• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon Grey

blueguy

No capitalization required. ;D
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Aug 20, 2013
Pokémon Grey (Updated: July 22)

greytitle.png

[MADE IN] : RMXP
[INTRODUCTION] :
I, like a lot of other Pokénerds, have always wanted to make my own game, and so, in my abundant spare time, I have decided to! I owe a lot to poccil's indispensable Starter Kit. I am aiming to make a run-of-the-mill Pokémon game, with a few of my own touches. I've been working on it here and there for the past while, but the real bulk of the progress has come recently. I've been really inspired by some of the projects in this forum, so I hope that my little thread is at least amusing.
[STORYLINE] :
You begin the game as a very old, widowed person, living in a lonely, old, decrepit house by the sea, in the middle of nowhere. You have never gotten the chance to become a Trainer. In fact, you always feared training, because as a child the Charmander you received died, when its flame was extinguished in a bout of vicious, torrential weather. You always felt guilty for this mistake, and a result lived out your years uninvolved with Pokémon. One day, you see a strange light emanating from outside. It is the dead of winter. Following the light, you find it leads into the woods. As you follow you suddenly realize you have been magically transformed back into your thirteen-year old self. The time has not changed, simply your body. These woods are called Two-World Grove, and they lead into a region you have never set foot in.

[FEATURES] :

- Increased difficulty
- New graphics
- New region
- Some new Pokémon, new type combinations
- Some new techniques
- A cute, little swimming system
- More will be announced as development continues

[SCREENSHOTS] :
Spoiler:

[CREDITS] :
- Me, for most of the stuff (If I forget something, let me know)
- poccil and his super-de-duper Pokémon Essentials starter kit

Last edited:

D R E ™

Goku's back oh yeh!
Years
Whoa what a nice project!

I hope you succeed, good job!

^_^

EDIT: Ok its removed.

^_^

Last edited:

Neo-Dragon

Game Developer
Years
Neat, a swimming system.
I had something like that in one of my first games. It's a cool idea.

The storyline seems fine, and everything else (like the features) sounds rather fine as well. lol.

The graphics are very pleasing. Who did them?
Oh, and as always, good luck with this one.
(Yeah, I say that in every tread the first time I post about a game, but I mean it. :) )

blueguy

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Aug 20, 2013
Thanks, cuttyflam, although you should remove the quote, 'cause it's super long!

Neat, a swimming system.
I had something like that in one of my first games. It's a cool idea.

The storyline seems fine, and everything else (like the features) sounds rather fine as well. lol.

The graphics are very pleasing. Who did them?
Oh, and as always, good luck with this one.
(Yeah, I say that in every tread the first time I post about a game, but I mean it. :) )

I made all the graphics (well, all the new stuff, I mean to say). ^_^ Thanks a lot!

Last edited:

sonic smash down

Where those that train, train hard!
Years
well u did a really good job with them.this game really shows promise nice job blueguy and love the swimming feature.

Manio

Pokemon: Auburn Sky Creator
Years
I like that custom pokemon,custom pokemon is what attracts me to games.

PoKéMaKeR1

Pokemon Rancher creator!
Years
Woah!
I agree with the others, it's looking fine!
Nice feature you got there with the swimming ;)
I also like your custom sprites :)
Keep up the good work, and I hope you finish this game it looks really promising!!

PoKéMaKeR

Atomic Reactor

this game looks great. the storyline is nice, What do you mean about houses being more on routes though 0_o
the swimming feature is really cool. will you be able to upgrade so you can swim in the ocean?
Well, overall the game looks good.
Keep up the great work ^_^

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Sep 7, 2023
I like the custom tiles :P

Just wondering, will any characters from your comic be in the game?

blueguy

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Aug 20, 2013
wow.
this game looks great. the storyline is nice, What do you mean about houses being more on routes though 0_o
the swimming feature is really cool. will you be able to upgrade so you can swim in the ocean?
Well, overall the game looks good.
Keep up the great work ^_^
Thanks a lot! As for what I mean, you will sometimes spot houses on the routes. Some NPCs prefer to live away from the hustle-and-bustle. For example, on the first route, Route C1, Gil lives right by the river, because that's his passion in life. I'm not sure if the swimming feature will be upgraded. I would like to make it so that you can snorkel in deeper waters, however.

I like the custom tiles :P

Just wondering, will any characters from your comic be in the game?

Thank you. And I have considered giving cameos to characters from PokéChow, but I'm not sure. I think it would be sort of a funny in-joke. Oh how I miss the comics. I'm not sure if I should return to them or not. :/

SMALL UPDATE:
I'm currently working on Primrose City. I re-mapped it last night and am pretty pleased with it. One of its attractions is a little garden featuring exotic trees from past generations. I plan to expand this garden to include tall grass. The owner will charge you a small fee in order to explore the garden, where you can find some exotic Pokémon.

The idea behind Primrose is that it has two districts. Up on the hill are a few mansions, and below are the plainer, common homes. Some of the rich are snobby and don't let you inside their homes, but one woman will invite you out of the heat for lemonade. Afterwards, you acquire the item. This is a once-per-day event.

EDIT: I've removed the screenshots, because I think they look unfinished. I'll be posting some new screenshots tomorrow.

Thanks for all your support guys! ^_^ I hope you enjoy the new screens. I'll probably be retooling Primrose yet, as well as some of the introductory plot.

Last edited:

Atomic Reactor

My eyes water from how beautiful your game is. Not just graphics... just everything!
Hmm, that garden idea sounds great. What kinda pokemon are you planning to have in there?

The new screens look good. something about the mansions though just dont sit well with me =/

well, keep up the great work ^_^

blueguy

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Aug 20, 2013
My eyes water from how beautiful your game is. Not just graphics... just everything!
Hmm, that garden idea sounds great. What kinda pokemon are you planning to have in there?

The new screens look good. something about the mansions though just dont sit well with me =/

well, keep up the great work ^_^

I'm not too sure on the Pokémon, but they'll come from the other regions. Yes, the mansion's bothering me too! The roof looks wonky! I'm going to fix it tonight and make a sort of re-update once I've finished the garden and patched up the roof, so to speak.

Thanks. ^.^

Last edited:

Atomic Reactor

Can't wait to see the renewed building ^_^

good luck.

Back