• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

2nd Gen Green or Blue?

vaporeon7

My life would suck without you
Years
As many of you know, Japan's first Pokémon games were Pokémon Red and Green, with them also receiving Blue as an updated version later. The rest of the world only got Pokémon Red and Blue, that was based off Japan's Pokémon Blue with the same version exclusives as Japan's Red and Green. So would you have rather our Blue to be named Green? What if we got Pokémon Green and Blue, and no Red?

Discuss!

Pin003.png

:P

PichuRules4ever

The TF2 Pyro
Years
I'd rather have it named Blue because I've always preferred the color blue over green. I would think "We should have a version for Charizard" as I have never really like Venusaur as much. I like how we have it now. At least we have LeafGreen. :t003:

Years
  • Seen Dec 15, 2013
Why not have it Green & Blue, at that? Or Orange & Blue?
I'd keep Red & Blue though, most appealing for marketing and so forth as these are regarded as opposite colours.

FlameChocobo

Warrior of Hoenn
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 27, 2016
That would change nothing at all if we get Green and Blue, and no Red, because that would be equally as stupid.

So I prefer all 3 versions in their original forms.

Years
It would've been nice if we could've gotten all 3 versions, but I'm happy that we got Blue over Green. Plus, with the addition of Yellow later on, we got all three primary colors represented in game form (whereas green is just a combination of blue and yellow).

Aurora

seven years here and i finally figure out how to d
Years
Red and Blue's much more aesthetically pleasing than Red and Green (despite the fact that art dictates that Red and Green are opposites), and when you throw Yellow into the mix, you've got the primary colours rather than traffic lights (which, incidentally, is a much nicer combination).

Bounsweet

Fruit Pokémon
Years
  • Seen Sep 17, 2018
I like Red and Blue more than Red and Green. Red and Blue contrast a lot more and sort of give a rivalry between those two games that just weren't emulated with FireRed and LeafGreen.

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jun 28, 2013
The colour names confuse me a bit. I don't care about their names, really. Red or Green, Red or Blue, it doesn't have different effect at least on me. IMO, the exclusive Pokemons is so what matters.

Back