• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

"Dear Mr. President: There are too many states nowadays. Please eliminate three!"

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
Years
What are some of your favourite quotes from film, TV, theatre, books, whatever? Why do you like them so much?

If you can guess where the title quote is from and who said it, I'll give you a special prize! (Hint: The full quote ends with the phrase "I am not a crackpot!")

Years
  • Seen Jan 3, 2015
Simpsons, ftw! One of favorite quotes is from Simpsons, particularly from the Grampa.

"He used to be smart as a chimp, but now...he's dumb as a monkey."

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Nov 5, 2017
The Naked Civil Servant is full of quotes I like. Most memorable for me being:

"There is no need to do any housework at all. After the first four years the dirt doesn't get any worse."

and there was another in the film adaptation that I can't remember exactly, something like "any work of fiction, even the worst, is better than real life."

And I can't think of others that are relevant right now, apart from a few long depressing ones and a few from comedy films that aren't even funny when read from text. And I was about to start quoting Malcolm X, ha.

Last edited:

Jake♫

► My Happy Little Pill 
Years
"It's going to be legen - and I hope you're not lactose intolerant because the second half is DARY."

God I love How I Met Your Mother and Neil Patrick Harris =3

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Apr 21, 2024
My two favorite quotes:

The Great Gatsby: "Whenever you feel like criticizing any one...just remember that all the people in this world haven't had the advantages that you've had."

A Song of Fire and Ice / Game of Thrones: "Never forget who you are, for surely the world won't. Make it your strength. Then it can never be your weakness. Armor yourself in it, and it will never be used to hurt you."

I think that quotes themselves are self explanatory enough to answer why.

marcc5m

what
Years
"Dobby never meant to kill. Only to maim, or seriously injure."
I laughed so hard at that.
Also in the Simpsons movie when Rod and Todd are praying and say:
"Bountiful Penis" and then the younger one says "amen" at the end <3

Back