• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

About Ash!

Will Ash become a Pokemon Master?

• Yes

Votes: 25 56.8%
  • No

Votes: 19 43.2%

• Total voters

Zishi

yOu thInK yOu KnOw Me!
Years
Will ash ever become a Pokemon Master! I think that he will!

Years
  • Seen Jan 30, 2007
i dont think he will lol i remember on the first episode he said he was gonna catch all the pokemon but he doesn't even have a rattata or spearow lol or other johto/Hoenn pokemon

XD375

Shane
Years
Yeah, but it'll fall in ratings and he'll never get that far. So I voted "No".

Besides, in the original Japanese version, he said he wanted only rare Pokémon.

Luиαrglοω

Yuuko ftw 8D
Years
No. I don't watch the anime but I still doubt it.

P.S.: It's not tht I don't like Ash, I do, kindasorta, but I just can't see it happening D:

Scarlet Weather

The Game is Afoot!
Years
I think if he does, the anime won't tell us. Most likely he'll win a competition, then decide to make some odd journey to continue his training, and set off with Pikachu to find new adventures. That would actually fit the series.... and as for Ash's number of Pokemon, it is never stated that he needs to capture every single one to become a Pokemon master. After all, what about legendaries? Most people who are portrayed as capturing them are shown to be evil, or at least confused.

Guest123_x1

Ash won't become a "Pokemon Master" anytime within the anime's production run (or even within lifetime, AFAIC).

Auron

Legendary Guardian
Years
I think he'll become. Why ?? Ash is the typical character who everything happens to him.

Who was choosen by Lugia ?? Who found Togepi's egg ?? Who was designed as the luckiest person by the Quagsires ?? Who is the leader ?? Who is the main character ?? Who is the one who is always saving us of the bad guys ??

So that's why I think he'll become.

Years
i dont like ash, no wait, that wont cut it. i hate ash, nope, still doesn't cut it. I HATE ASH! (when will it cut it) and really, hes not becoming a master!

Years
No. He may win a few major competitions, like he did with the Orange League & Battle Frontier, but he loses the majority of the time & definitely isn't the best trainer. He'll never be the 'Master'.

CHaRiSMa

Watching Celty chase bad guys
Years
I think he'll become. Why ?? Ash is the typical character who everything happens to him.

Who was choosen by Lugia ?? Who found Togepi's egg ?? Who was designed as the luckiest person by the Quagsires ?? Who is the leader ?? Who is the main character ?? Who is the one who is always saving us of the bad guys ??

That's why on the other hand the animators make him lose almost every tournament he takes part (except for Orange Leauge and Battle Frontier). At this rate at the end of cartoon he'll never become a pkmn master.

Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Apr 29, 2007

LOL!!!! :laugh: Well said. And I totaly agree.

Years
That's why on the other hand the animators make him lose almost every tournament he takes part (except for Orange Leauge and Battle Frontier). At this rate at the end of cartoon he'll never become a pkmn master.

And that should stop, if only to change the pace for once. And frankly, you have to ask yourself: "what does it take to be a Master?" The only episode that tried to address this was Bruno's full intro in "To Master the Onixpected", I think that's the title. And never again, or the writers address character flaws or battle techniques as shown in later Elite Four episodes (with the exception of Lance as for plot). I dunno.

Either way, it inspires topics, if nothing else.

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~

Buffalo State College
Years
he won't because if he does the show is pretty much done. Not only that his Pokemon are very weak compared to other Pokemon trainers and he missed catching alot of Pokemon. He is up to his (I think its 5th) region and his Pokedex completion is horrible

:t354:~*!*~Queen Boo~*!*~

Pkmn_knight

A Knight Of Pokemon
Years
i think That they should make a New character and have either ash and co out of episodes or have like spilt episodes with buth ash and co and a new char. Who wants to complete his pokedex. I think that Ash wont be a Pokemon Master, Just a Pokemon Legend.

Taemin

move.
Years
  • Age 36
  • USA
  • Seen Apr 2, 2024
Even being the Ash fangirl that I'am... no, I don't think he will. D:
Because, he hardly ever catches very many Pokemon, he tends to lose at all the major competitions, and he doesn't ever discover all the Pokemon in the regions.

Oh yeah... and he doesn't evovle all of his Pokemon either... so....His pokedex is probably far from complete.

Years
  • Seen Aug 9, 2011
He will become like Doctor Little. He'll live in the wilderness, and all his friends wont be human. Someday, aspiring trainers will seek him out but it will be a difficult feat.

Taemin

move.
Years
  • Age 36
  • USA
  • Seen Apr 2, 2024
He will become like Doctor Little. He'll live in the wilderness, and all his friends wont be human. Someday, aspiring trainers will seek him out but it will be a difficult feat.

Ooo, I like that. Its sounds reasonable enough. xD

He'll be the old man that sits on his front porch of little cabin, surrounded Pokemon, who will be his only friends...

... like the old lady with all the cats...

Horrorshow

Astrud, astrud.
Years
Ooo, I like that. Its sounds reasonable enough. xD

He'll be the old man that sits on his front porch of little cabin, surrounded Pokemon, who will be his only friends...

... like the old lady with all the cats...

But that old lady's cats prolly don't shoot lasers and stuff. :]

Back