• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Music Videos

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen today
Do you pay attention to music videos? Which music videos are some of your favorites? You can share them by posting links if you wish.

antemortem

rest after tomorrow
Years
I love music videos! My favorites are ones that are well edited, go along well with the song in question not only in regards to the song itself, but it correlates with the song's theme and represents it in visual form like it's meant to do. Otherwise, what would be the point of the video?

For one example, I thought the Diamonds music video was a fantastic piece.
Spoiler:

And I Knew You Were Trouble.'s music video just... blew me away.
Spoiler:

And I Got a Boy (SNSD) wasn't too shabby either!
Spoiler:

Snowdrop

Back and ready to babble!
Years
Eh, not really. There are some I really like, my favorite being the one from "Take on Me" from A-Ha. You know, that one from the 80s? But I usually don't get music videos or just find them boring :/

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
I usually watch a song's music video once or twice when it's first released just to see what it's like and if it's good I'll end up watching it countless times (wonderful example here), but usually I'll just play songs whilst browsing the internet or talking on IRC since I've already seen the video once and I'd rather get on with other stuff whilst listening to music. In general I'll grow to like a song much more if there's a great music video for it since it's an instant feeling of "Oh wow, this is awesome", but it's not vital for liking a song by any means.

ZetaZaku

AEUG Pilot
Years
I like music videos when they aren't just the singer singing/band playing. I like it when the video actually has something to do with the song, and makes the song more impressive.

Years
I like music videos but I'm generally just as happy to just listen.

A few I particularly like are Thriller (Michael Jackson), Little Talks (Of Monsters and Men), Blow (Ke$ha, even though I'm not a fan of her) and honestly anything of Linkin Parks but especially In The End, Burn IT Down, The Catalyst and Lost In The Echo XD

There are lots more but they aren't really popping into my head right now

♣Gawain♣

Onward to Music!!!
Years
I would watch music vids if I'm bored. I usually and only listen music if I'm doing something, like walking aimlessly.

Hannah

beep bop boop
Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Nov 16, 2021
I like music videos, but I'm not completely in love with them. But if a great song comes along and it has a great music video, I care.

One of my favorites is the Gangnam Style music video, lol. It's hilarious. And another would be the video in Beauty and a Beat, because Justin keeps smiling. Eek, fan-girling. ♥

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
I'm not a fan of videos. I like to keep how I think of songs to myself and seeing a video tends to ruin it. There are some really great ones though. Have fun:

Evanlyn

Kidneys! I've got new kidneys!
Years
I don't really watch music videos. I prefer just to listen to the song; so I will like the song for the song, not for the clip (not saying that a lot of people do this; I've just heard that's what some people do)

If I really like the song, I'll watch the clip; but I just can't think of any clips at the moment. XD

outfox

in
Years
  • Seen Feb 25, 2013
Supertime

I saw that one coming. It's a gem :D

I never watch music videos but once I was at a friends using her computer to put on background music via youtube, and I stumbled across one by Baths I couldn't stop watching.

Great song, gorgeous video.

Gabri

m8
Years
I rarely watch music videos, mainly because the genre I listen to the most hasn't got many good videos since it doesn't focus much on them. It's usually just the band playing the song, and for me a music video would portray the subject treated on the song.

That said, there's one video I find really nice: "The Right To Go Insane", by Megadeth - this song is about the recession and the effects it can have on people, and it has similarities with a true story - Shawn Nelson's tank rampage in 1995 - and as such it is re-made in this video, along with the causes for such rampage.

twocows

The not-so-black cat of ill omen
Years
My favorite:
[agelimit]PG-13[/agelimit]
Spoiler:

There's a fair amount of symbolism in this song, the meaning of which should be pretty obvious. This video won a LOT of awards.

outfox

in
Years
  • Seen Feb 25, 2013
Just had to share a couple more favorites with you all.

Most everything Die Antwoord does is pretty mesmerizing, too.

Back