• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Noobies Guide to Poke-Pic

EVIL DARK MEW

Advanced Pokemaniac
Years
Ok im going to ATTEMPT to make a nice tutorial for pokepic so people dont have to struggle like i did ..

~although the program is very easy to use~

For this example we will need.....

~Pokemon Ruby
~Pokepic (comes with elite map)
~a redone sprite (its so easy to make 1 ...i did it with microsoft paint)
*for this example we will be useing a VERY simple blue charmander *

ok here goes....

Open Pokepic and open a ruby rom....
you see this....

click on next till you reach the charmander pic....

then click import to import your new sprite

##THE NEW SPRITE MAY NOT BE BIGGER THEN THE OLD ONE...CHECK BY EXPORTING THE PIC FIRST###

If everything was done as instructed you should have this...

now all you ned to do is click *compress and write to rom*

Congratulations you have now added your first new pokemon...
See how easy it was...!

Last edited by a moderator:

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 23, 2023
And I always go the hard way. Sheesh...

Thanks for this, and now I know how to do things a little easier. Thanks again. ;)

Twinx

s o m e t h i n g M O R E
Years
Well, you're right Poke-Pic is probably the easiest tool to use, a tutorial wasn't necessary, but I guess some people could find it useful, mostly newbies. Thanks for your time anyway :)

/Circa

a face in the clouds.
Years
Poke-Pic is very easy but very unreliable, esplecially when you need a palette change.

It also sometimes stuffs up, once you change it don't touch it again because it becomes glitchy, to me atleast.

Make sure you try on a backup rom before on a real rom.

giova90

Moebius
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jul 5, 2014
but is better to put a sprite in an empty place of the rom,and with the RSball link that image(sprite) at the place of change the pokemon original!

DarkFear

I will ^^
Years
  • Age 29
  • NZ
  • Seen Dec 22, 2010
I still think it is worth understanding unLZ. Poke-Pic is good but may stuff up. Good tut though.

92mike92

The Ultimate Pokemon Designer!
Years
  • Seen Feb 15, 2011
do you have msn or something?
I'm new to pokemon hacking and I want to know how to get my own pokemon that I designed into the game.
It'd be extremely appreaciated and if all goes well I can make you some customized pokemon ^^
if you can please friend request
myspace.com/surroundyouall
that's obviously me and I'll get back to you after you do.
Please and thankyou!
I just need to know about the tools I need to do so etc. I catch on fast don't worry.

timson733333

Woah.
Years
I can't do it....

When I get to import the picture into Pokepic, the colors get funny. On a Youtube tutorial, TheJollyRoger said that it might be altered. But mines is altered a LOT.

When I get the colors to go my way, it SCREWS everything up.

Back