• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen The Protagonists.

tnfsf11

They should be named Xavier and Yyvette :D
OUI bien sur.
The protagonisits look French somehow to me, I do hope the games have a completely French theme, like adding a boulevard filled with cafes & open shops like the ones in Slateport :D but that's off-topic...
And BTW Xavier is pronounced Zav-ee-yeh for those who don't know :)

Branellope

THIS. IS. SEMPITERNAL.
Years
I call them Xander and Yvonne XD
But yeah, I hope the other protagonist is your rival, and then you have a childhood friend as another rival. One of them should become champion, and the other rival should do something awesome. If the rival isn't the champion, they should TOTALLY give the champion a legendary, like the other version mascot.

SolarAbusoru

Go Go PokéRangers
Years
I'm still doubting their names will begin with X and Y, it didn't happen with Crystal, Ruby/Sapph/Emer, D/P/Pt, HG/SS, B/W or B2/W2 so doubt it'd start here, they'll use names that are part of a theme.

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
Years
Seems like the fake artwork I posted before in this thread was spot-on the protagonists actual designs. Anyone think that the female trainer has a disproportionate body anatomy?

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
OUI bien sur.
The protagonisits look French somehow to me, I do hope the games have a completely French theme, like adding a boulevard filled with cafes & open shops like the ones in Slateport :D but that's off-topic...
And BTW Xavier is pronounced Zav-ee-yeh for those who don't know :)
So I've been pronouncing it right all this time, cool. Usually I hear Eks-say-vee-yer.
Perhaps they the two characters will have nature related names as this region seems full of nature.

tnfsf11

Anyone think that the female trainer has a disproportionate body anatomy?
She doesn't, the skirt is maybe a bit taller than it should be, but I'm sure it will be more clear in the official release :)

Jake♫

► My Happy Little Pill 
Years
Compared to some last generations female protagonist I don't find her very disproportionate. I mean, she may be skinnier than a typical girl of that age, but as stated, it's pretty typical for manga/anime to portray their characters like that.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Jan 5, 2018
You can see both the Male and Female protagonist in the same picture.
may_supp_p3_5.jpg

And the female don't have her hat.

blue

gucci
Years
You can see both the Male and Female protagonist in the same picture.
may_supp_p3_5.jpg

And the female don't have her hat.

may_p3_6.jpg

I'd definitively say that's the female protagonist rather than an NPC. It has been said that at certain points in-game you can get new accessories and outfits for your character which could explain the lack of her wearing a hat.

Years
  • Age 31
  • USA
  • Seen Mar 30, 2024
Is it just me, or does the protag artwork look like it's been drawn by Sugimori again rather than Oumura? Does anyone have any information on that?

SolarAbusoru

Go Go PokéRangers
Years
Is it just me, or does the protag artwork look like it's been drawn by Sugimori again rather than Oumura? Does anyone have any information on that?

Judging by the wobblier lineart, and the increased layers of shading, yeah I'd say it's back to Ken

Belldandy

[color=teal][b]Ice-Type Fanatic[/b][/color]
Years

Spoiler:

I wish the male design would have been better though. The female is so hip and trendy. The male counterpart is a bit of a disappointment (almost as bad as D/P/Pt)...

Back