• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Other FULL] One Piece: The Golden Age (OOC + SU) Rated T

SV

See You Space Cowboy
Years
  • Seen Feb 7, 2022
@Loki- We're still accepting applications, so if you'd like, feel free to apply! After all, it'd be really easy to jump in given the nature of the RP!

@Magic Fox- As Raikiri said, try to flesh out her personality and history, but otherwise you're on the right track!

Loki

x
Years
  • Seen Apr 4, 2024
Great! I hope this application is alright then. If you need me to change anything, please let me know!

Name: Lotte
Epithet/Nickname: "The Siren"
Appearance:

Spoiler:

Personality: Lotte is the poster child of a teenage girl born and raised in a pampered yet refined household, who's never known hardship nor strife. She is unrealistically optimistic, but exudes ladylike manners to cover up her easily excitable nature. She tries to be mature beyond her age in order not to bring trouble to others, and occasionally succeeds thanks to years of training in etiquette classes- but these instances of success are often punctuated with her crybaby-like nature, and she often cannot comprehend not getting her way. She is rather selfish, but not maliciously so- Lotte has simply come to expect everything to fall into her lap easily and has yet to wrap her mind around independence. Her heart is in the right place however, as a patient explanation of proper morals will often set her straight to some extent, and her recent realization that not everyone lives life as worry-free as she does has her yearning to understand those less fortunate.

Curious to a fault, she has no problem asking questions about everything she comes across, whether it's appropriate or not- though she becomes completely disinterested just as easily. However, what she clearly recognizes as something she's always interested is the feeling of being needed or relied upon. Seeing as she has wholly relied on others for her entire life, she enjoys helping others and is always the first to volunteer if something needs being done, though she's not usually the candidate people want to choose due to her oftentimes causing more trouble than help. On this note, Lotte tries her best to be empathetic with others, and as such prefers not to harm anything including enemies if she can help it. (She has no qualms with others hurting others though, as she's seen that happen quite often and believes it to be a fact that she doesn't hurt people while others do.) Despite her rather sheltered upbringing, she has a very even temper, and doesn't seem to ever lose her cool- she cries frequently, but never out of anger.

History: Born into a mid-level noble family situated in East Blue, Lotte's father doted on his beloved daughter in a reasoned way unlike others of his rank. Though his own morals were slightly backwards from living so many years amongst selfish and unreasonable people, he'd had the opportunity to see a small part of the world once before on a vacation to a neighboring Kingdom. He shared these short adventures with his daughter in the form of tall tales, and though he'd only meant to teach her lessons such as the importance of empathy and love, he unintentionally ignited in her a desire to see the world. Her pleas were taken with a grain of salt, chalked up to being 'a phase', and Lotte was set to the usual noble girl's grind: Etiquette, singing, instruments, dance, fashion, and other classes befitting of a lady. After a huge uproar at pirates kidnapping another nobleman's child, her father shelled out a huge share of his fortune to purchase the Tori Tori no Mi, feeding it to his daughter to prevent her from ever being harmed by kidnappers or other malicious forces in the world- and to discourage her dreams of going out to see the world after she became wholly unable to swim. However, he forbade her from using these powers in front of others- lest she be branded a freak and a less appealing potential bride.

As she grew older, Lotte quickly became one of the more popular young girls amongst the parents of eligible noble boys, with her talent for music, polite personality, and the stupid airheadedness that was valued in all women of high standing so that they would not question their husbands. If not for Lotte's undeterred determination to go see the world, she would have been the dictionary definition of a nobleman's trophy wife. But this determination soon culminated into rebellion, and she began to steal away into less prosperous parts of the city. Here she learned things she had never known before, like the fact that normal people paid for the things they took in stores with money because they didn't have a steward to follow them around. That sometimes, people only took baths once a week instead of every day. That sometimes, people didn't have anything to eat for a whole day, rather than whenever and wherever they pleased. As she grew more and more proficient at escaping her father's radar, she was one day presented with the opportunity to leave her Kingdom- in the mess and frenzy over the announcement of Sivers' execution, she could easily hop onto one of the boats heading towards Logue Town unnoticed. Curious to see what had the whole city in a tizzy, she soon found herself in Logue Town, and witnessed the execution firsthand. However, out of all the boats, a girl without much common sense such as herself had no hope of finding the right boat back to her Kingdom without drawing attention to herself....

Devil Fruit/Equipment/Weapon: Tori Tori no Mi: Model Phoenix - Having eaten a Zoan type Devil Fruit that allows her to transform into a mythical beast, Lotte would presumably be quite a force to be reckoned with. However, despite having eaten her fruit at the age of 8 years old, her rare chances to actually use the fruit leave her unable to use it beyond her being essentially impervious to physical attacks, and the automatic regeneration that occurs should she actually be physically harmed. She is unable to transform into her animal form, and neither is she capable of using her form to attack. She has no weapon and is generally incapable of using most weaponry, but she can put weaker (or stupid) enemies to sleep with her voice.

Goal/Dream: To travel on every ocean and see as many islands as she can. (Can't do it legally because her parents forbid her from leaving in the first place.) She's also subconsciously avoiding the life set out for her as a noblewoman in her home kingdom.

Other/Quirks: Having been kept indoors and around the richest districts of her city her whole life, she has 0 common sense. She's gullible, easily swindled, and has a tendency to do things in extremely backwards and inefficient/wasteful ways. She'll also often walk away from vendors without paying, forgetting that there isn't someone behind her to do it for her now that she's not constantly being attended to...

Current Bounty: 0

Last edited:

Sir Bastian

Christina - Crossroads
Years
Oh, nice, another One Piece fan! I hope you get in, Loki, but your SU is pretty solid, so I doubt that'd be a problem. Your character is also very interesting! It's nice to see another adventurous, wanting-to-see-the-world personality :3 I'm sure our characters'll get along grand!

SV

See You Space Cowboy
Years
  • Seen Feb 7, 2022
@Loki- Wow! That was surprisingly fast. I really like your SU. I think it would be a perfect fit in the crew! Although Raikiri needs to take a look at it as well, I believe I can prematurely accept you. He should have no problems with it, I imagine. Welcome aboard!

@All- By the way, I've updated the character database. I'll periodically do this as new NPCs are introduced.

Sir Bastian

Christina - Crossroads
Years
Welcome, Loki! Looking forward to having you as part of our RP :3 Also, hoorah, less sausagefest!

SV

See You Space Cowboy
Years
  • Seen Feb 7, 2022
By the way, if you guys want to do something together, feel free. You don't have to wait for the others to post. There is no real set order for posting. Go wild!

Legend

Kingslayer
Years
@Loki- Wow! That was surprisingly fast. I really like your SU. I think it would be a perfect fit in the crew! Although Raikiri needs to take a look at it as well, I believe I can prematurely accept you. He should have no problems with it, I imagine. Welcome aboard!

I have so many problems with it. Like how it has not been accepted yet!

Yeah, you're in! Welcome!

SV

See You Space Cowboy
Years
  • Seen Feb 7, 2022
New post is up, and with that, I have updated the Database adding in the new NPC Zakiru Kiba!

Sir Bastian

Christina - Crossroads
Years
Damn, he scary. Awh, I'm so excited to see what's going to happen from here on out. I'm so happy to be in this RP, you guys have no idea :D

Loki

x
Years
  • Seen Apr 4, 2024
@SirBastian: Ahh thanks! Yeah I'm.... a huge One Piece fan it's almost kind of embarrassing the extent to which I'm obsessed LOL. I'm sure our characters will get along- I hope you don't mind if I had Lotte approach Hayden!

@Supervegeta: Oh no no, I'd actually written the SU before I asked if it was OK to apply-- I haven't been in the RP section for a few years now, so I'm not really sure if the way things works has changed or something, so I asked before posting it just to make sure;; I'll probably be fumbling about for a bit in the beginning, so I apologize in advance! Thanks so much though!

@Raikiri: Before I read the second part of your post I'm pretty sure I had a heart attack hahahaha-- but thank you!

Sir Bastian

Christina - Crossroads
Years
No, of course not Loki, I don't mind at all! It's early morn' right now, so when I come home from work, I'll write a reply :3

SV

See You Space Cowboy
Years
  • Seen Feb 7, 2022
It's great we have some major One Piece fans in here. Raikiri and I are big fans ourselves, so I'm sure we'll all have a great time! Of course, those not as familiar with it should have a blast too! xD

@Loki- Ah, I see. It's no problem. Let me know if you have any questions or comments.

SV

See You Space Cowboy
Years
  • Seen Feb 7, 2022
@machomuu- That was quite a backstory, but a good one. It definitely had the 'One Piece' feel as I read it, so you're accepted! Welcome! I'll add your character to the database.

Oh, this reminded me of something. I typically only watch the anime of One Piece instead of reading the manga. I know this means I'm a bit behind on the story, so please no spoilers! xD

Lumbah_Rye

Here for the fun of it.
Years
-- This is my attemp on an SU! I'd love to know what you think! :D

Tunnak - "Jaws"

[h2][/h2]
[h2][/h2]

Race: Fishman - Tiger Shark
Epithet/Nickname: "Jaws"

Appearance:
(Not allowed to post URLs or put in images yet, so I'll PM you, if you'd like?)

Additions to picture:
- He stands a good 6'8" tall.
- The tail is only about 2/3rds of that in the image.
- Belt and bracelet is leather instead of gold, the piercings are simply steel and the taildecoration is not there.

Personality:
Despite the his devious appearance, Tunnak is not a man of violence nor cruelty beyond what would be expected of an ex-convict with his background. He is almost never the first to throw a punch over an argument but is, on the other hand, just as unlikely to shake hands and make friends. A tendency for holding a grudge without the mentality to face the problem and deal with the matter is rooted deep within him. The disputes do not necessarily make him think less of the opposing party - on the contrary - persistence is a trait which admires deeply.

Other than that, Tunnak possesses a strong will and a mind set for hard work. He enjoys getting to use his hands and his wits whenever the opportunity presents itself and is keen on assisting those in need of his skills. Now and again, however, when caught off-guard, Tunnak can be found all wrapped up in performing indifferent tasks solely for the sake of doing something. He seems to sometimes have a need for occupying his mind from whatever might be going on inside of his head.

It is not necessarily all grump with him though. He has a weakness for music and even more so than he would like to admit. It is an almost certain way to evoke a smile or a laughter (that is not even sarcastic!) if you sing a cheerful song or know how to play an instrument. Nothing soothes him and calms his nerves as the taste of Clement Rum by a bonfire after a hard day's work while listening to the soft tunes of the ocean. It reminds him of home.

History:
Born in a modest Fishmen village in East Blue, 38 years ago, Tunnak was brought into a thriving society, consisting solely of his own kind, well removed from most human activity. His grandparents, along with other likeminded folk, had set out from Fishman Island many years ago to find an alternative way of living and eventually came by a small piece of the vast East Blue that had been left unscathed by the influence of man. Here they built a new home of great joy and prosperity as it had been for two generations and so far remained.

Growing up as a Shark Fishman there was practically nothing in life that Tunnak would consider a threat. He was never nervous and he was always first in line in terms of both home duties and brawls. Nothing scared him. At least not up until his teenage years when he started opening his eyes for the world of women. Or woman, to be more exact. There was one specifically who had caught his attention, and for the first time in his existence, he was without a solution to his anguish.

Years and countless counts of courting went by and as a result he finally won her over. A ceremony was conducted and they were one another's. Within a few years they were blessed with a child, a baby girl, and all seemed well. However, during Tunnak's teen years, a group of humans had resided on a nearby island, bringing with them ships with extensive means of catching fish. This had proven no great issue until they decided to expand their colony further and bring with them more ships.

By the time of Tunnak's 29th birthday, the amount of fish in the area had turned critically low, and without the same means of catching them on as large a scales as the humans did, Tunnak's tribe was at the brink of starvation. With the single thought of providing for his family - his wife and his now 7 years old girl - he and some of the other tribesmen consulted the elders' council with a bold suggestion. The humans caught more fish than they consumed. Most of it went overseas as cargo for trade and thus they could supposedly spare a single shipment or two. The elders would hear of no such thing, but regardless, Tunnak and his cousin led the heist against the ships the following night - and with great success! No blood was spilled and plenty of fish to salt and last for months was brought back to the village.

But this turned out to have dire consequences as some of the cargo was bound for Logue Town, far away. The marines stationed there quickly learned of the Fishman raid against their ships, considering it a foul felony to which they acted accordingly. Within a couple of days, three navy ships, filled with men armed to the teeth, turned up by the coast of Tunnak's home island. They stepped onto the sand and started patrolling the village, asking for information on the criminals they sought. No one would speak their names, though, and as a result the marines took increasingly violent methods in use. Most of the villagers bent their heads submissively, but the resistance of a few evolved into an extensive struggle.

There was bloodshed on both sides but Tunnak and his kin were greatly outnumbered and outgunned. They did not stand a chance as the fighting turned into beating and then into slaughter. Many died on that day, some were captured and a very few lucky ones managed to escape. Tunnak's daughter amongst the escapees, Tunnak himself knocked out and arrested as his wife was slain like a defenceless beast in the turmoil. Brought back to Louge Town with the other prisoners, Tunnak and a couple others were imprisoned, while a few were executed publicly with a warning statement to pirates and Fishfolk alike. Nine years of imprisonment was a lot to take for Tunnak. And he was one of the fortunate ones, as he was granted a lighter sentence due to not having participated in the resisting of arrest. But being one of very few of his kind in jail, being non-human was not exactly a ticket to the fun-factory. Somehow though, he survived, emerging from the darkness of his cell almost a decade later.

And there he was. A free man. Standing in the very centre of that which had robbed him of everything. But he did not feel anger, nor hatred or any urge for revenge. Not any longer. Those feelings had been extinguished a long time ago during his sentence. He had one thing on his mind and one thing only... My little baby girl.

Devil Fruit/Equipment/Weapon:
- As all other Fishmen, Tunnak was born just about 10 times as strong as a regular human being. Having served 9 years in jail, intensive training to keep the other prisoners at bay has resulted in a further increase of muscle, leaving him with quite the body strength. (Which he prefers to use constructively)

- He carries with him a small leather flask attached to his sash. He uses to transport water (and occasionally rum) which he can utilize in his fighting style of Fishman Karate by hurling it with such speed and force that they may serve as projectiles.

- None too extensive Fishman Karate, as he has received little training prior to his arrest and only have had limited means of teaching himself while on the inside. Still a powerful means of close quarter combat, though.

- His large tail (only 2/3 the size of that in the image) serves little purpose on land. It tends to be clumsily waving about and knocking things over. When in the water, however, the strong tail allows Tunnak to move with almost blinding speed and tremendous force underneath the waves and even propel himself out of the water as a kind of sharp-toothed projectile

Goal/Dream:
To make his way to Fishman Island, the homeland of his ancestors, where he hopes to reunite with his daughter and the other survivors from his village.

Other/Quirks:
Whenever he finds himself without a purpose or without the means to change an undesirable situation, Tunnak loses himself in a sudden inability to be at ease. He strolls back and forth, loses concentration and needs to occupy himself with something. Anything.

Current Bounty: 0 beli/beri (reset due to of his recently served sentence)

Last edited:

Perplexity

The Crazy One
Years
  • Age 33
  • USA
  • Seen Nov 28, 2013
Never-mind, I was able to eek out a post before work. If anyone wants to bump into Zoe, please feel free. She's at the execution platform. :3

SV

See You Space Cowboy
Years
  • Seen Feb 7, 2022
@Lumbah_Rye- Good SU, man! Unless Raikiri has any objections, you're accepted! It's good to have a fishman aboard. Much more diversity.

It's a good idea for you guys to get together beforehand and interact, like SB and Loki! I'll be bringing a few NPCs around to interact too on occasion, but it's a great chance to meet with everyone in the crew before it's assembled.

Years
  • Age 32
  • UK
  • Seen Oct 17, 2023
I think I'm done >< Hope you like.

Name: Bridget Rosa
Epithet/Nickname: The Angel

Appearance: [ link ]
Rosa is very small for her age, and looks more like a child than an adult - if you didn't know her you would easily assume she is a young teenager, rather than an adult. Her bubblegum-pink hair is long and, on land, hangs loose - she prefers to wear it in a high ponytail when sailing the seas.

Her clothing is reminiscent of a school uniform, a small black vest over a white blouse with a red, tartan skirt. Rosa's collar is a daffodil shade of yellow and comes to a point as a large, loose bow.

Personality:
Rosa's personality mainly stems from her close, family upbringing - her mother and father were very attentive and, despite not being well off, made sure to spoil their daughter. Their tight-nit relationship meant that the family shared various hobbies and passions - for example, Rosa's love of the sea comes from her father's work as a fisherman, where as her love of fa

Despite being nineteen she knows how to act very much like a younger girl, which suits her appearance down to a 'T'. Not afraid to flutter her eyelids, or let her pale-green eyes well up with tears, Rosa finds it easy to take advantage of adults. She often extends this childlike act to other traits, such as giggling and pretend naivety. Of course, this is just an act, she understands perfectly well. This highlights her one moral flaw, she's not adverse to cheating or lying to get her way.

When asked by her parents why she always played the child, Rosa just smiled. She enjoys having the upperhand, whether it is knowledge, power or an emotional hold over others. Rosa detests her size and appearance but makes sure to make proper use of it, becoming adept at manipulating those around her.

Her disguise drops around attractive men - she craves a relationship, a man, a white knight but her past experiences of men have not been good. Her appearance normally kept men away - questioning her legality and age. If that didn't put them off then the childish giggling and gameplays would certainly turn them off, so Rosa takes extra care to sound mature, adult and educated around those she finds handsome.

History:
Rosa's childhood revolved around the sea - her family lives just outside Logue Town, along the coast. Her father was a fisherman, so naturally she spent a lot of time in and around the sea. She was enthusiastic, but more of a hindrance than a help. Her father always greeted her support with a smile, encouraging her love of the sea.

When Rosa reached the age of 16 she started to look for boating jobs. She needed the excitement of sailing the open ocean once again, she was willing to do anything to get aboard a ship. Despite her passion, however, she was never accepted in to a crew. Rosa was always deemed to fragile, too weak, too child-like to help a busy ship. Her father watched as his daughter came home every night, a face full of disappointment. Nothing he said could raise her spirit, month by month her enthusiasm crumbled - until the day of the execution.

"This is the end of the King Pirates, but it's not the end of piracy! No, it's just the beginning! You want fame? You want treasure? You want land? You want freedom? You want One Piece? Go out and take it! The world is open to you!"

The day of the execution; Rosa's passion stirred again, the sparkle of life returning to her pale green eyes. Her father stood by her at the execution ground, both paid their respects to Alexander "Throne" Sivers. Neither spoke a word as they watched his final moments, the only interaction was a comforting hand on his daughters shoulder.

Returning home later that evening, after a solemn walk around town, Rosa found there was nobody home; her parents were out. Sat upon the kitchen table was a large, peculiar fruit.

"A gift," the note from her father said, Rosa quickly took the first bite - but realising how disgusting the fruit was quickly threw it away. Her abilities are still new, she still doesn't fully understand how her devil fruit power works.

Devil Fruit/Equipment/Weapon: Fuwa Fuwa no Mi - this devil fruit allows objects to float, after being touched by Rosa. Once airborn they can be moved telekinetically, this power can also be used on Rosa herself. Rosa is not limited by the mass of an object, however she is unable to levitate large objects (over 5mx5m) and her power has no effect on living things.
Goal/Dream: To find true love - to be accepted as an adult.
Other/Quirks: Rosa is incredibly small and child like, she often acts this way to get what she wants. She can change from her child like personality to strict, rather angry adult very quickly.
Current Bounty: $0​

Back