick

Lucky last is the other Special attacker in the team: Gengar. I can come in, trick them into just about anything so long as it isn't a dumb berry or choice band, then use Shadow Ball and TBolt. Focus Blast makes for good coverage in the rest of the team and when the accuracy odds are in my favor, knocks out just about anything that doesn't resist it.
---

:t227: :t242: :t149: :t215: :t121: :t094:

That's about it I suppose! So was it good? Was it bad? What should I change to make it better? Any help would be greatly appreciated! :D

aragornbird

(。◕‿‿◕。)
Years
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Most of this is standard, but still needs some work.

SKARMORY

Don't max out its Defense. Skarmory doesn't need more than 400 Defense. Invest in some Special Defense EVs so you can set up more easily against special attacking walls. For instance, 64 Sp. Defense EVs means standard Vaporeon can never 2HKO you with Surf.
Use Shed Shell over Leftovers to prevent being trapped by Magnezone. You have Roost for healing anyways.

BLISSEY

How do you expect to get Wish on an in-game Blissey? I don't know anyone who has one that has the right nature.
Also, Natural Cure please. Who cares about a 20% chance of Burn? Two of WishBliss's counters (Infernape and Heatran) can't be burned anyways.

DRAGONITE

Don't give DD Dragonite max Attack and Speed. Dragonite is NOT Salamence; it's not nearly as offensive. Invest in its defenses because that's what makes Dragonite stand out from Salamence and other dragons. 252 HP / 52 Atk / 204 Spd is the ideal EV spread which lets you survive unSTABed Ice Beams and Hidden Power Ice while still being about to outspeed the majority of the metagame after a DD.

WEAVILE

Low Kick over Brick Break. Low Kick will do far more damage to the big and heavy Pokemon in OU including Tyranitar, Snorlax, and Scizor.
Ice Shard over Ice Punch or else you won't be a true revenge killer since you won't be able to beat Scarf Flygon or Dragon Dance Dragonite.

GENGAR

Choice Scarf Gengar is outdated and basically becomes Pursuit bait for Scizor/Tyranitar. SubSplit Gengar is a better set.

Gengar @Life Orb
Timid
4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spd

-Shadow Ball
-Focus Blast
-Substitute
-Pain Split

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Years
  • Seen Sep 4, 2010
Thanks for the help so far! I also just realised that Heal Bell wouldn't do a thing for Outrage, switch out and in and confusion already disappears.

JadeX

Prince
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 27, 2014
Hmm ...
why not run Natural Cure instead of Serene Grace ?
I think Protect works well for Wish Blissey .
And since you didn't really invest in SP.Atk , I think Sesimic Toss would be better since it's a consistent 100 damage other than ghost encounter .

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Apr 23, 2024
Eww bulkynite is like an inferior Bulky Gyara. Weak as heck, no intimidate so it cant wall fighters and at risk from status and phazing.

Anyways this team is Tyranitar weak, remove the useless Weavile and put in a sturdy ground type. Swampert etc work and then you can put SR on than and give Skarm the much better Taunt over SR and some sp.def evs and speed.

Next, make Starmie bulkier or Taunt Gyarados is gonna shred this team so hard i cant even begin to describe lol. :/

Back