• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

6th Gen Pokemon Migrating to Gen 6

Deokishisu

Mr. Magius
Years
The GBA and GBC Are also extremely Old Technology now and the 3DS is the Latest Technology I'm sure they will let us Reroll the stats if they are Revamped

It wasn't a tech issue, it was a translation issue. They've showed us that they're okay with breaking compatibility before which makes me think they won't hesitate to do it again.

Honestly, I'd be okay with it. With the way the metagame is now with the current IV and EV system, very few Pokemon can survive an assault for more than three turns. I wouldn't mind if a new system let us bulk up Pokemon a bit more. I don't want GSC stall, but it shouldn't be "whoever hits hardest and fastest" wins. A new system which slows down the metagame would be super welcome from me.

I left my GSC Pokemon behind, I can leave these behind too. (Though I was hoping to migrate my Sapphire Pokemon up into a Sapphire remake. Oh well!)

Shubshub

Master of The Y
Years
It wasn't a tech issue, it was a translation issue. They've showed us that they're okay with breaking compatibility before which makes me think they won't hesitate to do it again.

Honestly, I'd be okay with it. With the way the metagame is now with the current IV and EV system, very few Pokemon can survive an assault for more than three turns. I wouldn't mind if a new system let us bulk up Pokemon a bit more. I don't want GSC stall, but it shouldn't be "whoever hits hardest and fastest" wins. A new system which slows down the metagame would be super welcome from me.

I left my GSC Pokemon behind, I can leave these behind too. (Though I was hoping to migrate my Sapphire Pokemon up into a Sapphire remake. Oh well!)
Well If I can't transfer my 400+ Pokemon from Black to Pokemon Y Version then I'll throw Bricks at Game Freak
Plus if we can't Migrate that will Ultimately Confirm
RGBY Remakes for 3DS
GSC Remakes for 3DS
RSE Remakes for 3DS
DPPt Remakes for 3DS
and BW/BW2 Remakes for 3DS

And they Won't do that So its Not Happening We Will be Able to Migrate our Pokemon Atleast for A Few More Generations atleast

I Can't Bear to leave my Awesome Pokemon Behind I Have too Many of them

and Plus too many fans would rage and Game Freak would have to release an Update to allow us to Transfer our Pokemon

Cordelia

Banned
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Nov 21, 2014
Migrating Pokemon should be no problem, I'd assume though we'd have to do 4-> 5-> 6. D:

Wiilio

Friendly neighborhood fatman
Years
Or, it will ultimately mean they will put Pokemon from multiple gens in one region (which they do anyway).

Deokishisu, you bring up a very good point. I immediately thought about RBY EVs, where you could max out the EVs of every stat. That'd be pretty cool to see again, honestly. It would encourage people to actually level their Pokemon naturally instead of with Rare Candies.

SaniOKh

Too old for this stuff
Years
So put the GBC game into one GBA, and put the GBA game into another GBA, and link them with a GBA cable. Unless the GBA cables didn't work with GBC games, and I'm pretty sure they did.

GBA cables didn't work with GBC games, because GBA and GBC had different communication protocols (basically, they didn't send the same signals to sync up the connection, send and receive data, make sure the other party is still connected etc) . The reason why GBA could use GBC cables when it had a GBC cart in it was that GBA basically had a built-in GBC, complete with a second processor and everything. The built-in GBC had the means to know it was running on a GBA (hence the bonus stores in Zelda Oracle games when the game was played on a GBA) and could use the triggers to resize the screen, but other than that it could only behave as a regular GBC and could not use any of the GBA features (including the GBA's communication protocol).

Anyways, I am one of those who doubt the EV/IV system will be revamped. I just don't see the reason why they would do that. I bet they'll release a 3DS app that retrieves Pokémon from Gen 5 and puts them on Gen 6.

EDIT: Besides, and that's the programmer in me speaking, if they technically have the means to transfer Pokémon from one Gen to the other, even if they revamp the EV/IV system, nothing prevents them from reading a Gen 5 Pokémon, converting its EVs/IVs, recalculating its stats and, if the Pokémon is egregiously hacked, reset the stats to average (or weak) values as a punishment. They have the means: the Dream Radar app proves that 3DS apps can interact with DS games and alter saves, and I bet they can do the same with 3DS games.

Last edited:

latioslegends

What worries you masters you
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Apr 4, 2019
I hope they allow migrating from fourth gen games. I bailed out on fifth gen. :S

Wiilio

Friendly neighborhood fatman
Years
Well then, I stand corrected.

Still, I'd never rule out Game Freak shaking things up. They don't NEED a reason to do it. They just have to put it in.

I'm not saying they WILL, but I'm also not saying they won't. I'd urge you to all keep it in mind, though, just in case it does happen. You really never know.

latioslegends

What worries you masters you
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Apr 4, 2019
They might surprise us and do that Along side allowing transfer from Gen V Games seeing as though both games were on the

Hopefully so, but the tend has generally been: 3rd>4rth>5th. Keeping my fingers crossed. =)

Platinum Lucario

The Legendary Master of [color=#D8D48C]Light[/colo
Years
I would really hope that Pokémon X and Y allow migrating from Black/White/Black 2/White 2, otherwise it would be a shame to have to gain all the event Pokémon from scratch.

But I'd be positive that Game Freak would implement a migration feature of some sort that allows transferring of your old Pokémon from Black/White/Black 2/White 2. :)

Years
  • Seen Mar 13, 2023
There should be a feature like that, after all, we did see Unova Pokemon in the trailer. If not, it would be quite a fail.

pikakitten

You met with a terrible fate
Years
Yeah I think that there will be a way, maybe something similar to migrating to Gen VI, that would be fun xD
and if we can't well, I might not migrate anything anyway so :P xD

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
Maybe they make a spin off that carries out pokemon into a box on the Nintendo 3DS, than when we use our X and Y we can upload those pokemon similar to how we got pokemon and items from Radar.

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
Years
I'm actually hoping that Gen 6 doesn't allow migrating Pokemon from Gen 5, so it could give GF a perfect excuse to create the R/S remakes for the 3DS and include Pokemon that weren't on XY's regional dex nor post-game areas. That way, all of this outcry for the remakes can finally be put to rest.

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
Years
I'm guessing that they'll stick to Gen V's methods of having at least two DS's to transfer pokemon to Pal Park, which btw, I really hope that this time they won't incorporate some sort of minigame to it because it took waaay too long imo. ;__;

Raichupacabra

Villain
Years
When they did it with Ruby and Sapphire only like 60-70 of the 251 old Pokemon were included and since there was so many complaints, they had to make FireRed and LeafGreen (and Colosseum) so it could be possible to have all of the non-event Pokemon. So unless Game Freak wants to make a slew of other games so we can catch 'em all, we're most likely going to be able to import Pokemon from Gen V.

Years
  • Seen Oct 2, 2020
I've never bothered with it myself - the only things I've done like that are transferring the best pokemon from one gen into one game (Emerald in gen III, Platinum in gen IV and I haven't done it yet in gen V) so that I can restart the other games. I always catch and use new pokemon in new games, so there's never any reason to transfer between gens.

That said, I would presume that transfer will be possible between the DS games and the 3DS games. Really, the only thing that would make it impossible would be if they make some fundamental changes to the pokemon themselves - like the special stat split between gens I and II or the addition of natures and abilities between gens II and III.

Miss Anne Thrope

Disgusted
Years
I was thinking about this. I seriously hope migration is possible. I won't be surprised if we can't do it though. I wouldn't be able to anyway, I only have one device.

Elite Four Lucian

Elite Four - Psychic User
Years
I have been wondering about this as well, I am curious to see how it'll work, since the other games are on the DS and the new ones are 3DS...

Back