• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen The Shiny Discussion Thread [v3.0]

kosuke

Extraterrestrial DNA
Years
The one and only shiny i got in Gen4 was in SoulSilver (other than red Gyarados). It was a Psyduck at Route 35.

Altair1

Willpower
Years
I remember about 4 years ago I was walking through route 210 (north) on my Diamond version, I hadn't used Defog to clear out the fog. As I was going to press X to open the menu, I hit Y instead, my Pokeradar was registered so it activated. I could barely see the grass patches in the fog, I just walked around and by chance ran into a shiny Machop! (Which I caught) ... It's long gone now though since I traded that game in a while ago.

However, literally just 10 minutes ago I encountered a shiny Wooper in Pokemon Diamond (I purchased it and all the NDS Pokemon games to play through recently), I was in the Marsh looking for Croagunk, I encountered it like 6 times and it still escaped! ... Then a shiny Wooper appears, I chose to throw the ball straight away (who wouldn't?!) It didn't shake once, broke free. *Heart skipped a beat*... It chose to stay and watch carefully though haha! *Sigh of relief* ... Threw my next Safari Ball which eventually caught it! :D

TreeTerraGames

Youtuber - Pokemon
Years
This is sad story BTW
I only ever found one shiny... it was after 3 hours of using the PokéRadar in the first route I found a shiny Shinx and I was really exited so I went for a move that never 1 hit K.O any other Shinxs'... I got a critical hit and it was a one hit kill :(.

Years
  • Seen Jun 13, 2013
I haven't encountered a single shiny pokemon.

In fact, not only in gen 4. I NEVER ENCOUNTERED A SHINY.
Well, once during a Fire Red playthrough on my pc (through VBA) I met and cought a shiny golbat, but tha doesn't count. I never encountered a shiny on a legitimate game.

.:batto:.

Pokébreeder
Years
I've found 2 shiny's in my whole pokemon career.
1. A golbat in victory road back in my Pokemon silver days. i couldn't believe i found a pokemon that was a different colour. Went into my pokeballs.. only had a masterball. i ran at this stage.. haha.
and another was a shiny rattata in SS. caught him.

SoulSilver10112

George the Poliwag
Years
  • Seen Jun 30, 2013
I had good and bad luck with shinies in Gen iV. First, I ran into a shiny Bronzor in Wayward cave. Mira knocked it out. Next, I found a shiny Sealeo while surfing, and I did a critical hit. On HeartGold, though, I resetted and got a shiny Cyndaquil. The Cyndaquil is now a Typhlosion, and is in my SoulSilver game.

Back