• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Fargona: The Land of Dragons [T][OOC]

Fort PokePower

Muffins forever
Years
ir1eon.png
[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]
[/FONT] [FONT=Times New Roman, serif]
Story
[/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]Centuries ago, a powerful sorcerer discovered a spell that would allow him to steal the magic of all the humans in Fargona. Once he had collected the necessary items, he enacted his plan, draining everyone of their magical abilities, including the magic necessary for dragon tamers, whom had once been common, to form a bond with their dragon. To prevent him from fully taking over Fargona, the most powerful dragons in all the land used their magic to seal him away in another realm while he was still recovering from using the spell. These dragons then mysteriously disappeared and were never seen in Fargona again.[/FONT]
Plot
[/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]After all these years, magic is slowly starting to return to Fargona. Sorcerers, though not as strong as the ones from the past, are once again becoming common throughout the land. There have also been stories of dragon tamers, though there is no proof that these rumors are true. The return of magic to the land has brought both joy and fear. There are those who believe that magic belongs in Fargona, while others are afraid of what the new sorcerers will do with their power. The dragons have also become restless, though no one is able to understand why.[/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]During this time, dragons have also been disappearing. There have been reports of dragons, trained and wild alike, being seen in trance like states the day before they simply vanish without a trace. There have also been cases of sorcerers - many of whom are still learning about their magic - turning up dead with no sign as to how they died. Due to these incidents happening more and more often, the king has sent out his army to find the fabled dragon tamers in the hopes that they might be able to help save both magic and dragons from extinction.[/FONT]
Where do you come in?
[/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]You are one of the dragon tamers the kingdom is searching for. Whether you realize it or not, there is a dragon waiting out there for you, one that you will form an unbreakable bond with. You just have to find it.[/FONT]
Dragon Tamers
[/FONT]
Spoiler:

[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]Legends of Fargona[/FONT]
Spoiler:

[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]Religions of Fargona[/FONT]
Spoiler:

[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]Map of Fargona[/FONT]
Spoiler:

[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]Dragon Species[/FONT]
Spoiler:

Spots Left
Spoiler:

[FONT=Calibri, sans-serif]Important NPCs[/FONT]
Spoiler:

[FONT=Calibri, sans-serif]Rules[/FONT]

• [FONT=Calibri, sans-serif]Follow all of PC's rules.[/FONT]
  • [FONT=Calibri, sans-serif]No more than one dragon per tamer.[/FONT]
  • [FONT=Calibri, sans-serif]Please keep the cursing to a minimum.[/FONT]
  • [FONT=Calibri, sans-serif]You can be creative with spells, but remember dragon tamers aren't able to use very powerful spells.[/FONT]
  • [FONT=Calibri, sans-serif]Be realistic about injuries. If blood is pouring out of your side from a giant wound, you aren't just fine.[/FONT]
  • [FONT=Calibri, sans-serif]It's fine if you control the occasional NPC, like family and friends, but major NPCs, like the king and lords of castles, are mine to control.[/FONT]
  • [FONT=Calibri, sans-serif]Don't bunny unless you have permission.[/FONT]
  • [FONT=Calibri, sans-serif]A dragon tamer and his/her dragon cannot speak mind-to-mind. They can only share one another's emotions.[/FONT]
  • [FONT=Calibri, sans-serif]Please try to be active. If you do not post within two weeks, I will VM you. If you have not posted or informed me of why you cannot post within another two weeks, you will be removed from the RP.[/FONT]
  • [FONT=Calibri, sans-serif]As well as being longer than four lines, all posts must be at least two paragraphs long.[/FONT]
  • [FONT=Calibri, sans-serif]5 full sentences make up one paragraph.
    [/FONT]
  • [FONT=Calibri, sans-serif]Romance is allowed, but keep it within the rating.[/FONT]
  • [FONT=Calibri, sans-serif]There is bound to be violence, but please don't make anything too gory. Again, keep it within the rating.[/FONT]
  • If you choose to meet your dragon during the RP, please do so within the first few posts.
  • [FONT=Calibri, sans-serif]Pay close attention to my posts. They may hold useful information and plot hints.[/FONT]
[FONT=Calibri, sans-serif] Sign-Up[/FONT]
Spoiler:

Last edited:

<Challenger>

Goodbye PC...for now.
Years
Here is my alpha SU

Name: Alexander Baldwin, though he is known throughout the land as the "Knight of the Greenlands" due to his preference of green and his love of the forest/
[FONT=Calibri, sans-serif]Age (at least 16, but no older than 35): 28[/FONT]

[FONT=Calibri, sans-serif]Appearance (at least one full paragraph. You may add a picture, but I still want a written description as well): Alexander could be considered a handsome man. His long, chocolate colored, curly hair ends right at his ears all the way around his skull, and hangs in shocks above his piercing blue eyes. His face is fair, much like the elves in the stories he heard as a child. His smile is warm and charming, and his nose is thin and angular He has milky white skin that is impossible to mark upon. He has never had a single blemish in his life. He stands at 6'5, the average size for a knight. His muscles, in his arms, legs, and abdomen are large and powerful from training long and hard in the knight's academy. He has the description of every little girl's fairy-tale knight. He wears heavy plate armor from the knight's academy, and a chainmail suit under it. He wears all-plate helmet that extends from his head to the base of his neck, that he always removes dramatically so he can have an excuse to shake his hair back and forth. He always has his broadsword strapped around his waist in its ornate, green leather sheath. He calls it "Weapon of the Wilderlands." He had master blacksmiths transform his actual armor and sword green, which he wears with pride. His buckler shield is usually slung around his back with the image of a forest emblazoned on the front. He calls it "Warden of the Woods."[/FONT]

Personality: Alexander is a man of action. He almost always charges into a battle without considering it much. Strangely, he's almost never lost with this tactic. He is extremely brave, but he isn't very wise. He believes that things could always be solved with a good sword stroke or a down-right bashing. When in battle he goes into an insatiable blood lust that cannot be quenched until every enemy is dead. He uses his sword-and-shield combination to defeat enemies right and left. This leaves him with no hold of the reigns, but he grips with his knees and trusts Brenton entirely. He loves the dragon with all of his heart, and the dragon loves him back. The pair will almost never seen without the other. He even took up the Kirin way and became a vegetarian for Brenton. He is rather flirtatious with a women that he falls for, and he almost always wins her over with his charm and good looks. He is curious like Brenton, but he will never go investigate something without him.

[FONT=Calibri, sans-serif]History (At least two full paragraphs. I may a[/FONT][FONT=Calibri, sans-serif]sk for more if I'm not satisfied. If you've already met your dragon, include how you met it):[/FONT]

Occupation (how do you make a living? This could range from being a thief to being a rich nobleman.): He's a discharged knight that took up the life of a Dragon-Rider mercenary.

[FONT=Calibri, sans-serif][/FONT]
[FONT=Calibri, sans-serif]Spells known (include a description of how the spells work and what they do. Remember, nothing too powerful. If your character doesn't know any spells, leave this blank): [/FONT]
[FONT=Calibri, sans-serif]Unlocking doors: His fingers release small tendrils of magic that drift into a lock mechanism and tease the bolt until it unlocks[/FONT]
[FONT=Calibri, sans-serif]Simple wound healing: He places his hand on a wound and magic flows into his palm. It than heals no more than a bruise.[/FONT]
[FONT=Calibri, sans-serif]Some-what powerful night vision: He channels magic to his eyes and he gains a bit of night-vision.[/FONT]
[FONT=Calibri, sans-serif]Restores a little bit of energy: He can use his magic to replenish energy[/FONT]

[FONT=Calibri, sans-serif]Dragon Species: Forest Kirin[/FONT]

[FONT=Calibri, sans-serif]Name: Brenton[/FONT]

[FONT=Calibri, sans-serif]Gender: Male[/FONT]

[FONT=Calibri, sans-serif]Age (adolescent, adult, or ancient): Ancient[/FONT]

[FONT=Calibri, sans-serif]Description (at least one full paragraph. You may add a picture, but I still want a written description): Brenton is a large dragon. He is roughly 12 feet long and 6 feet high. His scales are the exact same color as a tree's bark, and his eyes are the exact same color as Alexander's: A piercing blue color. His horn is long, but his "branches" add a good three or four feet to his height, since he is roughly 100 years old, and he is undefeated in stamping competitions. His tail makes up for about 1 foot of his original length. His back is burdened with a saddle that was custom made for him when Alexander became his rider. He bears it with pride, for it shows that he has a rider. He belongs to someone. He lacks wings, but what he lacks in flight, he makes up for in speed. His legs are powerful from a decade of being Alexander's battle steed.[/FONT]

[FONT=Calibri, sans-serif]Personality (at least one full paragraph. I may ask for more if I'm not satisfied):[/FONT] Brenton is a calm creature outside of battle, but when he enters it, no one save for Alexander is safe. He kicks out with his feet, gores with his horns, and destroys with his earthquakes. When his fighting is combined with his rider's they are practically invincible. He is very curious at times, which has led to many an incident, but when Alexander is at the reigns he is rearing to go. He gets along well with other dragons, but he prefers to be alone, or with Alexander. The two are nearly inseparable.

RP Sample (I don't care if it's a post from another RP, or a one you've just written up. Just as long as it's good):

Last edited:

<Challenger>

Goodbye PC...for now.
Years
I agree. This really sounds like a good roleplay! Btw, I was hoping that you could choose a random dragon for me. I don't want to choose one myself to make myself over-powered.

Fort PokePower

Muffins forever
Years
If that's what you want. How about a basilisk? Or if you want something less chickenish, one of the kirins? XD Really, though, all the dragons are weak in one way or another.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Dec 21, 2020
May I get a reserved spot? The SU is a tad bit confusing. What I can't tell is are we all dragon trainers or can we be dragons? I'll start working on my SU.

Fort PokePower

Muffins forever
Years
I found this one just now: http://www.random.org/lists/
Just list the names and click randomize.

[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]Where do you come in?[/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]You are one of the dragon tamers the kingdom is searching for. Whether you realize it or not, there is a dragon waiting out there for you, one that you will form an unbreakable bond with. You just have to find it.[/FONT]
As it says here, you are a dragon tamer. The dragon part of the SU is where you put your dragon's information.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Dec 21, 2020
Can you answer my question?
I need a bit of help with the SU since the dragon part is confusing and stuff. I'll fill in what I can.

Fort PokePower

Muffins forever
Years
@Cutielaurenie- Sorry, I was making a post when you asked so I didn't see it until I'd already posted. I had edited my above post to answer your question.

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Dec 21, 2020
I read things quickly.
Sometimes I don't see things. Or maybe my glasses are getting dirty.

Back